Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2009, 11:44   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
Hi Rajagopal_j,

Congrats for owning this beauty, thoroughly enjoyed reading your post & enjoyed "Pathrao" the most nice style for writing a review..!!

Where are pics dude ?, waiting for them, Exteriors as well as Interiors.
Thank you.
I am sorry about not posting pictures yet, at the moment my camera is somewhere in the unpacked part of my luggage. Will do something about over this weekend for sure !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuraliR View Post
Rajagopal - congrats on your new ride - drive safe.

Congrats again if this is true - else, this is a nice way of tackling our Auto drivers. lol.
Well it is true, we are expecting our son end of July.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
Hi Rajagopal:
Congrats on your buy. Black Linea with those silver linings looks hot. Upload some pics mate.

I never heard of this from any Linea owners here. Is it beacuse you are new to the sedan with low seats?
I am not new to a sedan, my problem is not that the seat is low, my problem is that the seat adjustments dont hold position, for example if my seat has say 5 positions 1 - 5, with 1 being the lowest. I adjust the seat to 3 or 4 for my use. I park the car for about 1 - 2 hrs time and when I come back the seat is back to 1. Weird or wot??
Old 23rd April 2009, 10:33   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajagopal_j View Post
I get this weird feeling that when my car is parked for 1 hr or more the seat slowly moves down and hence when I get into the car the seat is low and I have to increase the height!! Anyone felt this??

Are others having similar issues??
Thats really weird. I do not feel any such difference coming automatically. May be you can have your seat height adjustment lever checked.

Quote:
Also during my trip to chennai last weekend I started getting back pains after about 2 hrs into the journey and I had to adjust my positions. This happened both while going to chennai and while coming back!!

Are others having similar issues??
I feel this could happen as I also feel driving seat not very comfortable. What I realised is that my back (especially spinal cord) is not fitting comfortably in seat backrest. May be the backrest has not enough groove. Consequently, even though I straighten the backrest (with very very little recline remaining) my head still remains far from headrest. This I feel defintely could cause fatique on a long drive
Old 5th May 2009, 14:39   #33
BHPian

Stats, List of niggles and design flaws

Life has been very busy with lots of action at office and at home. I havent had any time to pen down my driving experiences and my first trip to chennai but just to give a quick log. But still I do owe this forum and its members some stats.

ODO reading as of this morning - 1700 Kms

I was running the car with normal unleaded fuel from BP bunk in e-city (my usual petrol pump), till I read the car manual. Found out that this car is to be run with 91 octane petrol only. So shifted to IndianOil XtraPremium, which is supposedly the only 91 octane fuel available in India.

FE Figures in KM/L (A - Tank full method, B - On Dash Display)
- With Normal petrol (88 Octane from BP)
100% Bangalore City A- 10.7 B - 11
Chennai Trip A - 17.2 B - 17.1
(drove at 80kmph, 2500 rpm all the way with no stops, avg speed was 77 kmph)
100% Chennai City A - 11.2 B - 11.2

- With IndianOil XtraPremium (the only 91 Octane in India)
100% Bangalore City A - not measured B - 9.1 (this morning)

Mileage seems to have dropped with the shift to XtraPremium. I was getting only around 7-8 till last morning, now FE has picked up and has come upto 9.1 this morning. Is this normal when you shift from 88 octane to 91 octane w/ additives?

List of Niggles
- Chrome beading under the left rear quarter glass has fallen off
- Seat height adjustment doesnt hold good and the seat keeps going down
- Front passenger door needs to banged to close properly
- There seems to be a problem with driver's door opening mechanism, when trying to open from inside. Have to try a couple of times before it will open
- a little water (not much though) seems to be leaking in heavy rains from the front passenger side door
- Some joints on the dash and around the car dont seem to come together very well, lots of gaps here and there
- Finish on the plastics are rough with stringy plastic from the moulding process hanging in many of the places
- There are small cuts on the indicator stick as if someone has taken a blade to it, expecting to get this replaced during warranty

Design Flaws
- The mirror adjustments buttons are not reachable when I am comfortably seated. I have to lean forward with my back off the seat to reach the mirror adjustment buttons. I am of average height and have average arm length.
- Seat backrest is not comfortable and drivers will develop backache on long drives
- Music system doesnt remember that it was switched of before the car is turned off. Everytime I start the car the Music system switches back on
- AC doesnt remember its settings all the time (similar to the music system)
- The wiper throws water around. While it does keep the glass right in front of the driver clear of water, it throws water around onto the passenger side of the windshield. During rains, two wheelers go crazy and are overtaking you from all side and the passenger side view becomes essential especially in towns like bangalore where roads are small with way too many vehicles and torrential rains

Hoping to get the niggles fixed during my first service!

Last edited by rajagopal_j : 5th May 2009 at 14:44.
Old 5th May 2009, 17:05   #34
BHPian

Quote:
List of Niggles
[COLOR=black]While cleaning my Linea i have observed the same . Service centers in Hyderabad doesn’t have any idea about this, some body says this is not listed in our spares list and blah balh. Today i enquired with Malik Cars and the answer is - they have this, costs around 600/- and i need replace the rear quarter glass along with rubber beading . [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Will it be covered under warranty? Any idea?[/COLOR]
Old 5th May 2009, 17:21   #35
BANNED

Quote:
So shifted to IndianOil XtraPremium, which is supposedly the only 91 octane fuel available in India.
Octane-rating of Petrol is turning out to be a mystery. I also thought IOC XtraPremium is 91-octane & promptly filled it in my 2nd fill. When I searched on Net, found that none of the oil companies are claiming any Octane ratings now. Those sites showing IOC xtrapremium as 91-octane are dated 3-4 years back. Have spoken to all 3 oil companies, none (except for BP) confirmed 91-octane. In fact, everyone said Octane ratings of Regular & premium/ branded petrols are the same with no difference. the details are in my thread on page 5.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...y-linea-5.html

Hey, rajagopal. You got very very good FE with BP regular. I had decided to stick to Regular unleaded petrol for 1st 1500kms & then check on Xtrapremium/ Speed etc. Seems I'll have to try BP regular
Old 5th May 2009, 17:34   #36
BHPian

Quote:
- Music system doesnt remember that it was switched of before the car is turned off. Everytime I start the car the Music system switches back on

There is a option in menu which says Autoplay On/ off . Try that

AC is Automatic Climate Control. It works automatically
Old 5th May 2009, 17:50   #37
Senior - BHPian

When i enquired the dealer outlet i was told Burma Shell petrol is 91 octane.
Old 5th May 2009, 18:07   #38
Senior - BHPian

I posted a query on this forum 2 years ago, and was informed that all unleaded ordinary petol in metros is 91 octane---I've been filling up with IOC normal since then.
Old 5th May 2009, 23:04   #39

Quote:
Thank you.
I am sorry about not posting pictures yet, at the moment my camera is somewhere in the unpacked part of my luggage. Will do something about over this weekend for sure !!

Well it is true, we are expecting our son end of July.

I am not new to a sedan, my problem is not that the seat is low, my problem is that the seat adjustments dont hold position, for example if my seat has say 5 positions 1 - 5, with 1 being the lowest. I adjust the seat to 3 or 4 for my use. I park the car for about 1 - 2 hrs time and when I come back the seat is back to 1. Weird or wot??
I am experiencing it. I keep it at level 5, but in the morning or evening when I take may car out , I find it shift to level 4. So the decrease is not as drastic as what you are seeing, but it is there.
Old 6th May 2009, 10:53   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahshahid View Post
I am experiencing it. I keep it at level 5, but in the morning or evening when I take may car out , I find it shift to level 4. So the decrease is not as drastic as what you are seeing, but it is there.
In my car, the seat holds its height. after 2-3 days, if i check by trying to raise it, it requires only half a thread upwards movement. That means it goes down by only half a thread which I feel is normal due to vibrations/ bumps during travelling
Old 6th May 2009, 11:11   #41
BHPian

Hmm similar experience, but haven't experienced build-quality issues yet.

Quote:
L
Mileage seems to have dropped with the shift to XtraPremium. I was getting only around 7-8 till last morning, now FE has picked up and has come upto 9.1 this morning. Is this normal when you shift from 88 octane to 91 octane w/ additives?
-> Even I am using Xtra premium. I am getting 9.2.
List of Niggles
- Seat height adjustment doesnt hold good and the seat keeps going down
-> True, i keep it at Highest minus 2 steps. Today morning I saw that i had to crank it up some 4-5 steps!
- Front passenger door needs to banged to close properly
-> Same here, but I guess now my wife got used to banging it shut
- There seems to be a problem with driver's door opening mechanism, when trying to open from inside. Have to try a couple of times before it will open
- a little water (not much though) seems to be leaking in heavy rains from the front passenger side door
- Some joints on the dash and around the car dont seem to come together very well, lots of gaps here and there
- Finish on the plastics are rough with stringy plastic from the moulding process hanging in many of the places
- There are small cuts on the indicator stick as if someone has taken a blade to it, expecting to get this replaced during warranty

Design Flaws
- The mirror adjustments buttons are not reachable when I am comfortably seated. I have to lean forward with my back off the seat to reach the mirror adjustment buttons. I am of average height and have average arm length.
-> Is your seat pushed way back? I have no problems, as keep my seat pushed so much back that my knees just touch the steering column.
- Seat backrest is not comfortable and drivers will develop backache on long drives
-> Yes. i feel the seat(back portion) is too long and doesn't hug my back properly. maybe some padded seat covers should help.
-> Dude, check this out. It should remember the temp setting, music ON/OFF etc.
- The wiper throws water around. While it does keep the glass right in front of the driver clear of water, it throws water around onto the passenger side of the windshield. During rains, two wheelers go crazy and are overtaking you from all side and the passenger side view becomes essential especially in towns like bangalore where roads are small with way too many vehicles and torrential rains

Hoping to get the niggles fixed during my first service!
Old 6th May 2009, 14:37   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Xtra premium
Is definitely not recommended by fiat. The sales executive told me not to put any petrol with additives. May be thats the reason for the drop in mileage

I have also not experienced any build quality issues as of now though my car is only 2 weeks old

Quote:
a little water (not much though) seems to be leaking in heavy rains from the front passenger side door
Seems to be a serious issue . Take her to the dealer and have her checked. May be some problem with the rubber insulatory beading there. You can have it replaced. I have had similar issues with my omni before.
Old 6th May 2009, 14:57   #43
BHPian

disappointed to see Linea is going on SX4 path.

Same story, initial love & then hate.
Old 6th May 2009, 15:31   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
disappointed to see Linea is going on SX4 path.
No way. There are a few niggles thats all and fiat is determined to set things right. This happens to each and every car in initial phase. Just we need to be a little patient.
Old 7th May 2009, 16:11   #45
BANNED

Quote:
I was running the car with normal unleaded fuel from BP bunk in e-city (my usual petrol pump), till I read the car manual. Found out that this car is to be run with 91 octane petrol only. So shifted to IndianOil XtraPremium,

I think I'm going to try BP regular fuel this time considering my tele-discussions with IOC, HP, BP officials. None of them guarantees 91-Octane (except BP official who says both regular & Speed are 91-Octane, am not sure what extent its correct). IOC said "they can guarantee 88-Octane though most times you get 90+ Octane". HP says "they can guarantee 89-octane though most times you'll get 90+ octane". I've been fueling IOC regular till now (once filled XtraPremium).

Quote:
Solved this mystery today. Many owners mentioned this issue. Even I started facing it since when I inserted Pen drive 1st time. It just refuses to stop auto-starting when starting the engine. I tried everything. Every settings, even turned off "Autoplay" in the settings multiple times, various combinations. Nothing works. Lastly there was only 1 thing left to try which I vaguely remember reading something in manual. I pulled out Pen Drive. Turned off Autoplay option (which was off already). Attached Pen Drive with my Laptop & deleted a few songs & added a few. Reattached the Pen Drive & whew!! It now does not start automatically. I think, on the contrary, the system remembers Pen Drive settings, builds up the directory list & may be settings (when data in Pen Drive is changed) & retains those settings.
Quote:
Pressing recirculation everytime is an irritant. For remembering other settings, there is a way out. Instead of turning on the ACC by pressing Auto button, try to do it by pressing OFF button. That atleast remembers the air distribution flow button (which I generally keep at Central/ Chest level)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks