Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2009, 12:11   #31
BHPian

Congrats on your new car friend, sporty looking car, cool interiors, side skirts and alloys. Happy motoring.
Old 21st April 2009, 12:31   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Obviously you don't want every tom, dick and harry to have a collector's item do you. Looses the charm of an exclusive product you see
I agree except in this case the exclusive product doesnt have an exclusive price attached with it.

Its the same price as fiesta sxi,so the exclusivity in terms of pricing is anyway not there.

Thats why I said that at 7.8L(with huge discounts as well which can bring it to somewhere near 7.2-7,3),it should be an automatic choice for much more than is now.
Old 21st April 2009, 12:41   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
I agree except in this case the exclusive product doesnt have an exclusive price attached with it.

Its the same price as fiesta sxi,so the exclusivity in terms of pricing is anyway not there.

Thats why I said that at 7.8L(with huge discounts as well which can bring it to somewhere near 7.2-7,3),it should be an automatic choice for much more than is now.
Even though the Sports is very slightly more expensive than the SXi, the largest selling variant is actually the ZXi and then the EXi. Indian car buyer is very mid market and always looks for best value.
Another thing the Indian car buyer only understands religiously is "Mileage Kitna Hai" and the Sports tag does scare them a lot. So even with a non-exclusive price tag, most will not touch it with a barge pole. So price point or not, this car wil remain exclusive.
Old 21st April 2009, 12:52   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Even though the Sports is very slightly more expensive than the SXi, the largest selling variant is actually the ZXi and then the EXi. Indian car buyer is very mid market and always looks for best value.
Another thing the Indian car buyer only understands religiously is "Mileage Kitna Hai" and the Sports tag does scare them a lot. So even with a non-exclusive price tag, most will not touch it with a barge pole. So price point or not, this car wil remain exclusive.

Agree with MileCruncher. Most of the people buy the ZXi model. The other factor is, Fiesta is more famous for the TDCI than the Duratec. Any auto magazines or reviews are mostly based on the TDCI. Only recent months due to new lauches like ANHC and Linea Petrol the Fiesta 1.6S is been seen in Car magazines that too for comparisons. There also it gets beaten one or the other way and gets to be the 2nd or 3rd option car

Finally its left for Auto Geeks like us who want to be different !!!
Old 22nd April 2009, 12:57   #35
BHPian

Question to Fiesta owners:

How reliable is the "Fuel to Empty" meter work?

Somehow I feel its not right. I drive 20kms in the morning, for which the fuel to empty has moved to 30kms lesser. I haven't been reving the car too much.

Any comments???
Old 22nd April 2009, 13:07   #36
Senior - BHPian

Its indicative. Not accurate.
My friend's fiesta has been driven for close to 20 kms with the DTE showing 1km.
Old 22nd April 2009, 13:16   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nityanand.s.s View Post
Question to Fiesta owners:

How reliable is the "Fuel to Empty" meter work?

Somehow I feel its not right. I drive 20kms in the morning, for which the fuel to empty has moved to 30kms lesser. I haven't been reving the car too much.

Any comments???
By and large, it is accurate---but not to the decimal. A lot depends on your driving style, density of traffic, AC usage, etc. For instance, if I drive through thick traffic in Ameerpet using 100% AC, then the DTE reading drops by 5 kms even though I've travelled only 3 kms. It could vary more in traffic jams.

On the contrary, it goes up when I drive on the ORR. I found that the reading I get when I tank up is generally accurate when I tank up next. For example, I may get 520 on the DTE when I tank up, and say I drive for 300 kms over a week and then tank up again. If I calculate the FE per litre and multiply it by 45 (tank capacity), it more or less matches the figure of 520 I'd got earlier.
By the way, I used to get a figure of 480 to 490 last year on tanking up, but it varies between 510 to 530 now.
Old 22nd April 2009, 14:39   #38
BHPian

Thanks Vnabhi & Nitrous !!

I will check this for some more days. Will update more in the coming days. Whats the FE you get in the City drive?
Old 22nd April 2009, 15:03   #39
Senior - BHPian

I once had a classic car which used to give the following information on the instrument cluster:
  1. Odometer
  2. Trip Meter (2)
  3. Average Fuel Consumption
  4. Instantaneous Fuel Consumption
  5. Average Speed.
  6. Range of Fuel or Distance to Empty.
I had driven more than 10-15Miles with the Range showing 0. So remember that these things are at best close approximation and can never be absolutely correct.
Old 22nd April 2009, 15:16   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Vnabhi & Nitrous !!

I will check this for some more days. Will update more in the coming days. Whats the FE you get in the City drive?
My F.E. figures are in my ownership report---see the link below. I think your wider tyres and bigger rims might fetch you a tad less on the F.E. front.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...14000-kms.html
Old 22nd April 2009, 15:28   #41
Senior - BHPian

Nice seating by ford..looks like alcantara leather..but tis not !!!!!!!!
Old 22nd April 2009, 17:00   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
My F.E. figures are in my ownership report---see the link below. I think your wider tyres and bigger rims might fetch you a tad less on the F.E. front.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...14000-kms.html
Shouldn't it be the other way round. Wider tyres ok, but bigger tyre means bigger circumference, more distance covered and more FE.
Quote:
Nice seating by ford..looks like alcantara leather..but tis not !!!!!!!!
But this seat will absorb all your sweat that comes out while having a spine chilling, adrenalin pumping drive.. Leathers don't absorb sweat

Last edited by MileCruncher : 22nd April 2009 at 17:02.
Old 22nd April 2009, 17:13   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shouldn't it be the other way round. Wider tyres ok, but bigger tyre means bigger circumference, more distance covered and more FE.
nope - the wider tires affect mileage much more than the bigger circumference which is anyway just 1 cm more i think whearas, contact patch is nearly 20% more with the 195 section

not to mention, the fact that you will obviously drive with a lead foot once you buy the S
Old 22nd April 2009, 17:35   #44
BHPian

Quote:
I drive 20kms in the morning, for which the fuel to empty has moved to 30kms lesser. I haven't been reving the car too much.

Any comments???
The DTE increases the 10 Kms when you start the car again, happens to me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
nope - the wider tires affect mileage much more than the bigger circumference which is anyway just 1 cm more i think whearas, contact patch is nearly 20% more with the 195 section
I dont think the bigger tires make a big difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
For example, I may get 520 on the DTE when I tank up, and say I drive for 300 kms over a week and then tank up again. If I calculate the FE per litre and multiply it by 45 (tank capacity), it more or less matches the figure of 520 I'd got earlier.
By the way, I used to get a figure of 480 to 490 last year on tanking up, but it varies between 510 to 530 now.
The DTE is just indicative.

When i tank up I get 590 +/- on the DTE, and my realistic mileage is a bit less than that. I get 12.2, an average from my last 3 full tanks. The worst was 10.6. And all this is with 100% AC and with the occasional ripping

Last edited by sathee46 : 22nd April 2009 at 17:41.
Old 22nd April 2009, 18:43   #45
BHPian

Beautiful car you've got there and good discount as well. Dont think there'll be any problem just because the car was with dealer for long time. Wishing you a very happy ownership. The DTE in my Fiesta diesel always shows 786 kms when given a full tank. Thats around 17.5 kmpl, but our mileage is actually more than 20 kmpl. My father generally fills the tank when there's around 80kms shown in DTE

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks