Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2011, 22:13   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Got a black eye! i10 AT Asta (Kappa engine) With Sunroof Review

Nice & detailed review, Tejas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl
Didn't get rear-ended though, dad reversed into a wall.
I remember you mentioning in some other thread that the i10-AT does not indicate the currently slotted gear (N/D/R etc) in the display, unlike other automatics. I guess if it had this feature, maybe the accident could have been averted because your Dad would have noticed that he is in R, instead of the D that he assumed the car to be in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl
So in the morning when my dad sat in the car, out of habit, he shifted one step down and engaged 'R' instead of 'D' (which he assumed) and slammed the accelerator. Result: banged into the wall behind.
One of my peeves with the gear-order in Automatics is that they have it as P->R->N->D, which means even when you are moving forward from stationary (like your Dad), you need to go via the Reverse gear. Having this as R->P->N->D makes more sense to me.

BTW, for calculating the i10's FE, you don't need to go the Fulltank-To-Fulltank (FTF) route, when you have a much easier/accurate method available on the i10. On the i10 just use the yellow-light that comes up indicating that you need to refuel. When the light comes up, set tripmeter to zero. When you next fill fuel, fill for a known quantity say 10litres and keep driving. When the light comes up next, check tripmeter reading (let's say it shows 110kms) and divide it by last fuelled quantity (10 in this case) and you get the FE (110/10 = 11kmpl). As simple as that.

While FTF is generally considered one of the most reliable ways to measure FE, it is not without its share of errors, even when you do FTF from same-pump-same-nozzle. My assumption here is that the yellow-light on the i10 always comes up when the fuel in tank reaches a certain level.

There are not many things I admire in Korean cars, but I so wish my Jap cars had this feature - would have made measuring FE as simple as the reserve-to-reserve way we use on bikes. I use a variation of this on our A*-AT - it's digital fuel-gauge has 10 blocks when tank is full and the last block starts blinking indicating that it is time to refuel - I just substitute the yellow-light with the blinking in the method I mentioned above.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 12th June 2011 at 22:18.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 10:25   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Car's now 2 years old and just done ~8000kms. FE still bad at around 7kmpl.

Plan to get it checked out at an independent workshop. Hyundai guys are of no help.
Old 13th June 2011, 10:31   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Car's now 2 years old and just done ~8000kms. FE still bad at around 7kmpl.

Plan to get it checked out at an independent workshop. Hyundai guys are of no help.
If you like you can get one of these and monitor for a while -

Amazon.com: ScanGauge II Ultra Compact 3-in-1 Automotive Computer with Customizable Real-Time Fuel Economy Digital Gauges: Automotive
Old 2nd April 2013, 14:25   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
i am keen to know your mileage of the car. i am getting 300kms out of a full tank. normal driving. the sunroof is nice . i use it like 3 times a day. in the nights gf and her friends like popping out of it.
Hi jassi,
Has your mileage increased till now.
Cheers
KD
Old 8th September 2022, 16:26   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quick update:

Finally sold her last month with 41000 kms on the clock.

Got a surprisingly good price of Rs.1,38,000 under exchange from Spinny for a year old Honda city.

Surprisingly good because last 4 years she was used as a beater car: scratches, sunroof leaked, suspension needed work, tyres had half life, upholstery was. dirty. Airbag light had come on since few years.

I guess the chip shorted made the second hand market really good for sellers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks