Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2009, 09:09   #46
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajagopal_j View Post
Have you guys noticed something weird in the Linea?

I get this weird feeling that when my car is parked for 1 hr or more the seat slowly moves down and hence when I get into the car the seat is low and I have to increase the height!! Anyone felt this??
SPOT ON! dude.. This is exactly what I told my wife a couple of days back. (Apparently she thought it was hilarious and started laughing at me).

Maybe the height adjustable seat needs to be checked.
Old 8th May 2009, 10:05   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajagopal_j View Post
Have you guys noticed something weird in the Linea?

It is so difficult to find THE position for the driver's seat. After driving 1100+ kms, I still dont have the right position for me. Everytime I get into the car I adjust the seat, front-back, up-down and also the steering wheel up-down positions.

I get this weird feeling that when my car is parked for 1 hr or more the seat slowly moves down and hence when I get into the car the seat is low and I have to increase the height!! Anyone felt this??

Also during my trip to chennai last weekend I started getting back pains after about 2 hrs into the journey and I had to adjust my positions. This happened both while going to chennai and while coming back!!

Are others having similar issues??
yes mate that's true. I keep tinkering with the backrest and the height a lot. Still have not hit the sweet spot.

About the back pain, good to know you felt that on a long drive, I had a bit of a sore back on the onward journey to Mysore myself. A little stretching helped. The seats may not be tall people friendly ;-) . I'm thinking of getting them beads, hoping they will bring some relief and comfort. Maybe when you get the seats done you could get your seat stuffed/shaped.

Waitingfor update 3.0 , the chennai drive, before you forget about the finer details...and some photos if I don't get to see the black beauty tomorrow!

Last edited by pranava999 : 8th May 2009 at 10:08.
Old 11th January 2010, 13:23   #48
BHPian

A Long Due Update!

Hi Folks,

Its been a really long time since I have posted anything here. I have been fairly busy these past 8 months behind the wheel and off the wheel. I havent had much time to think and put together a comprehensive update, but still here is my long due update on the car (abridged).

Car Status

19000+ Kms done

Mileage
- City - 9 - 9.5 kmpl
- Highway - 12 - 14 kmpl

Free Service 1
- bills amount Rs 0

Second Free service
- Clutch assembly recall, replaced FoC under warranty
- Driver's seat assembly recall, replaced FoC under warranty
- Oil Change
- Total bill around Rs3000

Problems fixed/still open
- wiper leaving lines on the windscreen - FIXED
- noise from rear left suspension - was fixed, now re-appeared - OPEN
- Hard gears and clutch - clutch assemby recall - FIXED
- driver's seat height adjustment - was replaced with new, but its worse - OPEN
- A/C noise and was not effective - FIXED
- Fuel Tank Lid not closing - was fixed, now re-appeared - OPEN
- idle vibration - was related to a/c - FIXED
- only one horn was working - FIXED

Major Problems
Broke the engine oil sump in the middle of Tholpetty forest (stupid tusker scared the bejesus out of me). Luckily had half a litre of engine oil in the boot, topped up and drove to mysore about 120 kms. Put Mseal to close the crack and ordered for a new sump. Sump replaced in 2 weeks for about Rs 3500

Overall Experience
The car is an absolute dream to drive. No lack of power or anything at all. Its a dream on the highway and pulls really well in the 5th gear. Tops out at about 165 - 170 kmph on the display, 150kmph GPS read out accurate to 1m .
The service experience is just amazing, but the service adivsors are technically 0, waste and useless (i know they mean the same thing). I always speak with the manager of the service centre and things get done instantly.

Excellent car and am very happy I picked it up!

B Rgds,
Raj.
Old 12th January 2010, 10:39   #49
Senior - BHPian

welcome back Raj. last Friday, i was thinking. "There is no update from dude who has pic of drinking big jug in his avatar"

could you kindly advice what exactly happend in Tholpetty?
Also, how about some pics!
Old 13th January 2010, 09:59   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
welcome back Raj. last Friday, i was thinking. "There is no update from dude who has pic of drinking big jug in his avatar"
Hehehehe
Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
could you kindly advice what exactly happend in Tholpetty?
Also, how about some pics!
Well the roads were really bad at tholpetty, there was this really nasty stretch with a huge portion of road missing, forming something like a ditch right in the middle. I was trying to drive around that ditch to the right, when this tusker came out of the foliage, well I just s**t my bricks, and swerved the car to the left away from him straight into the ditch .
Well didnt know that my engine oil sump was broken then. I came to my hotel in kalpetta, and realised the next morning that the whole 3.2 litres of Engine oil was on the road. Luckily, I had about 800ml or less of oil in the boot. Poured that in and managed to drive back to Mysore, M-sealed the sump and made it to Blore. Now there is a spanking new engine oil sump in my car!

B Rgds,
Raj.
Old 13th January 2010, 12:51   #51
Senior - BHPian

I am really glad to hear that the service experience has been alright. However, the seat height adjustment issue should have been fixed by now, what is the dealer saying?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks