Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2009, 17:36   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
So what's the car # mentioned in the insurance documents? Is it the temp# or just not there?

Do post that and the process also. Kudos to you for trying man.
No car registration number. I will intimate this to them separately. Right now, its just the engine number + chassis number which should still hold good for claims.

Yes, I will post it up for sure.
Old 15th April 2009, 18:40   #122
BHPian

@RL: Have Scorpio dealers started taking bookings for 4x4? If yes then for which all variants...any idea?

Cheers,
Deepak
Old 15th April 2009, 18:53   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
@RL: Have Scorpio dealers started taking bookings for 4x4? If yes then for which all variants...any idea?

Cheers,
Deepak
The 4x4 Mhawk is still undergoing testing and will take some time to launch. The 4x4 2.6 CRDE is available for booking!
Old 16th April 2009, 00:53   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post

Cheers,
Deepak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
The 4x4 Mhawk is still undergoing testing and will take some time to launch. The 4x4 2.6 CRDE is available for booking!

Deepak. I have confirmed this with Mahindra Corporate. 4WD is available only with the older 2.6 CRDe in the SLX variant.

2.2 with 4WD is a couple of months away.
Old 16th April 2009, 23:02   #125
Senior - BHPian

Slightly late but still many congratulations on getting the BISON!!!Time to buy your fake RayBans

Your ownership report was very informative. Hope you have finished your running in. Just a few quick questions
1. Whats the service interval?
2. Road manners on the highway above 100KMPH if you have done?

Cheers
Old 17th April 2009, 18:24   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Slightly late but still many congratulations on getting the BISON!!!Time to buy your fake RayBans

Your ownership report was very informative. Hope you have finished your running in. Just a few quick questions
1. Whats the service interval?
2. Road manners on the highway above 100KMPH if you have done?

Cheers
Thanks Milecruncher - good to see you joined the party. I just finished 1000 kilcks this afternoon enroute to Chennai, but have really not pushed her too much. A quick burst to 120kph is all I did.

M&M recommended service interval is every 5000 klicks. What I am going to do is, change the oil right now after 1000 klicks. Then go in for a oil change again at 5000 klicks, And again at 10,000 klicks. Then, I am moving to fully synthetic oil. All oil changes with a complete flushing before my eyes.

Have not gone beyond 100kph too much, but I am not enthused with cornering her. This bison is best for straightline point and shoot. Anything else is trouble - even if kitted out with track spec suspension. The brakes are exceptional though. Overall, a very comfy tourer.

You still deciding?
Old 17th April 2009, 18:48   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post

You still deciding?
Decided. It is still the Bolero. Paid the booking amount. Awaiting my DO from the bank next week.

Isn't the service interval a bit too short as the new safari and xenon have 1 year 15k km. Did you happen to speak regarding this to the Mahindra service guys.
Old 17th April 2009, 19:17   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Decided. It is still the Bolero. Paid the booking amount. Awaiting my DO from the bank next week.

Isn't the service interval a bit too short as the new safari and xenon have 1 year 15k km. Did you happen to speak regarding this to the Mahindra service guys.
its a money making thing. Thats why after 10K i will move to synthetic and do this once in 15k.
Old 17th April 2009, 19:32   #129
BANNED

Hi Red Liner, could you shed light on Scorpio's ride quality!
The earlier Scorpio's I drove had poor ride quality & passengers inside were jarred.
I've heard Mahindra have improved ride quality in the Refresh, is it true?
Im only concerned about the comfort in the front seats.
Old 17th April 2009, 20:55   #130
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Deepak. I have confirmed this with Mahindra Corporate. 4WD is available only with the older 2.6 CRDe in the SLX variant.

That sounds great. I did a brief TD of the new Scorpio in Gurgaon two weeks back. One of the salespersons (the only one there who seemed to know anything about the car!) said that the 4x4 will take some time. But I suppose Mahindra Corporate should know better.

R_R
Old 18th April 2009, 20:33   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post

I spoke to 'Lucky' a person in Sri Durga automobiles in New Delhi. Mahindra corporate asked him to call me regarding my technical query of 4x4 Scorpio. He confirmed that 4x4 is ready for delivery on the mHawk variant but delivery time is 4 to 6 weeks. He also promised that the salesman will get back to me on exact pricing etc. for the 4x4 SLE variant.
Old 18th April 2009, 22:00   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
Hi Red Liner, could you shed light on Scorpio's ride quality!
The earlier Scorpio's I drove had poor ride quality & passengers inside were jarred.
I've heard Mahindra have improved ride quality in the Refresh, is it true?
Im only concerned about the comfort in the front seats.
Potholes are masked for sure. But still a bit of bobbing. Am comparing solely to a Sedan here. Honestly, you cannot expect Sedan like performance from an SUV like this. Maybe something longer and broader, and thus more planted will definitely not bob as much.

The seats are MUCH better. Like I had mentioned earlier - more buckety, better thigh support and very good lumbar support. You feel pretty snug in her.

Ride quality has improved because the suspension has been tuned by Lotus in the UK because of the new , 70 kg lighter mHawk engine upfront. Now under hard braking, the car does not lurch front as opposed to the 2.6's.
Old 18th April 2009, 22:11   #133
BANNED

Thanks Redliner, I've driven Sedans like Corolla & its ride quality is bumpy/uncomfortable. Whereas I've heard that Safari's ride quality is superb & the vehicle glides over bumps/potholes.
Endeavour is long & wide, but again its ride is bumpy!

Yes, I was concerned about the seats, good that they are comfy now.
Good to know that breaking has also improved.
Old 18th April 2009, 22:18   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

How we did the PDI - Pre-delivery PDI - Part 1

Continuing from earlier on here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1257194

So once I had chosen my car and given the signal to the sales guy, the driver there figured I had yelled *joot* to him. The next thing I know, my car is revved up like crazy and just driven right up the dusty road into the service center at like 40 kmph on 2nd gear.

Not good.

I smoldered over the sales guy like a volcano bubbling over. His kerchief was drenched with his nervous sweating as I yelled about how they can drive a customer vehicle like this in front of a customer. Are they trying to get themselves fired from their jobs or are they just plain stupid? I shuddered to think how other dealerships were driving cars around.

I walked into the service area and looked into the car as they started fitting all the things in (the foot steps etc). A guard there stopped me from opening MY car.

I yelled at him so much, he ran across to the other side of the car and kept telling me not to touch the car. Which in hindsight is a good thing because then you dont have all kinds of unauthorised people coming and having a party in your car as it awaits delivery. So I cooled down, as I checked a couple of more things. But I wanted to stick around as they did the installation.

Was told it was not allowed as per policy. This really got my goat. Thats MY car. I will stand on TOP of the car if I want to. I rang up the Works Manager - who happens to be a TBHP addict (clue: his cousin is on the GQ drive), who assured me that everything would be OK. That was my cue to get back. So I headed back and met the Work's manager gentleman, and then headed back to work.
Old 19th April 2009, 08:57   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by passionrider View Post
I spoke to 'Lucky' a person in Sri Durga automobiles in New Delhi. Mahindra corporate asked him to call me regarding my technical query of 4x4 Scorpio. He confirmed that 4x4 is ready for delivery on the mHawk variant but delivery time is 4 to 6 weeks. He also promised that the salesman will get back to me on exact pricing etc. for the 4x4 SLE variant.
I got my information from a senior manager responsible for the Scorpio product line and the information if he was mhawk with 4WD was about 3 months away, but if 'Lucky' can get you one in 4 to 6 weeks it will be awsome, but I strongly suspect that you will find the 2.6 CRDe under the hood.

I didn't go though an dealership guy or third party, but got my information directly from the source. What is available now is the old SLX variant with 2.6 CRDe and 4WD. If you do get a written quote for the mhawk variant with 4WD do let me know.

Last edited by 4x4addict : 19th April 2009 at 08:59.

Most Viewed