Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2009, 12:14   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Oh, today i read somewhere here that someone got it free, till now I thought it was you.

Yes Vahan its me. I dont know why but I got the mattings with the car.
Old 22nd April 2009, 11:02   #32
BHPian

The car has now run 1,500 or so kms. Mileage in the city is approximately 13 km/l.

Unfortunately it has developed a lot of rattling and squeaking sounds. The rattling is coming from the rear and side and the squeaking is coming from the front.

I had taken it to the workshop a week for some minor work and at time they said it would take a while to find out the cause and fix the rattling coming from the side. The rear rattling they said is normal. The front squeaking sound started coming after the visit. It sounds like it is coming from the seats but I can't be sure. I hope they can take care of it during my next visit.

Post EDITED ince it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags.
Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post.
Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd April 2009 at 11:15. Reason: Font tags
Old 23rd April 2009, 14:56   #33
BHPian

Just took her for another run on the expressway. This time I took the speed up 140 km/hr every now and then. For the most part I was driving at 100 km/hr.

She felt very stable at those speeds. I have no doubt I could have pushed her till 160 or even higher without any issues.

Mileage on the expressway (Pune - Bombay) on this trip was 20 km/l.
Old 24th April 2009, 11:52   #34
BHPian

Just got back from Bombay to Pune. Mileage on the expressway was 18 km/l. Drove at 110 km/hr for most of the journey.

The more I drive the car the better it gets. Could also be me just getting used to it :-).

Handling was great as usual. Pickup was no issue at all.

The only major problem I have is that I am unable to get a perfect position on the drivers seat. Maybe I need to spend 10 - 15 minutes tinkering with it before my next long drive.

I plan to take it to the workshop sometime next month and hopefully they can get rid of all the rattling sounds.
Old 24th April 2009, 12:42   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
The only major problem I have is that I am unable to get a perfect position on the drivers seat. Maybe I need to spend 10 - 15 minutes tinkering with it before my next long drive.
Join the party! Driving seat seems to be an issue. As I mentioned in rajagopal's thread, I feel my back is not sufficiently get into the backrest groove of the seat, may be the groove is not enough.
will have to figure this out as it would be tiring on a long trip
Old 24th April 2009, 16:45   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Join the party! Driving seat seems to be an issue. As I mentioned in rajagopal's thread, I feel my back is not sufficiently get into the backrest groove of the seat, may be the groove is not enough.
will have to figure this out as it would be tiring on a long trip
Let me know if you are able to figure it out. I'm scared if I play with the levers too much they may break!! I'm quite surprised that Fiat has gone in for such filmsy material!
Old 24th April 2009, 18:34   #37
BHPian

Hi CarPG

Congratulations on your new Linea. Nice to read about your experience. I love Fiat as a brand. But sad to hear about the rattling so early. Better fix it. Great FE. Keep us posted
Old 25th April 2009, 11:10   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb View Post
Hi CarPG

Congratulations on your new Linea. Nice to read about your experience. I love Fiat as a brand. But sad to hear about the rattling so early. Better fix it. Great FE. Keep us posted
Thanks. Will keep posting regular updates . The rattling/squeaking sounds are extremely bothersome and I will get them taken care of at the first service.
Old 26th April 2009, 01:06   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Let me know if you are able to figure it out. I'm scared if I play with the levers too much they may break!! I'm quite surprised that Fiat has gone in for such filmsy material!
Try this. Take the seat to the maximum height. then take it to further backside. keep steering to lower level. found somewhat comfortable,

seems this will take some trials of various combinations to get adjusted to
Old 26th April 2009, 09:12   #40
Senior - BHPian

I had these driver seat issues during test drive but fortuntely it seem to have dissapeared after i bought this vehicle. And also the seat have become soft after usage. Though the leaver is flimsy i am able to adjust the height on fly during driving.
Old 26th April 2009, 11:51   #41
BHPian

Quote:
The car has now run 1,500 or so kms. Mileage in the city is approximately 13 km/l.

Unfortunately it has developed a lot of rattling and squeaking sounds. The rattling is coming from the rear and side and the squeaking is coming from the front.

I had taken it to the workshop a week for some minor work and at time they said it would take a while to find out the cause and fix the rattling coming from the side. The rear rattling they said is normal. The front squeaking sound started coming after the visit. It sounds like it is coming from the seats but I can't be sure. I hope they can take care of it during my next visit.
any idea why they said the rear rattling is normal and what causes it?

my car is now about 4 weeks old and the front discs seem to be rusting up. we have had some rains here and also at times the gardener while watering the nearby plants tends to overshoot the plants and hits the wheels...but is it normal for the discs to start rusting so early? any gurus here who can help me out?

Last edited by pranava999 : 26th April 2009 at 11:52.
Old 26th April 2009, 11:57   #42
BHPian

oh also another that's discomforting is that they have not paneled the area above the food petals..one can actually feel the mechanicals working. Is that the case with the other lineas as well or have they forgotten a panel in only mine? please let me know fellow linea owners
Old 26th April 2009, 13:36   #43
BHPian

rust on discs

Pranava,
I think the rust on the edges of the discs is normal. I have it on mine and saw it on a couple of delivery cars as well.
Old 26th April 2009, 13:45   #44
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
and the front discs seem to be rusting up.
Normal. They are made of cast iron and forms a layer of rust instantly. This also prevents any deterioration of it further as per posts elsewhere in this forum.
Old 27th April 2009, 06:57   #45
Senior - BHPian

I have seen my front discs in orange colour. I guess it is normal. But i havent had any kind of rattling. Only thing that worries is that i had brown screw lying once in the boot and once in the driver seat floor mat during pdi and during delivery. Both the times the dealer didnt know where it came from. I have safely stored it and will ask about it during service

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks