Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2009, 12:35   #1
BHPian

My Linea to be delivered in next 3 days....

Hi All,

This is my first "New Thread" post !!!!
I booked my Linea Emotion PAck Petrol (Red) on March 31st, 2009. After 2 confirmed delivery dates in the last 8 days ...i have a final "Firm" commitment of delivery by Sunday this week.

Now that i am so close to grab my New Beauty and to call it my own ...i had a few queries that i want my dear friends here to help me with before i take possession of my car.

I have following accessories in mind and also recommended by Dealer :

a. Should i go for a "under-body" anti-rust (or whatever) treatment suggested by the dealer. The cost is RS. 4500/- . I read somewhere in one of the threads that Linea's dont need this treatment.

b. Sun Film by Llumar is offered at Rs. 6250/- for all Side and Front . Is that a good brand and a gud buy??? ....they claim 90% Sun protection.

c. Rear PArking Sensor. How to go about it ??? Dealer not having this on offer. I am not too keen either. But if i do it what are available options?

d. Any other accessories or Exterior Polish recommendations ???!!!!

Seat covers will be Stanleys ...thats one i m firmed up on ...... So plese help me witht eh rest of it !!!! Thanks all!

Last edited by khan_sultan : 17th April 2009 at 13:29. Reason: smileys
Old 17th April 2009, 13:25   #2
BHPian

First off welcome to the Linea club.
I did not get the under body antirust protectiondone yet but am planning to if the Linea needs it. Wont be a harm not to get it done.
Sunfilm, well there is a nice thread on sunfilm started by by Samurai,look it up for a whole set of opinions and brands. Llumars a decent brand after VKool and 3M perception wise. I have 3M RE50 in my linea for the windows and rear but nothing on the windshield.
I just got mine polished no other exterior treatment.
There are quite a few options for the reverse sensors. The good brands start at about 3,500/- Am planning to get one installed when I am ICEing my car.
Nice to know you are planning on stanleys and do put up the photos when she arrives.
Old 17th April 2009, 13:29   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like you are super duper excited man -- the dotted post & 3 smileys are proof of that :-)

Wishing you the delivery in as promised 3 days and then many many happy miles on it.

Take it easy and do these things one by one. I would suggest that go for the 'film' right away and rest all can be done later.

BTW, why would you need 'exterior polish' on a brand new car??
Old 17th April 2009, 13:38   #4
BHPian

Best of luck. I can imagine the painful wait. In fact I have given up. I leave it all to the showroom. Every morning they told me that they will deliver that evening.
Old 17th April 2009, 13:46   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb View Post
Best of luck. I can imagine the painful wait. In fact I have given up. I leave it all to the showroom. Every morning they told me that they will deliver that evening.
which dealer mate? Telling you just shoot a complaint to Fiat at the CEO corner on their website. I'm sure they are well aware of these issues but no harm in letting them know that customers need to be attended to. I did that and my dealer was a little sore when he heard from Tata.
Old 17th April 2009, 14:50   #6
BHPian

Many congratulations buddy!
Enjoy your car and do post pics as soon as this baby arrives!
Old 17th April 2009, 17:31   #7
BHPian

Thanks All.

Sultan's idea is what my idea would have been (of waiting and doing things one at a time) . only thing was to ensure that before i roll the car out of the showroom , i have the major "must haves" done .

Rockyb - i m doing the same thing . just relaxed and not troubling myself or getting agitated . hopefully i will be writing my first drive experience soon.

pranava - i had taken the delay in delivery to higher ups in the dealership and Fiat ...i will be writing to the CEO too anyway , so that atleast the future bookings dont suffer as i read every linea owner post here stating that the delays are becoming a regular feature.

thanks pradster
Old 17th April 2009, 17:45   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
Thanks All.

Sultan's idea is what my idea would have been (of waiting and doing things one at a time) . only thing was to ensure that before i roll the car out of the showroom , i have the major "must haves" done .

Rockyb - i m doing the same thing . just relaxed and not troubling myself or getting agitated . hopefully i will be writing my first drive experience soon.

pranava - i had taken the delay in delivery to higher ups in the dealership and Fiat ...i will be writing to the CEO too anyway , so that atleast the future bookings dont suffer as i read every linea owner post here stating that the delays are becoming a regular feature.

thanks pradster

Hey, Congrats man ...

I'd say get floor mats ASAP, and you know, i delayed the film on my car and i actually have begun to quite enjoy the plain glass. So i've changed my mind to go in for Vcool colorless from the tinted film ive been used to. I just have be be careful leaving a laptop bag in the car or something lest it encourages a break in.

I didn't do anything with the security system, i still need to understand that better. I'd say dont tamper with it just yet.

Also, ask them dealers not to put all that branding stickers on the car ... its a mess and clearly no reason to advertise them if you arne't being paid an endorsement fee :-)

The dealer branding on Lineas are just too much.

Safe Motoring

Cheers

Maz
RED 1.3 D E+
Old 17th April 2009, 17:55   #9
BHPian

Congratulations FastLove, I am sure you will love driving it. The time you've spent waiting for it, shall be more than worth it.

As for delivery, dealers can't do much, as its not in their hands and since customers keep bothering them with phone calls (Like I did) they tend to give wrong committments to avoid irritation from the customers. As long as it is within a few days, it is fine, else you should talk to the Fiat guys.

Make sure you get the Engine and Chassis number, if they give you that then your car is definately getting delivered pretty soon.

Cheers.!
Old 17th April 2009, 18:32   #10
BHPian

Dude Mazherr - thanx . you wont believe but the first thing after my booking got confirmed was that i told the delaer not to put any of their stickers on the rear glass or anywhere

xplora - thanx bro. i have been promised to hear from them on the chassis number by EOD today. fingers crossed. i know for you its "been there , done that "
Old 18th April 2009, 20:11   #11
BHPian

the wait gets longer .

guys , i have to wait another possibly 6-7 days to get hold of my car. I dont understand what FIAT / TATA Motors is upto !!!!
Old 18th April 2009, 20:34   #12
BHPian

Relax buddy! The car's a gem, I am sure its worth the wait!

Or you can try a Dzire and wait some months! :P
Old 18th April 2009, 21:22   #13
BHPian

fastlove dude, I understand your frustration.
I was in a similar situation 2 weeks ago when my sales person kept saying "its in transit".
I finally visited the dealership personally and spoke to their operations head expressing my dissatisfaction.
He promptly made a few calls and confirmed the engine/chasis number. I got my car 5 days from then.

Make sure you get those, then there is no escape for them.

All the best.
Enjoy the admiration when u get her!
Old 18th April 2009, 22:34   #14
BHPian

It's raining Linea's make no mistake. Hope you get your hawt Italiano Chicka soon! When she comes hope do park her in the moonlight and seranade her with " Lady in red " Enjoy!!
Old 18th April 2009, 22:40   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeff View Post
It's raining Linea's make no mistake. Hope you get your hawt Italiano Chicka soon!
+1 to that thought redeff!!

fastlove congrats on the car dude...

contrary to your handle - you need to caress and love slowly... that is what makes it so much more enjoyable! with the linea delivery - FIAT makes sure that you learn that trait REAL quick!!!

all the best and i shall root for you getting your car as soon as you can. congrats once again

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks