Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2009, 21:08   #1
Senior - BHPian

Booked: EDIT-Delivered: Hyundai i10 Kappa Sportz

Finally after much discussion and reviews we booked an Alpine Blue i10 Kappa in Sportz trim. Booking was done last week at Popular Hyundai. Fight was between Swift LDI, Vista Quadrajet, AStar Zxi and i10 Sportz. Swift LDI was delisted due to the lack of even basic equiment like power windows. AStar was struck off the list due to it's ultra small boot and cramped rear, but its safety features impress me. Vista Quadrajet inspite of having the goodies and a great engine still fails to inspire confidence, i read the Vista thread and wasn't happy. Opted for the i10 Sportz since list of std equipments is satisfactory, has a powerful engine (for a hatch), enough room at the rear and okayish boot. We got a 23k Govt employee discount from Hyundai, dealer freebies include keyless entry, seat covers and mudflap. Paid accessories include front fog lamps to complete the front end look, and complete floor waterproof carpeting.

New inventory arrived at the dealer's yesterday and went to select the car today. It will be delivered next week probably, but there are lot of public holidays coming up in between. So far the experience has been good at Popular Hyundai.
Old 9th April 2009, 21:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations!
What was the cost OTR ?
Dealer experience can make or break things and I hope that the experience with servicing remains the same.

Do post the pictures as soon as the car is with you.
Old 9th April 2009, 21:49   #3
Team-BHP Support

Hey congratz! So when is the free flaaaaaaaaaah and cai going in, oh did i forget HID's.

Just kidding
Old 9th April 2009, 21:54   #4
Team-BHP Support

Sankara, congrats once again. Although i did have a feeling you'd tilt towards the Swift LDi, it wasnt to be. A safe choice it is, the i10.

Will be looking forward to the pics and the initial experience. Planning on any wheel upgrades and tints?

How much did they charge you for the fog lamps?
Old 9th April 2009, 22:35   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Hey congratz! So when is the free flaaaaaaaaaah and cai going in, oh did i forget HID's.

Just kidding
How about tyre upsize and the mandatory "What about ICE" ?

Congrats Sankar.

Over the past 3 days, my roomie, colleague and bro-in-law all bought i10s
Old 9th April 2009, 22:47   #6
Team-BHP Support

OFF TOPIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Are they all the same person?
Old 9th April 2009, 23:11   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Congratulations!
What was the cost OTR ?
Dealer experience can make or break things and I hope that the experience with servicing remains the same.

Do post the pictures as soon as the car is with you.
Thanks man! Will post the pics for sure when i get the car!
OTR comes to around 4.4 (excluding the accessories) after the cash discount. Few Hyundai owners i know, including my boss, recommend Popular Hyundai over Hilton for their servicing. It's due to them that i decided to deal with this particular dealer even though a nasty incident is associated with these people. Maybe, the bad publicity, has changed them for good.

Quote:

Just kidding
Thank you Jaggu bhai!
Free flaw exhaust has been excused...hehe No free flow for the car anytime soon, but instead will go for a mellow end can by Remus or similar later
Regarding CAI i have no plans for a conical kit at the moment, but a drop in K&N or Green replacement filter (is it available?) is on the cards!
The Philips HID kit i've installed in my Karizma is coming off soon, after 1st service, HID will be cozy and comfortable in it's new home inside i10's hood But i'd prefer to mount it inside the fog lamps if posible, but that i guess is not possible since the HID has a H4 P43 base. Any inputs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Sankara, congrats once again. Although i did have a feeling you'd tilt towards the Swift LDi, it wasnt to be. A safe choice it is, the i10.

Will be looking forward to the pics and the initial experience. Planning on any wheel upgrades and tints?

How much did they charge you for the fog lamps?
Thanks Benny Boy! Yeah there was this slight tilt towards Swift LDI, but as i mentioned before the lack of basic equipments doused the enthu. If it had 4 door power windows and central locking we would've bought it. Power windows and central locking could've been added on later, but then it wouldn't feel good and well integrated as OE system imo.

Wheel upgrade will be done but not now. When it's done it will be upgraded to a 14incher with 185 section tyres. Tints will be done but not from the dealer, i don't like dark tints very light shades is ideal. Best would be clear film with UV and heat block, will go for that if it's not too expensive. They charged 3900 for the fog lamps. Will put up pics as i take delivery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
How about tyre upsize and the mandatory "What about ICE" ?

Congrats Sankar.

Thanks mate! Tyre upsize will be done but not now. I'm not much of an ICE person but i do appreciate better quality sound than OEM speakers would pump out. Head unit is integrated and it will be left untouched. The OEM speakers will be changed for better items after consulting with local ICE gurus!
Old 9th April 2009, 23:11   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Just kidding

Jaggu, he visited me last day. His bike is now stock!
He's gonna swap the Xenons too from it ! No more bike mods, i10 mods only!

Edit:

He posted in between!

Oye, Crank lazy b . You missed another meet.
Old 9th April 2009, 23:13   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations Sankar for choosing the i10 Kappa Sportz. I find that bhpians have a fair idea of the capabilities of the Kappa engine.In my circle many non-bhpians have bought the i 10 with the old engine and many of these are badged as the Era. The feeling is that a larger engine is expensive to run and maintain, fuel consumption wise and also maintenance wise. Hyundai has done precious little to vanquish such impressions from the mindsets of the average car buyers. And these buyers rarely listen to you and me.
Old 9th April 2009, 23:15   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post

New inventory arrived at the dealer's yesterday and went to select the car today. It will be delivered next week probably, but there are lot of public holidays coming up in between. So far the experience has been good at Popular Hyundai.
Don't forget to carry a copy of the T-BHP PDI checklist! Congrats on the new acquisition! It really is a fun car to drive in traffic!
Old 9th April 2009, 23:23   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Jaggu, he visited me last day. His bike is now stock!
He's gonna swap the Xenons too from it ! No more bike mods, i10 mods only!

Edit:

He posted in between!

Oye, Crank lazy b . You missed another meet.
Oye you will have to choose a nice set of components and an amp Had to miss the meet since had guests at home. Otherwise wouldn't have missed the Pizza at Casabianca

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Congratulations Sankar for choosing the i10 Kappa Sportz. I find that bhpians have a fair idea of the capabilities of the Kappa engine.In my circle many non-bhpians have bought the i 10 with the old engine and many of these are badged as the Era. The feeling is that a larger engine is expensive to run and maintain, fuel consumption wise and also maintenance wise. Hyundai has done precious little to vanquish such impressions from the mindsets of the average car buyers. And these buyers rarely listen to you and me.
Thanks Anjan! Kappa is more peppy than the iRDE motor, even though the Kappa is new tech it still lacks in FE when compared to the iRDE as many Tbhpians have penned. But i thought it's okay to sacrifice couple of Kms of fuel efficiency for the better performance it provides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Don't forget to carry a copy of the T-BHP PDI checklist! Congrats on the new acquisition! It really is a fun car to drive in traffic!
Yep sure will Thanks Pulsar!

Last edited by Sankar : 9th April 2009 at 23:24.
Old 10th April 2009, 06:00   #12
BHPian

Congratulations!
great to see more i10's on tbhp.Its a fantastic little car.

cheers
Old 10th April 2009, 08:40   #13
sps
BHPian

Quote:
Finally after much discussion and reviews we booked an Alpine Blue i10 Kappa in Sportz trim. .
nice decision sankar, i10 with kappa. yummy and i can imagine how it will fly in your hands.
will be easy on your pocket too. hyundai reliability, fit and finish is top class.
Old 12th April 2009, 19:22   #14
BHPian

Quote:
OTR comes to around 4.4 (excluding the accessories) after the cash discount.
@sankar : Thats one hell of a deal...The OTR for the Kappa Sportz (Metallic Shade) in Chennai is 4.75. Thats a whopping 35k discount you've managed ! Or is the OTR in TVM lower ? I've managed a 24k discount from OTR price here in Chennai (for all models) & that too after pulling a few strings at the dealer's end.

Do post a pic of your ride once you get it on hand

Last edited by slipstream : 12th April 2009 at 19:24.
Old 12th April 2009, 20:04   #15
Senior - BHPian

Congratz on the new buy Sankar, But why not spend a lil extra and go for the Asta model, it comes with a lotta goodies extra like ABS and airbags rite??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks