Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2009, 20:14   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Yes, I second that, Manish

We initial owners of Linea are looking everything with microscope, even the minutest thingy.
Agreed. If everyone checked and informed about all the smallest thingy they notice or feel, any car would have just a list of little nags.. although hearing that Linea has saved money on proper adhesive is rather astonishing, its not at all funny when plastic bits fall out just because the adhesive quality / heat resistance is not that good.
Old 12th June 2009, 16:25   #92
BHPian

The workshop has had my car for 5 days now (since Monday). Initially I was told it will take 2 - 3 days for the work to get completed. Then I was promised I will receive the car yesterday. Yesterday I was promised I will receive my car today by "lunch" but still no signs of it. Haven't heard back from the workshop either. I guess they are having a very late lunch today, lol!

This is getting more and more frustrating by the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by -xplora- View Post
Agreed. If everyone checked and informed about all the smallest thingy they notice or feel, any car would have just a list of little nags.. although hearing that Linea has saved money on proper adhesive is rather astonishing, its not at all funny when plastic bits fall out just because the adhesive quality / heat resistance is not that good.
I wish I had my car only had a a few minor lags! I think all the Linea owners whose only issue is a piece of plastic missing or some chrome falling out are lucky compared to me!!!
Old 12th June 2009, 16:36   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
The workshop has had my car for 5 days now (since Monday). !
5 days for what ??! is there a list of things you have reported or are they going to do R&D on your car ?

I dont get it as to how this beautiful piece of machine is giving so much problems in your case.

After my first service i am falling all over in love again with my chic .

I wish the same for you
Old 12th June 2009, 17:03   #94
BANNED

Quote:
The workshop has had my car for 5 days now (since Monday). Initially I was told it will take 2 - 3 days for the work to get completed. Then I was promised I will receive the car yesterday. Yesterday I was promised I will receive my car today by "lunch" but still no signs of it. Haven't heard back from the workshop either. I guess they are having a very late lunch today, lol!

This is getting more and more frustrating by the day

I wish I had my car only had a a few minor lags! I think all the Linea owners whose only issue is a piece of plastic missing or some chrome falling out are lucky compared to me!!!
CarPG,

I must say you have been very very patient. Being in Pune itself, just go to their office (if plant is too far), in fact still I would say visit their plant, meet their quality/ service team & take up the issue again. I know you've met some of them during meet at b u bhandari. If such issues are not getting solved then what is the use of such meets?

Its a brand new car. Why should it develop issues that takes more than 5 days (multiply that by 5 no. of times the car is sent) ?

I atleast got their prompt response albeit only that my issues will be attended to but am happy that they care.
Old 12th June 2009, 17:07   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The workshop has had my car for 5 days now.
I think all the Linea owners whose only issue is a piece of plastic missing or some chrome falling out are lucky compared to me!!!
I sympathise with you and sad that one of our Linea buddy has to go through all this stuff with car visiting workshop again and again. I know how it feels as its only you facing so much troubles instead of we who are enjoying our Lineas. Cheer up. Keep visiting workshop to check status of the car and keep updating us.

Am sure Fiat-Tata engineers are working on the car with full determination and will restore it and keep it rattle free. Also am surprised why its only your car which is giving so much trouble?
Why dont you try gettin upto top people of tata fiat and let them realise as only your car is facing such problems when others are doing fine, ask them for some help or something. I really hope you arent stuck with a lemon.

It must be terrible roaming in a Indica when you have bought a Linea, bad time will pass just have patience and keep troubling those workshop people. Call mangesh again and tell him to do something fast as FIAT is not doing a pity by removing those rattles which shouldnt have come in the 1st place. Try visiting Ranjangaon if possible (i hope its not too far away) and tell them to do something as they are better equipped.
Time to get "stricter", 5 days is a lot of time.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 12th June 2009 at 17:11.
Old 12th June 2009, 17:09   #96
BHPian

Quote:
CarPG,

I must say you have been very very patient. Being in Pune itself, just go to their office (if plant is too far), in fact still I would say visit their plant, meet their quality/ service team & take up the issue again. I know you've met some of them during meet at b u bhandari. If such issues are not getting solved then what is the use of such meets?

Its a brand new car. Why should it develop issues that takes more than 5 days (multiply that by 5 no. of times the car is sent) ?

I at least got their prompt response albeit only that my issues will be attended to but am happy that they care.
I agree completely. Just read through your thread completely again. First they delayed your delivery after payment and ever since they have been very careless & casual about your issues, I think they need a big spank on the backside. Do follow up with Fiat and give them a nice piece of your mind. With GP launch coming up in next 4-5 days time, I doubt if they'd have people to give any attention to your car and you don't want incompetent mechanics fiddling with your car. Get it back immediately if they can't fix it.

Please do escalate matters to Fiat and let us know how it goes. Have you already sent mail to Rajeev Kapoor, CEO of FIAT? I think this particular dealer (B U Bhandari) is a big problem anyway! But then, I haven't heard many good things about the other one (Pandit Automobiles) either!

Being a potential buyer of Linea or GP and that too being in Pune doesn't give me much confidence now after reading your post.

Last edited by manish7 : 12th June 2009 at 17:12.
Old 12th June 2009, 18:36   #97
BANNED

Quote:
I atleast got their prompt response albeit only that my issues will be attended to but am happy that they care.
I take my above statement back. Just got to know that Service station where Fiat quality guy was to come as per the Call I recd from Fiat, there is no intimation to the service station that someone is coming. Usually they get intimation in advance
Old 12th June 2009, 18:49   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
5 days for what ??! is there a list of things you have reported or are they going to do R&D on your car ?
Both I guess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
I sympathise with you and sad that one of our Linea buddy has to go through all this stuff with car visiting workshop again and again. I know how it feels as its only you facing so much troubles instead of we who are enjoying our Lineas. Cheer up. Keep visiting workshop to check status of the car and keep updating us.

Am sure Fiat-Tata engineers are working on the car with full determination and will restore it and keep it rattle free. Also am surprised why its only your car which is giving so much trouble?
Why dont you try gettin upto top people of tata fiat and let them realise as only your car is facing such problems when others are doing fine, ask them for some help or something. I really hope you arent stuck with a lemon.

It must be terrible roaming in a Indica when you have bought a Linea, bad time will pass just have patience and keep troubling those workshop people. Call mangesh again and tell him to do something fast as FIAT is not doing a pity by removing those rattles which shouldnt have come in the 1st place. Try visiting Ranjangaon if possible (i hope its not too far away) and tell them to do something as they are better equipped.
Time to get "stricter", 5 days is a lot of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
I agree completely. Just read through your thread completely again. First they delayed your delivery after payment and ever since they have been very careless & casual about your issues, I think they need a big spank on the backside. Do follow up with Fiat and give them a nice piece of your mind. With GP launch coming up in next 4-5 days time, I doubt if they'd have people to give any attention to your car and you don't want incompetent mechanics fiddling with your car. Get it back immediately if they can't fix it.

Please do escalate matters to Fiat and let us know how it goes. Have you already sent mail to Rajeev Kapoor, CEO of FIAT? I think this particular dealer (B U Bhandari) is a big problem anyway! But then, I haven't heard many good things about the other one (Pandit Automobiles) either!

Being a potential buyer of Linea or GP and that too being in Pune doesn't give me much confidence now after reading your post.

If they would have given me a Linea as a loaner I wouldn't have felt as bad! But to have an Indica makes it even worse! Especially since it has no ICE! I've already met so many Tata and Fiat people I doubt going to the plant or office will do any good. Have also sent many e-mails to many people but to no avail. I guess that's the price you pay for buying a Fiat. When people warned me against buying a Fiat I just smiled and told them things are different this time. I guess many people must be laughing at my stupidity now. To think I almost bought a beautiful Corolla instead. If the Linea had been launched 1 - 2 weeks later the deal would have been done. Would have saved me a lot of agony on the sales/delivery side as well as A.S.S.

I honestly can't reccomend either the Linea or GP to you or any one else now. If you are lucky you will get a good car without any issues. If you are unlucky then god help you!

Quote:
CarPG,

Quote:
I take my above statement back. Just got to know that Service station where Fiat quality guy was to come as per the Call I recd from Fiat, there is no intimation to the service station that someone is coming. Usually they get intimation in advance
Sorry to hear about your issues too VP. Hope they get resolved soon and cause you less heart burn than my issues have caused me.
Old 12th June 2009, 19:07   #99
BANNED

Quote:
Both I guess!

If they would have given me a Linea as a loaner I wouldn't have felt as bad! But to have an Indica makes it even worse! Especially since it has no ICE! I've already met so many Tata and Fiat people I doubt going to the plant or office will do any good. Have also sent many e-mails to many people but to no avail. I guess that's the price you pay for buying a Fiat. When people warned me against buying a Fiat I just smiled and told them things are different this time. I guess many people must be laughing at my stupidity now. To think I almost bought a beautiful Corolla instead. If the Linea had been launched 1 - 2 weeks later the deal would have been done. Would have saved me a lot of agony on the sales/delivery side as well as A.S.S.

I honestly can't reccomend either the Linea or GP to you or any one else now. If you are lucky you will get a good car without any issues. If you are unlucky then god help you!

Sorry to hear about your issues too VP. Hope they get resolved soon and cause you less heart burn than my issues have caused me.
At this moment it does not look like they'll meet their commitments of meeting me on Sunday at service station.

Though am not going to take things lying down. that's for sure. They're launching GP & they better attend to all issues however minor or small the issues look like else the earlier ghosts will come back & haunt them forever.
Old 12th June 2009, 19:14   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If they would have given me a Linea as a loaner I wouldn't have felt as bad! But to have an Indica makes it even worse! Especially since it has no ICE! I've already met so many Tata and Fiat people I doubt going to the plant or office will do any good. I guess that's the price you pay for buying a Fiat. When people warned me against buying a Fiat I just smiled and told them things are different this time.

For the 1st time in your or for that matter any ownership review i can feel the bitterness towards this dreaded Tata-Fiat A.S.S. You must be feeling low right now having spent close to 9 lakhs on a car which has given you all the troubles of this world and made you travelling in an Indica.

We cant do much (am not sayin this to keep Fiats reputation high as i own one- just a thought)
but remember, yours is the only LINEA which has reported so many troubles and seems it is a lemon as workshop people are not able to repair it and rattles are coming back again and again.

1. Our own MOD GTO was given a brand new Mercedes after his car turned out to a lemon. Mercedes replaced the lemon with a brand new C class.

2. A member had his Ford Fiesta Diesel- lemon again replaced by Ford and given a brand new car.
Ask for help from Mods or GTO on how to go about this am sure he will be willing to help a poor soul who is repenting on his buy decision now.

Though in present day manufacturings, percentage of lemons produced are too low still there is a very small % and i think you were unlucky enough to fall in that bracket. Believe me, service centres are not able to remove rattles permanently, Swifts have those and when Maruti couldnt remove them i have less hopes on Tata

Do consider my suggestions and i hope we can work out something for you.
Seems patience finally ran out in you, in my case dad would have thrown me off the cliff with my Linea if this had happened with me (fingers crossed)
Did you call and check with service people why they didnt deliver the caR? Even am afraid now, can Fiat never change? Very bad for fiat to have started getting complaints so early in its car's life. Too bad

Last edited by coolboy007 : 12th June 2009 at 19:15.
Old 12th June 2009, 19:31   #101
BHPian

Pandit Auto

CarsPG, why don't you try Pandit Automobiles. They seem to be better at handling FIAT issues. Have a friend who has a Palio and is happy with Pandit Auto. Their workshop is at Tilak Road.
Old 12th June 2009, 21:37   #102
Senior - BHPian

Just dont be patient buddy. Just go shout and raise a hell there. And they will definitely take issues more seriously. Do u have mangesh kodalkar ph.number?. I will see if i have and send it to you accross so that you can talk to him directly.
Old 12th June 2009, 21:53   #103
Senior - BHPian

Geash and Carspg

I have already Pmed you contact details of Mangesh. Call tomorrow and tell him you are a team bhpian and he should do somethin as 9 lacs is not a small amount. Then tell us what happens, if still Fiat doesnt take any action i am proud to say they were "shameless" and will remain the same.
Old 12th June 2009, 23:12   #104
BHPian

Thanks a lot to every one to all the support. I have met Mangesh and have even exchanged e-mails with him. Have copied him on several e-mails in the last couple of weeks.

Just to give you another update. I smsed the Wakad GM at 5:15 pm and forwarded him his sms where he promised me delivery by "lunch". He immediately smsed back saying the car is ready and he is taking it for a long drive.

Since I didn't hear from him till 7:10 I called him. He said he is driving and will call me back. Since I didn't hear from him till 7:30 I called him again. He once again said he is driving. Before he could finish I hung up on him. He smsed me saying that he is taking a long trial in my car. So that means he was taking a trial of my car from 5:15 till 7:30!!!

I was going to sms/call him again at 8:30 but just got fed up and gave up! I also wanted to see if he would call/sms me on his own like he had promised but ofcourse he didn't.
Old 12th June 2009, 23:55   #105
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks a lot to every one to all the support. I have met Mangesh and have even exchanged e-mails with him. Have copied him on several e-mails in the last couple of weeks.

Just to give you another update. I smsed the Wakad GM at 5:15 pm and forwarded him his sms where he promised me delivery by "lunch". He immediately smsed back saying the car is ready and he is taking it for a long drive.

Since I didn't hear from him till 7:10 I called him. He said he is driving and will call me back. Since I didn't hear from him till 7:30 I called him again. He once again said he is driving. Before he could finish I hung up on him. He smsed me saying that he is taking a long trial in my car. So that means he was taking a trial of my car from 5:15 till 7:30!!!

I was going to sms/call him again at 8:30 but just got fed up and gave up! I also wanted to see if he would call/sms me on his own like he had promised but ofcourse he didn't.
That sums up the intent. Thats what I mentioned in my post in my thread just a few minutes back.

I marked escalation mails not only to Mangesh but to CEO desk & am still not sure if they'll maintain thier commitment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks