Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2009, 14:02   #46
Senior - BHPian

Walk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
Strange as it may sound, but dealers here get offended and are reluctant to allow you to inspect new vehicle before delivery. It happened when I purchased my Honda Unicorn last year, he was simply like -- we will give you a call when the vehicle is registered. I refused and asked him to get my the bike before I buy, he had excuses like -- the storage is far away sir, the guy will drive fast in the run-in period when he gets it from there and blah..blah blah. I just declined paying a single penny unless I see the vehicle and then he obeyed the next day. Unfortunately, we couldn't do that when we bought my sister's Activa few years ago from the same dealer - and since it had long waiting period, they didn't allow us to do that. Worse still, many dealers here urge you to sign the delivery challan before they even show you the vehicle. A lot can go wrong after inspection to registration, given the careless attitude of the people employed by the dealers. My friend faced this problem, his new Estillo had minor dents when he took delivery and since it was registered, nothing could be doen about that. The dealer himself is a well-known politician! :(

We really need good consumer protection laws in action here, till then these unscrupolous delaers just have fun at our expense and get away with that!
When a seller tries something like that - I first try reasoning with him, if he persists - i tell him "You give me whatever you want, I will pay you whatever I want" this normally does the trick and he obliges. If he does not, I walk and never look back. The same principles apply whether I am buying fruit from a roadside vendor or a car/flat/land etc. There is always someone else selling a similar thing somewhere.

Cheers,
Old 15th April 2009, 22:55   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
In Bangalore the RTO writes whatever the agent fills in. In my case the car was certainly older than Dec 06, but the RC book said Jun 07.
========================
Why don't you call up Jnaneswar Sen, who seems to be Head of Marketing in India? Call up their Board Line and say you are a customer and get a 30 sec window with him.

All the best!

Cheers,
I will surely call up the contact you have provided. Will let all know the proceedings.
Old 16th April 2009, 09:05   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Vasudeva, this seems to be a very painful incident, and possibly a rarity for a Honda dealer.

I would suggest you maintain a factual record of the problems you have faced/are currently facing now, by emailing the same to Honda, as well as, as far as possible, maintaining a photographic record. .
I do not own a Honda and was only replying!!!

Another interesting note: 48 posts, and still the Honda fan is absent from this thread.

Last edited by vasudeva : 16th April 2009 at 09:08.
Old 16th April 2009, 09:23   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Oops... my apologies. Typo on my part. That was to Yashodeep the thread originator.
Old 16th April 2009, 09:48   #50
Senior - BHPian

I would say and like to believe that it is the dealer who is playing games here, with an unsuspecting buyer. But the moment they noticed that you have become smarter, they tried to offer you solutions. But yes, if it becomes a replacement issue, then i think it becomes a little too big for them to handle discreetly (they have to involve Honda Siel directly, running the risk of blacklisting or so..).
Old 16th April 2009, 16:24   #51
BHPian

Hi everyone,

Work has me tied down of late, hence the brief silence. I have decided that I don't want to fight for replacement. Also, I checked the tags on the seat belts and horn. Seat belt mfg date is Nov 08 and marking on the horn part is feb 09. I cou;dn't find any VIN num on the seat or anywhere else.

Just one more problem, the stationary air vent fixture at the left corner on the dash has popped out and doesn't remain shut. Will report this to the dealer on the first service. Also, the ORVM on the left replaced door seems to have a defect. The mirror image is stretch at the corners and the etching (oject may appear...) on the mirror is larger on the left side mirror compared to the right side. So I will demand the a replacement of the same.

I will be calling Jnaneswar Sen at Honda today. Will keep all posted.
Old 16th April 2009, 16:45   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashodeep View Post
I will be calling Jnaneswar Sen at Honda today. Will keep all posted.
The person referred above was my batch (not class) mate at IIM, Bangalore
Old 16th April 2009, 17:05   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
@ Yashodeep:

Can you find out the VIN of your car (should be either in the windshield or on the sides of the seat)? If the VIN indicates that the vehicle is more than 6 months old, then you can try writing to Honda saying this was an old vehicle?
the car in question is an ANHC. how can it be > 6 months old ?
Old 16th April 2009, 17:05   #54
BHPian

Quote:
The person referred above was my batch (not class) mate at IIM, Bangalore
That's good to know - the need of the hour is also to know someone whose batch mate is in Skoda to help out Harish!

@narayan: I had thought about it, see India launch date was Jan 27 2009; but they may have made vehicles in Oct or so (given that it was launched in Thailand in Sept so specs were all ready). One way to find that out is the VIN.

Cheers,

Last edited by diffsoft : 16th April 2009 at 17:08.
Old 16th April 2009, 17:08   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Another interesting note: 48 posts, and still the Honda fan is absent from this thread.
why hijack the thread by inviting the fan boys ? i can already see some other " fans" here
Old 16th April 2009, 17:41   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
When a seller tries something like that - I first try reasoning with him, if he persists - i tell him "You give me whatever you want, I will pay you whatever I want" this normally does the trick and he obliges. If he does not, I walk and never look back. The same principles apply whether I am buying fruit from a roadside vendor or a car/flat/land etc. There is always someone else selling a similar thing somewhere.

Cheers,
I totally agree with what you said here. That should be the attitude
Old 16th April 2009, 17:41   #57
BHPian

I called Honda and asked for Mr. Sen, was kept on hold for 5 minutes approx. Operator comes back saying both Mr. Sen and the secretary are not at their desk (wonder why she had to give me that detail). So I asked for Mr. Ravi Sharma - Corp Comm or Anita Sharma - Corp Comm Head. Again, after waiting for 1 min, was told that even they are not at their desks. So then I asked for Rachita Sharma - Customer Complaints Dept.

Had a long discussion with her about my case. She told me that Honda is certainly eager to provide all support to its customers. I told her I wanted a written declaration from Honda stating that my vehicle is a 100% quality checked defect free vehicle and also want the actual manufacturing date of the vehicle. She agreed to provide the same and also told me that she will have the dealer to check my vehicle in presence of a Honda representative.

I have been told that I will receive a call directly from her with updated response on my vehicle.

So that's that. Let's see how the story unfolds.
Old 21st April 2009, 12:14   #58
BHPian

Latest update on my case,

Honda has sent me a mail saying they regret the inconvenience caused to me and they will certainly resolve all issues. They have arranged a full inspection of my car at the dealers workshop in the presence of a Honda representative. This is scheduled for the 24th of april.

In the meantime, i was curiously checking my car for any faults as compared to another ANHC parked in my building parking lot. I was shocked to spot the problems. The other ANHC was perfect. I have written a mail to Honda reporting the same. I have now asked for a full replacement of the vehicle as such issues are totally unacceptable from a company like Honda.

Additional problems:
1) Front windscreen rubber and plastic mouldings (sides & base) not fit properly. Major gaps noticed.
2) Driver side front door – major gap in rubber moulding near window sill (exterior).
3) Front and rear bumper misaligned
4) Rear right side door – poor quality rubber moulding – weak and loose fitting
5) Front and rear Mud flaps – insufficient washers provided.
6) Left side dash board air vent popping out
7) Minor play in gear at neutral position
8) Slight slipping of gear when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear.
9) Defective LHS ORVM mirror.
Old 21st April 2009, 15:06   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashodeep View Post
Latest update on my case,

Honda has sent me a mail saying they regret the inconvenience caused to me and they will certainly resolve all issues. They have arranged a full inspection of my car at the dealers workshop in the presence of a Honda representative. This is scheduled for the 24th of april.

In the meantime, i was curiously checking my car for any faults as compared to another ANHC parked in my building parking lot. I was shocked to spot the problems. The other ANHC was perfect. I have written a mail to Honda reporting the same. I have now asked for a full replacement of the vehicle as such issues are totally unacceptable from a company like Honda.

Additional problems:
1) Front windscreen rubber and plastic mouldings (sides & base) not fit properly. Major gaps noticed.
2) Driver side front door – major gap in rubber moulding near window sill (exterior).
3) Front and rear bumper misaligned
4) Rear right side door – poor quality rubber moulding – weak and loose fitting
5) Front and rear Mud flaps – insufficient washers provided.
6) Left side dash board air vent popping out
7) Minor play in gear at neutral position
8) Slight slipping of gear when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear.
9) Defective LHS ORVM mirror.
This shocking & scary. I doubt if they'd replace the vehicle itself. But the dealer seem to have handed you a lemon. It's really infuriating to see such reputed companies/dealers doing such things and we customers end up being cheated! I'd be curious to know how Honda resolves this issue now.
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:35   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
This shocking & scary. I doubt if they'd replace the vehicle itself. But the dealer seem to have handed you a lemon. It's really infuriating to see such reputed companies/dealers doing such things and we customers end up being cheated! I'd be curious to know how Honda resolves this issue now.
Hello everyone!

I'm back to 'whine' about my NHC after a long sabbatical. The point no. 4) Rear right side door – poor quality rubber moulding – weak and loose fitting - -- has got so bad, the entire beading slips off the door every time the door is opened. The dealer refuses to acknowledge that its a mfg defect, so now i will hv to get it changed at my cost.

Do update with latest info on the NHC.

My Best,
Yashodeep

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks