Team-BHP - Go Fida ... My new Ford Fiesta 1.6S ..Aquarius Blue
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Go Fida ... My new Ford Fiesta 1.6S ..Aquarius Blue (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/56932-go-fida-my-new-ford-fiesta-1-6s-aquarius-blue.html)

It all started from the initial thought of buying Ford Ikon TDCI !!!

But finally landed up with the Ford Fiesta 1.6S. Got the car on 15th April.

Here is how I got it.

Last November when Ford lauched the Ford Ikon, I was the second person to test drive and immediately paid advance. I test drove again and was not very convinced with Vibrations and Road noise in the cabin on higher speeds

Ever since then been pushing the idea of buying the car but the advance still remained with Ford dealer.. Meanwhile I also did do the test drive of Linea 1.4P. i did like the Linea exteriors but not the interior plastics (purely subjective)

The last month I went to Ford to check on the advance, I got pulled for the looks of Fiesta 1.6S and worked out right price to do the buy ...

What I like about the Car:

Power: Awesome
Loaded: with ABS, Airbags, Music system, Alloys, Spoiler & Chome tipped Exhaust
Interior: Like the black surround with silver touch
Exterior: Sporty Blue with side skirts

What I didn't like.

Music System Without Remote
Rear Seats - Head rests not provided

These are initial feedback. Will have more in the coming days. Will Post pics in coming days.

Thanks Team-BHP, Read a lot of reviews about this car before buying it. Special thanks to Vnabhi

@Nithya, Congrats ! That's a fun car to drive ..

Does the music system come with the car, or are you paying extra for it ?
* if it comes with the car, check the model & try for a remote outside
* if you are buying it extra, then why not go for something else ?

Rear seat headrests are essential, but Ford somehow doesnt think so !

Pls post the pics ..

WoW! Another S in TBHP. Congrats on your car!

Some pictures please :D

Congrats Nithya for the driver's delight. Nice & Perhaps one of the best option in the segment. Do post the deal you struck with the Ford dealer !

Thanks all for the Wishes !!!

@Condor: The music system is factory fitted !! I will search for remote over the weekend

@superbhikari: The car was in the Yard from OCT 08 .. Negotiated for 1Lakh.. ( On road it is 8.1 lakh... Bought it for 7.1lakh)

Congrats nityanand, enjoy your beast! Post some pics soon.

Congrats Nitya.Its really a drivers car and you will enjoy.
Music system is Sanyo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nityanand.s.s (Post 1264849)
Thanks all for the Wishes !!!

@Condor: The music system is factory fitted !! I will search for remote over the weekend

@superbhikari: The car was in the Yard from OCT 08 .. Negotiated for 1Lakh.. ( On road it is 8.1 lakh... Bought it for 7.1lakh)

good price and I love the interiors - especially the fabric used in the seats. please do post some pictures

Congrats on a great buy.......but a 1.6S lying in the yard from October 2008:Shockked:. Is there something fishy here?

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 1264929)
Congrats on a great buy.......but a 1.6S lying in the yard from October 2008:Shockked:. Is there something fishy here?

Thanks Suman. I did couple of checks before I bought this car. Ensured it isn't DEMO car. The bigger reason I got it is, I closed the deal on March 31st .

Congrats on the new car!! You will love every bit of it!!, I dont think you can get a remote for the music system in 1.6S

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 1264929)

its quite possible that dealer was stocked up on this variant/colour and maybe was not able to sell it off thanks to the big discounts that FORD gave off largely for the other variants during dec

so maybe he was stuck with this

but if everything is fine as per PDI - shouldnt it be ok to take ?

Hey congrats man, I love the way the car looks, post pics soon.

Congrats Nithyanand that's a good buy and now post the pictures of you car everyone are waiting for the same.

The discount which you have got is a very good one, if no remote nothing to worry.

congrats dude and great buy! fiesta is one of the best looking sedans in that segment.
post pics please :)

cheers