Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2009, 16:57   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Try this. Take the seat to the maximum height. then take it to further backside. keep steering to lower level. found somewhat comfortable,

seems this will take some trials of various combinations to get adjusted to
Thanks will try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
any idea why they said the rear rattling is normal and what causes it?

my car is now about 4 weeks old and the front discs seem to be rusting up. we have had some rains here and also at times the gardener while watering the nearby plants tends to overshoot the plants and hits the wheels...but is it normal for the discs to start rusting so early? any gurus here who can help me out?
No clue on what's causing it :(. Hopefully they will be able to rectify it and other sounds during the first service. As others have pointed out the rusting is normal.
Old 28th April 2009, 22:49   #47
BHPian

Congrats on your new ride. No pics as yet. A new car ownership review seems sort of incomplete without the pics. And also, there are no pics of a black linea on tbhp if i am right. I personally havent seen one on the roads or in a showroom either. Please put up some pics at the earliest if possible.
Old 29th April 2009, 11:08   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Congrats on your new ride. No pics as yet. A new car ownership review seems sort of incomplete without the pics. And also, there are no pics of a black linea on tbhp if i am right. I personally havent seen one on the roads or in a showroom either. Please put up some pics at the earliest if possible.
Black Linea pics are posted on t-bhp long back. check nehamit's Linea thread
Old 6th May 2009, 11:19   #49
BHPian

Just took another trip on the Expressway. This time I managed to push her till 165 km/hr. Did that just for 10 seconds or so. I still feel she can go a few more km/hr easily.

With that I also crossed 3,000 kms. Send her for the first service along with a long list of minor issues yesterday. Unfortunately I couldn't go due to meetings and I didn't want to delay the service further since the ODO was already showing 3,300 kms.

The car was gone the whole day. Unfortunately the rattling and squeaking haven't gone down at all :(. Looks like all they did is the first service and replace the beeding on the rear window that was loose. While replacing the beeding they have also soiled the headliner and trim :(.

Called the GM of the workshop today and he was extremely receptive and apologetic. Hopefully he will get the issues taken care of soon. Will post an update when I have one.
Old 6th May 2009, 11:59   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
As per the MID I received 23+ km/l on the expressway! I kept the car under 2,500 RPM for most of the way.
Quote:
Just checked the mileage. It was approximately 15 km/l. About 65% is city driving and 35% is highway.
Quote:
Just took her for another run on the expressway. This time I took the speed up 140 km/hr every now and then. For the most part I was driving at 100 km/hr.

Mileage on the expressway (Pune - Bombay) on this trip was 20 km/l.
Quote:
Just got back from Bombay to Pune. Mileage on the expressway was 18 km/l. Drove at 110 km/hr for most of the journey.
Quote:
Just took another trip on the Expressway. This time I managed to push her till 165 km/hr. Did that just for 10 seconds or so. I still feel she can go a few more km/hr easily.
Very good mileage, but quite normal for Linea diesel. On pure highways of decent traffic, I could easily get 25+ Kmpl. I usually measure city to city and I get above 20 most of the time. When I'm agressive, I get 18+ and really aggressive (a lot of throttle and brake), I get 16+.

In my last trip I was also running at 165 - 170 for almost 50Kms. I was trying to push if I could follow a Laura!! Laura driver was a very nice guy giving me way to overtake, but not kind enough to remove his feet from throttle. He gradually sped away from me at speed above 170 Kmph and my mileage crashed down.

Quote:
Pretty good. Turns were no problem but the pickup was a little bit slower up the ghats than I'm used to. For reference I've driven the Swift and Optra before (both petrol).

Would have been interesting to take her on the old highway!

The dealer didn't offer me the option of beige floor mats or I would have gone for them! Oh well.
For me, steep roads had not been an issue. I have not taken in really steep ghat roads though. But I could feel the pull in some of the steep climbs here and there.
Old 6th May 2009, 14:29   #51
Senior - BHPian

seat issue

My car is 2 weeks old and i have not had this seat issue. Infact i found the seats to be very hard when i test drove. But now i find the seats in my own car very comfortable. So i have withold the idea of putting stanley seats as of now. Anyway i will check it out.

cheers
geeash
Old 7th May 2009, 11:07   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
Very good mileage, but quite normal for Linea diesel. On pure highways of decent traffic, I could easily get 25+ Kmpl. I usually measure city to city and I get above 20 most of the time. When I'm agressive, I get 18+ and really aggressive (a lot of throttle and brake), I get 16+.

In my last trip I was also running at 165 - 170 for almost 50Kms. I was trying to push if I could follow a Laura!! Laura driver was a very nice guy giving me way to overtake, but not kind enough to remove his feet from throttle. He gradually sped away from me at speed above 170 Kmph and my mileage crashed down.

For me, steep roads had not been an issue. I have not taken in really steep ghat roads though. But I could feel the pull in some of the steep climbs here and there.
Good to know . Most of the times I won't go over 120 on the Expressway. But wanted to see how fast I could take her! I think the 170 you have done is the fastest I've read about on the forum! I too noticed the mileage crashing when doing over 110 or so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
My car is 2 weeks old and i have not had this seat issue. Infact i found the seats to be very hard when i test drove. But now i find the seats in my own car very comfortable. So i have withold the idea of putting stanley seats as of now. Anyway i will check it out.

cheers
geeash
Luck you ! Do you have the Emotion model as well? I've read elsewhere on the forum that people found the seat of the lower trims more comfortable!
Old 10th May 2009, 17:14   #53
BHPian

Tata A.S.S sucks!

Quote:

With that I also crossed 3,000 kms. Send her for the first service along with a long list of minor issues yesterday. Unfortunately I couldn't go due to meetings and I didn't want to delay the service further since the ODO was already showing 3,300 kms.

The car was gone the whole day. Unfortunately the rattling and squeaking haven't gone down at all :(. Looks like all they did is the first service and replace the beeding on the rear window that was loose. While replacing the beeding they have also soiled the headliner and trim :(.

Called the GM of the workshop today and he was extremely receptive and apologetic. Hopefully he will get the issues taken care of soon. Will post an update when I have one.
Well it went back to the workshop yestereday. I spoke to the GM in the morning he assured me my car would be ready at 1:00. Spoke to him again at 1:00 and he said it would be ready in 1 - 2 hours. I tried calling him, msging and e-mailing him several times (at least 10) after that but he ignored me .

I spoke to the service advisors a couple of times and they didn't seem like they cared. They finally acknowledged that squeeaking sound but said the part wasn't available and they would call me when it was available. As far as all the rattling sound is concerned they claim they can't hear it even though it is fairly evident.

Not sure what else to do now. Gues Fiat/Tata can never improve the A.S.S aspect. I will e-mail Fiat but doubt anything will happen . The car is great but Tata/Fiat will kill it like they did the UNO and Palio. This will probably be my last Tata/Fiat car. All the rattling/squeaking is driving me nuts!

Last edited by CarsPG : 10th May 2009 at 17:24.
Old 10th May 2009, 20:26   #54
BHPian

Yes do write to FIAT and since you are in Pune, why don't you just visit a TATA-FIAT official and talk to them about the dismal experience? Hopefully something positive should come out of this. Do look at taking the car to another service center.
Old 10th May 2009, 21:15   #55
BANNED

Quote:
Gues Fiat/Tata can never improve the A.S.S aspect. I will e-mail Fiat but doubt anything will happen . The car is great but Tata/Fiat will kill it like they did the UNO and Palio. This will probably be my last Tata/Fiat car. All the rattling/squeaking is driving me nuts!
This what i was afraid off . Two more models ( Linea and Punto) going to be get rusted in the assembly line if this continues .

Dont worry Linea and Punto, 2 little brothers are waiting for you at the play area ( Uno and Palio)
to say this
Old 11th May 2009, 12:23   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Well it went back to the workshop yestereday. I spoke to the GM in the morning he assured me my car would be ready at 1:00. Spoke to him again at 1:00 and he said it would be ready in 1 - 2 hours. I tried calling him, msging and e-mailing him several times (at least 10) after that but he ignored me .

I spoke to the service advisors a couple of times and they didn't seem like they cared. They finally acknowledged that squeeaking sound but said the part wasn't available and they would call me when it was available. As far as all the rattling sound is concerned they claim they can't hear it even though it is fairly evident.

Not sure what else to do now. Gues Fiat/Tata can never improve the A.S.S aspect. I will e-mail Fiat but doubt anything will happen . The car is great but Tata/Fiat will kill it like they did the UNO and Palio. This will probably be my last Tata/Fiat car. All the rattling/squeaking is driving me nuts!
What Fiat / Tata should be ideally doing is agressivly sacking a couple of these bad dealers or suspending them for a few months and let that news spread around their network, then only they will realise the value of good A**. That should send shivers through the dealer's spines. It is really strange that with a company like Fiat that has been in business since several decades, and considering India is one of the world's biggest markets, their committment levels are still not as agressive as required, take the example of Hyundai in India, they built the A** along with their car sales, not waited for a million cars to get sold and then think of building a better A** network.

I would compare the Fiat / Tata A** to the KKR team, although they are good players, its just that they themselves believe they cannot win / provide fantastic service, nothing can help this, except stern steps.

A Fiat Italia A** customer redressal cell specifically for India would be a great option !
Old 11th May 2009, 13:19   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure what else to do now. Gues Fiat/Tata can never improve the A.S.S aspect. I will e-mail Fiat but doubt anything will happen . The car is great but Tata/Fiat will kill it like they did the UNO and Palio. <b>This will probably be my last Tata/Fiat car. All the rattling/squeaking is driving me nuts! </B>
That would be a BIG bothering to many would-be FIAT customers, who might be expecting an attitude change from them when these nice-to-have cars are being launched with high expectations from car makers and within consumers.

FIAT India: Are you listening???
Old 11th May 2009, 14:21   #58
BHPian

@CarsPG: I'm usually one who don't care about Air condition in waiting room or being very courteous, but I care for a good service. It is sad that they took so much time to change a simple thing like a side turn indicator and kept you waiting even during their lunch time, that too without informing you. They have to really improve on their level of dedication to work at least, if not being courteous enough. [Edit:] Sorry I got confused with the thread of RedOne on the turn indicator experience. More or less the same complaints of Tata A.S.S. however.

However, my experience on six visits to Concorde Bangalore (near Christ College) after the delivery so far:
1) odometer reset - they attended immediately, but came to know only later that it could reset once before 250Km.
2) Bonnet opening level was loose. I had to go to a service-only station of Concorde. Within a minute I was attended to and job was done within 10 or 15 minutes.
3) Early engine oil change. I pushed for an early oil change. They SMSed me when the engine oil became available (not available initially). They attened immediately. They offered me if I would like to see the work being carried out. They however apologized on seeing that the oil filter they had was not for Linea and they were mistaken. They said they would need an hour. I told them that I would come in the evening. They went to the service-only Concorde and got the filter.
4) 3000Km service. They still remembered that I had done the oil change at 2000Km.
5) One bolt that hold a plastic sheet under the body that covers some wires came down hanging. They immediately attended and within 15 minutes, it was out. They said that they fixed with an extra washer and a new bolt.
6) Once I thought the power window switches in the rear doors were not glowing. I went to them. They immediately attended and it was my mistake. Child lock was on and thus light was not glowing.

At all times, they had been very couteous, which is a plus for me. All these made me feel that Tata dealer/service has either improved or shown a different attitude than the time I used to own an Indica. I think they are in fact improving, but will still have to work a lot on these areas of A.S.S. (based on some feedbacks on team-bhp)

Last edited by opendro : 11th May 2009 at 14:25.
Old 11th May 2009, 14:25   #59
BHPian

Quote:
This scares me as well. I am in love with Linea's looks, saving money so that I can afford it by August/September this year. But it would require me to really stretch my finances in this difficult economy. When I hear such stories, I wonder if it would make more sense to just stay away from Fiat. It's not about cost of repair/replacement - it's more about annoyance such small problems cause and peace of mind these apathetic dealers take away.
Old 11th May 2009, 14:52   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Believe me, just email to service@fiapl.com, Mangesh Kodalkar [Mangesh.Kodalkar@fiapl.com]. The service will be prompt and Mangesh will make sure he take **** out of dealer to get the things sorted out.

I'll narrate one incident happened to me.
Once the master clutch cylinder was leaking and is replaced with extended warrenty. The car is in question is FIAT Palio 1.6 Sport, 35 months old.
What I noticed in the billing was that DOT3 oil was printed and later I confirmed with a independent mechanic that oil put was indeed DOT3 and not DOT4 which was recommended. Just mailed across this problem to Mangesh, and within 2 days, the service centre apologized, called me personally and they are ready to re-imburse the money which I spent for changing DOT3 to DOT4 oil at outside ASC.

One more incident is that, once I've given my car to service at Concorde Motors, Bangalore. About to pick the car after service, noticed some stain on bonnet and flatly refused to take delivery of the vehicle. Then I told them to repaint whole bonnet and the bumper too, which they said, they will do 3M stuff and if necessary they will paint. After mailing to Mangesh, things are started to change and the bonnet and bumper was painted.

All these incidents happened just within 2 monts.

So, mail to Mangesh and see a positive response..

It really works and I think FIAT is damn serious about ***

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks