Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2009, 16:08   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
Yes do write to FIAT and since you are in Pune, why don't you just visit a TATA-FIAT official and talk to them about the dismal experience? Hopefully something positive should come out of this. Do look at taking the car to another service center.
I have already written to them. Let's see what happens. Taking it to another workshop is probably a good idea, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
This what i was afraid off . Two more models ( Linea and Punto) going to be get rusted in the assembly line if this continues .

Dont worry Linea and Punto, 2 little brothers are waiting for you at the play area ( Uno and Palio)
to say this
I really hope that this doesn't happen :(. I've been a big Fiat fan since the UNO days and was confident that things have changed but alas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -xplora- View Post
What Fiat / Tata should be ideally doing is agressivly sacking a couple of these bad dealers or suspending them for a few months and let that news spread around their network, then only they will realise the value of good A**. That should send shivers through the dealer's spines. It is really strange that with a company like Fiat that has been in business since several decades, and considering India is one of the world's biggest markets, their committment levels are still not as agressive as required, take the example of Hyundai in India, they built the A** along with their car sales, not waited for a million cars to get sold and then think of building a better A** network.

I would compare the Fiat / Tata A** to the KKR team, although they are good players, its just that they themselves believe they cannot win / provide fantastic service, nothing can help this, except stern steps.

A Fiat Italia A** customer redressal cell specifically for India would be a great option !
Very well said! It's amazing that Hyundai in India is held in the same high esteem as Maruti. From what I understand no other company in India comes close. If Fiat improves their service they can charge much higher for the Linea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
That would be a BIG bothering to many would-be FIAT customers, who might be expecting an attitude change from them when these nice-to-have cars are being launched with high expectations from car makers and within consumers.

FIAT India: Are you listening???
I really hope they are listening. If they were smart they would have some follow this forum. It's a great customer feedback tool if used correctly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
@CarsPG: I'm usually one who don't care about Air condition in waiting room or being very courteous, but I care for a good service. It is sad that they took so much time to change a simple thing like a side turn indicator and kept you waiting even during their lunch time, that too without informing you. They have to really improve on their level of dedication to work at least, if not being courteous enough. [Edit:] Sorry I got confused with the thread of RedOne on the turn indicator experience. More or less the same complaints of Tata A.S.S. however.

However, my experience on six visits to Concorde Bangalore (near Christ College) after the delivery so far:
1) odometer reset - they attended immediately, but came to know only later that it could reset once before 250Km.
2) Bonnet opening level was loose. I had to go to a service-only station of Concorde. Within a minute I was attended to and job was done within 10 or 15 minutes.
3) Early engine oil change. I pushed for an early oil change. They SMSed me when the engine oil became available (not available initially). They attened immediately. They offered me if I would like to see the work being carried out. They however apologized on seeing that the oil filter they had was not for Linea and they were mistaken. They said they would need an hour. I told them that I would come in the evening. They went to the service-only Concorde and got the filter.
4) 3000Km service. They still remembered that I had done the oil change at 2000Km.
5) One bolt that hold a plastic sheet under the body that covers some wires came down hanging. They immediately attended and within 15 minutes, it was out. They said that they fixed with an extra washer and a new bolt.
6) Once I thought the power window switches in the rear doors were not glowing. I went to them. They immediately attended and it was my mistake. Child lock was on and thus light was not glowing.

At all times, they had been very couteous, which is a plus for me. All these made me feel that Tata dealer/service has either improved or shown a different attitude than the time I used to own an Indica. I think they are in fact improving, but will still have to work a lot on these areas of A.S.S. (based on some feedbacks on team-bhp)
Am glad to hear you had good experiences so far. I guess a lot is dependant on the dealer. I think most of the other members on our forum have had good experiences with the workshop so far. Let's hope RedOne and my cases are the exceptions rather than the norms !

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
This scares me as well. I am in love with Linea's looks, saving money so that I can afford it by August/September this year. But it would require me to really stretch my finances in this difficult economy. When I hear such stories, I wonder if it would make more sense to just stay away from Fiat. It's not about cost of repair/replacement - it's more about annoyance such small problems cause and peace of mind these apathetic dealers take away.
I still think the Linea is a fabulous buy and most members on our forum have had good experiences. Hopefully Fiat will pull it's socks up. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss the car or check it out in person since you are located in Pune as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahadev_kc View Post
Believe me, just email to service@fiapl.com, Mangesh Kodalkar [Mangesh.Kodalkar@fiapl.com]. The service will be prompt and Mangesh will make sure he take **** out of dealer to get the things sorted out.

I'll narrate one incident happened to me.
Once the master clutch cylinder was leaking and is replaced with extended warrenty. The car is in question is FIAT Palio 1.6 Sport, 35 months old.
What I noticed in the billing was that DOT3 oil was printed and later I confirmed with a independent mechanic that oil put was indeed DOT3 and not DOT4 which was recommended. Just mailed across this problem to Mangesh, and within 2 days, the service centre apologized, called me personally and they are ready to re-imburse the money which I spent for changing DOT3 to DOT4 oil at outside ASC.

One more incident is that, once I've given my car to service at Concorde Motors, Bangalore. About to pick the car after service, noticed some stain on bonnet and flatly refused to take delivery of the vehicle. Then I told them to repaint whole bonnet and the bumper too, which they said, they will do 3M stuff and if necessary they will paint. After mailing to Mangesh, things are started to change and the bonnet and bumper was painted.

All these incidents happened just within 2 monts.

So, mail to Mangesh and see a positive response..

It really works and I think FIAT is damn serious about ***
Wow, good to hear that. I have already e-mailed Mr. Kodalkar. Will keep this forum posted on what I hear.

Thank you everybody for your help . It is much appreciated!

Last edited by CarsPG : 11th May 2009 at 16:17.
Old 11th May 2009, 18:07   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Believe me, just email to service@fiapl.com, Mangesh Kodalkar [Mangesh.Kodalkar@fiapl.com]. The service will be prompt and Mangesh will make sure he take **** out of dealer to get the things sorted out.
While Mahesh's prompt help to Fiat customers is appreciated, why does the need arise to keep emailing him and keeping him in the loop all the time? Isnt emailing him, waiting for his reponse, co-ordinating with him and th dealership a hassle too? Customers don't want to spend time mailing higher ups for small, minor jobs.
Old 12th May 2009, 09:35   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
While Mahesh's prompt help to Fiat customers is appreciated, why does the need arise to keep emailing him and keeping him in the loop all the time? Isnt emailing him, waiting for his reponse, co-ordinating with him and th dealership a hassle too? Customers don't want to spend time mailing higher ups for small, minor jobs.
I agree with you! Hopefully in time Fiat A.S.S will improve. I don't expect it to get to Maruti standards but even just small improvements will go a long way. I think with all of the negative talk about Skoda's A.S.S has pushed the talk about Fiat's A.S.S in the background !
Old 12th May 2009, 11:08   #64
BHPian

Quote:
CarsPG : I still think the Linea is a fabulous buy and most members on our forum have had good experiences. Hopefully Fiat will pull it's socks up. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss the car or check it out in person since you are located in Pune as well.
Sure, I would love to. Just held up in few things for now, but will send you PM once I am done with that stuff.
Old 14th May 2009, 10:28   #65
BHPian

No word from Fiat yet :(.
Old 14th May 2009, 11:56   #66
BHPian

Probably everyone at FIAT is busy with Punto's launch and release. I'm sure they would reply you once its read. I've experienced a quick reply and action in one of the complaint in Service of my Palio!

BU Bhandari is organising a meet where officials from TATA-FIAT who are responsible for Spares and service are coming down to discuss with FIAT owners this Saturday 16th. As you are in Pune, I suppose you should not waste such a chance to get face to face with them.

For more details, check this link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...dari-pune.html

You can inform other FIAT users too to join in.
Old 14th May 2009, 17:12   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Probably everyone at FIAT is busy with Punto's launch and release. I'm sure they would reply you once its read. I've experienced a quick reply and action in one of the complaint in Service of my Palio!

BU Bhandari is organising a meet where officials from TATA-FIAT who are responsible for Spares and service are coming down to discuss with FIAT owners this Saturday 16th. As you are in Pune, I suppose you should not waste such a chance to get face to face with them.

For more details, check this link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...dari-pune.html

You can inform other FIAT users too to join in.
Thanks! I see the meet is being organized by the same Mr. Gopal (Bu Bhandari Wakad GM) who has been ignoring my phone calls/smses/e-mails ! I wonder if showing up with my car and the issues I'm having will get my issues fixed. I was planning to be out of town this weekend but might just have to cancel the plan now.

Thanks for the headsup!
Old 14th May 2009, 17:25   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
Thanks! I see the meet is being organized by the same Mr. Gopal (Bu Bhandari Wakad GM) who has been ignoring my phone calls/smses/e-mails ! I wonder if showing up with my car and the issues I'm having will get my issues fixed. I was planning to be out of town this weekend but might just have to cancel the plan now.

Thanks for the headsup!
Welcome buddy!

I hope this works positively for you if at all you visit.

People from Mumbai too are planning to come I wish such move is initiated by most dealers.

Cheers~
Old 15th May 2009, 11:01   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Welcome buddy!

People from Mumbai too are planning to come I wish such move is initiated by most dealers.

Cheers~
99 % I will be able to visit. I've some e-mails with Ganesh as well. Look forward to meeting you tomorrow! I'll post on the other thread to with an option for lunch!
Old 15th May 2009, 16:21   #70
Senior - BHPian

Is the meeting only for Mumbai people or is it happening in chennai too?
Old 15th May 2009, 17:26   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Is the meeting only for Mumbai people or is it happening in chennai too?
This one has been arranged by BU Bhandari, Pune in co-ordination with a Fiat owner. If you think there would be enough interest ask the dealer in Chennai to hold one too!
Old 15th May 2009, 17:32   #72
BANNED

your thread here is the most dissapointing. you have a black car with no pics, post pics asap of the exterior and the interior man.
Old 15th May 2009, 22:38   #73
BHPian

where are the pics man!! i think black linea is more sexy! especially with 17inch multispoke alloys on low profile tyres! (thats how i would roll)
Old 15th May 2009, 23:15   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
your thread here is the most dissapointing. you have a black car with no pics, post pics asap of the exterior and the interior man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
where are the pics man!! i think black linea is more sexy! especially with 17inch multispoke alloys on low profile tyres! (thats how i would roll)
Sorry guys. I've been lazy! Will post them in the next couple of days for sure.
Old 16th May 2009, 23:21   #75
BHPian

I met Mangesh and a bunch of Tata people at the meet. I also met the owner of BU Bhandari. All of them assured me that they will make sure my car if fixed ASAP. Will keep you all updated! Seems like Tata/Fiat do want to change. A lot of the feedback they received was negative but they took it in the right spirit .

Quote:
Welcome buddy!

Cheers~

Thanks a lot for bringing this to my attention. It was great meeting the PUG gang ! I will join the group as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks