Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2009, 15:15   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
congrats for the car buddy.
Enjoy your ride
Pics please
Its a shame that in spite of making good cars, the dealers are again a let down.
Thanks! So true. Fiat has a winner on their hands. I hope they don't mess up again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Congrads on your purchase. Thanks for clearing up on the first ownership impressions. Someone I know was contemplating buying this same trim.

Sorry for the infamous question, but I am sure he would like to know - Mileage kitna saab??

I guess its a learning for each of us that we should never take a word on the Dealers deliver date. If you cannot wait, pay only when you see the piece in their garage.
Thanks. So far the display is showing 11 km/l. It's all city drive in busy Pune traffic. Quite good for a car of it's size. Also I'm told the mileage might increase once it's run a few 1000 kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Congrats pal! You had a harrowing time to get your Linea delivered!
Looke like Fiat couldn't cope up with the unexpected demand for E+ models.

I guess the car will make-up for it
Yah. The dealer had all the other models for ready delivery. In fact they are even corporate discounts, etc. on all models other than the Emotion
Pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
WoW! Linea Rain here on TBHP

Congrats & all the best!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
COngrats mate!
So many new LInea's recently is a pleasure to see here.
I was feeling bad for you to wait so much time to get your hands on it.

I feel Fiat was not expecting so many initial bookings and hence the delay to many owners.
Still do follow up with this FIat and TATA. SPecially Tata cos as per my experience with them they do responsd fast.

Enjoy the drive!
The dealers as well as Tata claim that they didn't expect so many Emotion Pack models to be booked and hence the delay. What I'm surprised about is that Tata/Fiat have known for at least 2 months that Emotion Pack is more in demand. They should have reacted faster to this.

Honestly, I don't expect any response from Tata/Fiat. If I do get a response they will probably say sorry and that they are looking in to it.
Old 9th April 2009, 15:57   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
Thanks. So far the display is showing 11 km/l. It's all city drive in busy Pune traffic. Quite good for a car of it's size. Also I'm told the mileage might increase once it's run a few 1000 kms.
11 KMPL is low for a Diesel engine, it would be better after 1000 kms, do update us.

BTW, which sales exec you interacted at B. U. Bhandari? There is one Mr. Dinesh there and I found him very reluctant - in fact they offered me test ride as small as 200 meters, and I am actually planning to try it with Pandit this weekend.

HOW much did you pay OTR for E+ in Pune?

rgds,
- Manish
Old 9th April 2009, 17:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It should definitely get better than that. Keep us posted
Old 9th April 2009, 17:26   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
11 KMPL is low for a Diesel engine, it would be better after 1000 kms, do update us.

BTW, which sales exec you interacted at B. U. Bhandari? There is one Mr. Dinesh there and I found him very reluctant - in fact they offered me test ride as small as 200 meters, and I am actually planning to try it with Pandit this weekend.

HOW much did you pay OTR for E+ in Pune?

rgds,
- Manish

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
It should definitely get better than that. Keep us posted
Well, my average speed during this time has been 17km/h!!! Personally I find 11 km/l reasonable as the car is still in it's run in period!

My salesperson was Nitin. He gave me a long test drive and was quite knowledgeable about the car but he never ever called back!!

The Pandit guy even bought the car to my office. Since BU Bhandari was "promising" a faster delivery I went with them!!! I think Pandit will probably give you better service.

OTR was ~ Rs. 901,000 with the extended warranty. I managed to save Rs. 6,000 by buying the insurance on my own so in total I paid ~ Rs. 895,000.
Old 9th April 2009, 18:11   #20
BHPian

Quote:
OTR was ~ Rs. 901,000 with the extended warranty. I managed to save Rs. 6,000 by buying the insurance on my own so in total I paid ~ Rs. 895,000.
That's good! Which insurance did you buy? 901,000 is still within my aspirations. Guess someone mentioned Linea increasing price and then someone from Banglore quoted close to 10L and I was really heartbroken. I think around 9l -- I can think of it by June when I am expecting some money.
Old 9th April 2009, 19:09   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
That's good! Which insurance did you buy? 901,000 is still within my aspirations. Guess someone mentioned Linea increasing price and then someone from Banglore quoted close to 10L and I was really heartbroken. I think around 9l -- I can think of it by June when I am expecting some money.
Bajaj Allianz. Others were pretty much the same price as well though.

I've heard rumours that the price is increasing as well but don't think have seen it confirmed anywhere yet. On their website they still have the old price.
Old 9th April 2009, 23:34   #22
Senior - BHPian

Wow. Today I spotted 5 Lineas in Pune. All customer registered. Saw one back Emotion in a car decor shop adjacent to FC Road in the evening. Was it yours by any chance?
Old 10th April 2009, 13:02   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Wow. Today I spotted 5 Lineas in Pune. All customer registered. Saw one back Emotion in a car decor shop adjacent to FC Road in the evening. Was it yours by any chance?
Nopes, not mine . I've seen a lot of Lineas in Pune as well.
Old 15th April 2009, 10:51   #24
BHPian

1000 kms crossed

I crossed 1000 kms on the Linea earlier this week. Took the car to Bombay over the weekend. As per the MID I received 23+ km/l on the expressway! I kept the car under 2,500 RPM for most of the way. Pickup was no issue at all while going to Bombay. While driving back to Pune it seemed a tad underpowered but nothing significant.

The car has developed some minor rattling sounds already. Also the cover to the area under the steering wheel that houses the fuses has opened and refuses to shut. Seems like it was shut with a couple of filmsy clips that have come out. I wonder if FIAT ran short of parts or those filmsy clips is all that they have planned to hold the cover. Need to report both of these to the dealer.

The Seat Covers (Rs. 7,000) from the dealer looks good but nothing different than can be purchased from outside for much cheaper.

In my opinion the Floor Mats are a rip-off at Rs. 1,000 but they do look very good. Has any one purchased any after market ones? How do they look?

I will get Garware film put on it later this month.

Blue and Me was working fine when I initially used it but had trouble when I tried using it again. In FIAT's defense I haven't read the manual for it yet. Hopefully once I read it I can get it working properly.

Pictures will come this weekend.
Old 16th April 2009, 12:50   #25
BHPian

Just checked the mileage. It was approximately 15 km/l. About 65% is city driving and 35% is highway.
Old 16th April 2009, 13:33   #26
BANNED

Quote:
I crossed 1000 kms on the Linea earlier this week. Took the car to Bombay over the weekend. As per the MID I received 23+ km/l on the expressway! I kept the car under 2,500 RPM for most of the way. Pickup was no issue at all while going to Bombay. While driving back to Pune it seemed a tad underpowered but nothing significant.
How did she perform on Lonavala ghat particularly the one which is very stiff while going from bbay to pune?

Beige floor mats (with boot mats), though bit costlier, looks classy & rich

Last edited by VahanPujari : 16th April 2009 at 13:35. Reason: addition
Old 16th April 2009, 15:30   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
How did she perform on Lonavala ghat particularly the one which is very stiff while going from bbay to pune?

Beige floor mats (with boot mats), though bit costlier, looks classy & rich
Pretty good. Turns were no problem but the pickup was a little bit slower up the ghats than I'm used to. For reference I've driven the Swift and Optra before (both petrol).

Would have been interesting to take her on the old highway!

The dealer didn't offer me the option of beige floor mats or I would have gone for them! Oh well.
Old 16th April 2009, 17:18   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Pretty good. Turns were no problem but the pickup was a little bit slower up the ghats than I'm used to. For reference I've driven the Swift and Optra before (both petrol).

Would have been interesting to take her on the old highway!

The dealer didn't offer me the option of beige floor mats or I would have gone for them! Oh well.
on that stiff ghat, where you finally pass thro' those 2 small openings under the hill (2 openings - one for light & one for heavy vehicles), that ghat is stiff. which gear she made you to engage to climb effectively on that ghat?

Well, you got mats free, thats what counts. my dealer did not give it free. however, i've taken it & body cover, not yet paid him & negotiating with help of some contacts
Old 16th April 2009, 17:44   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
on that stiff ghat, where you finally pass thro' those 2 small openings under the hill (2 openings - one for light & one for heavy vehicles), that ghat is stiff. which gear she made you to engage to climb effectively on that ghat?

Well, you got mats free, thats what counts. my dealer did not give it free. however, i've taken it & body cover, not yet paid him & negotiating with help of some contacts
Second gear! Am pretty sure I could've done it in third as well if trucks in front of me didn't slow me down.

I paid Rs. 1,000 for the mats! Good luck with your negotiations .
Old 16th April 2009, 18:47   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Second gear! Am pretty sure I could've done it in third as well if trucks in front of me didn't slow me down.

I paid Rs. 1,000 for the mats! Good luck with your negotiations .
Oh, today i read somewhere here that someone got it free, till now I thought it was you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks