Black Fiat Linea MJD E+ NOW: 15K Report-img00048.jpg  

Black Fiat Linea MJD E+ NOW: 15K Report-img00049.jpg  

Black Fiat Linea MJD E+ NOW: 15K Report-img00052.jpg  

Black Fiat Linea MJD E+ NOW: 15K Report-img00054.jpg  

Black Fiat Linea MJD E+ NOW: 15K Report-img00055.jpg  

Old 22nd May 2009, 12:01   #77
Senior - BHPian

Nice Color and car looks gorgeous.
But the Snaps are very dull. phew post some good pictures.
seems you used your Phone Camera.
Need some good interior snaps showing Seat Covers Front and Rear.
Old 22nd May 2009, 16:39   #78
Senior - BHPian

Why the heck did the dealer put the b.u.bhandari sticker under the fiat logo on the rear?. You could have asked them not to put any sticker right?. It just spoils the whole look of the car. The first thing i asked my dealer to do is not stick any sticker in my car. My car is not their advertising hoarding.
Old 22nd May 2009, 17:00   #79
Senior - BHPian

Yep right.
I just told my dealer if they need to stick their stickers in my car then they have to give rent Rs.1000/month for the advt.
Simply they tore off the VST Motors stickers
Even they didn't stick it again on my First service.though it's a practice in every service centre.especially in VST Motors.
They stick VST Motors stickers in Every car comes for Servicing.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 22nd May 2009 at 17:01.
Old 1st June 2009, 11:01   #80
BHPian

Another update.

My car was at B.U. Bhandari for most of last week. They were able to take care of the squeaking sound and some of the rattling. Rattling sounds are still coming from at least a couple of places! I've spoken to them and will be taking my car to the workshop to show them where the sounds are coming from. They changed two elastic pads on my car. Per the dealer these were causing some of the rattling. They also replaced 1 strut pad.

Unfortunately I noticed several scratches on my car that weren't present previously . I've spoken to the GM and he has promised to get them rectified the next time my car is over there.

All in all I'm somewhat satisfied since they have taken care of a majority of the sounds. I'm not so satisfied with the amount of time it took them and the various scratches that happened while my car was with them. My car has been with them for more than 10% of the time since I have received it. I'm hopeful that they can take care of the rest of the sounds as well as the scratches when I take my car to them this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Nice Color and car looks gorgeous.
But the Snaps are very dull. phew post some good pictures.
seems you used your Phone Camera.
Need some good interior snaps showing Seat Covers Front and Rear.
Thanks . I will do that this weekend! Actually I left my camera at some one's house during an out of station visit. I will be getting it back this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Why the heck did the dealer put the b.u.bhandari sticker under the fiat logo on the rear?. You could have asked them not to put any sticker right?. It just spoils the whole look of the car. The first thing i asked my dealer to do is not stick any sticker in my car. My car is not their advertising hoarding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Yep right.
I just told my dealer if they need to stick their stickers in my car then they have to give rent Rs.1000/month for the advt.
Simply they tore off the VST Motors stickers
Even they didn't stick it again on my First service.though it's a practice in every service centre.especially in VST Motors.
They stick VST Motors stickers in Every car comes for Servicing.
I forgot to tell the dealer not to put stickers while buying! Honestly it doesn't bother me too much. I might have them removed when I take my car to them again this week.
Old 1st June 2009, 14:13   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I forgot to tell the dealer not to put stickers while buying! Honestly it doesn't bother me too much. I might have them removed when I take my car to them again this week
Just make sure that they dont cause scratches while removing...
Old 2nd June 2009, 11:36   #82
BHPian

As per the dealer in Pune the mud flaps for the Linea are available for Rs. 650. I confirmed with them that these are supplied by Fiat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Just make sure that they dont cause scratches while removing...
Will do!
Old 5th June 2009, 15:25   #83
BHPian

Well a lot of the rattling and squeaking sounds have come back. The dealer says they need help from Fiat as they can't figure out how to fix my car. They e-mailed Fiat and copied me on the e-mail. They were supposed to pick up the car this weekend but since I haven't heard from them I guess it will be delayed!

My car has now been to the workshop 5 times in 2 months!!! It's been at the workshop for over a week in total!!! Looks like I got stuck with a problem car . I really hope Fiat can fix all the issues. The monsoons will bring bad roads and that means the squeaks and rattles will increase further!

Last edited by CarsPG : 5th June 2009 at 15:29.
Old 5th June 2009, 15:33   #84
Senior - BHPian

Sad to know that those rattles have come back. Dealer cant fix your car, believe me and its a fact that such rattles again come back after some time. When Maruti is not able to remove rattles from swift i have less hopes from Tata who have very less info on this car.
Its strange that only a few cars are having these rattles, contact Opendro, he also owns a MJD is he also hearing rattling sounds?
Mine is running smooth till now but if any rattle comes, it will be very audible on a petrol as its so silent inside.

Hope you arent stuck with a lemon and fiat will fix those issues. I have done 2500 kms, how many have you completed?
Old 5th June 2009, 16:12   #85
BHPian

I hope that too! I've completed a little over 5,000 kms.
Old 5th June 2009, 17:42   #86
BHPian

Hey. Sorry to hear that your car rattles and squeaks such a lot. I guess you on your part take it up strongly with Tata/Fiat and don't leave it to the dealer. All the best
Old 8th June 2009, 11:23   #87
BHPian

Palio_2005,

Have done that already!

Today my car has gone to the service center for the 6th time. The workshop says that some one from FIAT has come to diagnose all the issues with my car.

Will have them fit the mudflaps at the same time. Also told them to remove the BU Bhandari sticker and fix all the small scratches that happened while the car was at their workshop the last time.

Will keep you all posted.

PS. I have my camera back now so as soon as my car is returned I will click some pictures and post them.
Old 8th June 2009, 12:10   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
Well a lot of the rattling and squeaking sounds have come back. The dealer says they need help from Fiat as they can't figure out how to fix my car. They e-mailed Fiat and copied me on the e-mail. They were supposed to pick up the car this weekend but since I haven't heard from them I guess it will be delayed!

My car has now been to the workshop 5 times in 2 months!!! It's been at the workshop for over a week in total!!! Looks like I got stuck with a problem car . I really hope Fiat can fix all the issues. The monsoons will bring bad roads and that means the squeaks and rattles will increase further!
That makes me very, very nervous as I am planning to put my money on GP, Linea seems to have many such minor nagging issues. :(
Old 8th June 2009, 12:44   #89
BHPian

Hi Manish,

I can understand your nervousness. I have a sneaky feeling that we initial Linea owners were guinea pigs for Fiat. I am sure the GP will come out just fine from the Linea feedback.
Best thing is to wait for a month after deliveries have started and then look at booking the GP. I'm sure by then you would get a few ownership experiences and initial niggles if any on the forum here.
Old 8th June 2009, 12:57   #90
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
Hi Manish,

I can understand your nervousness. I have a sneaky feeling that we initial Linea owners were guinea pigs for Fiat. I am sure the GP will come out just fine from the Linea feedback.
Best thing is to wait for a month after deliveries have started and then look at booking the GP. I'm sure by then you would get a few ownership experiences and initial niggles if any on the forum here.
Yes, I second that, Manish

We initial owners of Linea are looking everything with microscope, even the minutest thingy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks