Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2010, 09:42   #76
Senior - BHPian

Awesome Carholic1, just as I thought. A complete VFM ride with a Bit of everything if not the Best of somthing!!
Old 2nd September 2010, 10:39   #77
Senior - BHPian

Caroholic
Your car is just WoW in terms of looks. Fantastic set of wheels but pls get rid of those tail lamps.

Next time, get the running repair done else you are gonna get robbed every time with paid service. Hope you know the trick now.
Old 2nd September 2010, 10:48   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post

1. Have you installed a performance Filter (Like K&N) or gone for FFE to improve the driveability of the car? Yes, we both know that this machine is no slouch but the I feel there is kind of a "Dead" zone somewhere b/w 1500-2000RPM post which the car really pulls clean, like a turbo kicking in!!
Can i answer that?

I had a 1.3 Getz on which I had installed a Ractive conical filter and a free flow from Viper. It make a big difference on the driveability of the car and it pulled quite well and put a smile on my face.

I would recommend it since the Getz isnt really quick as stock.

If you can get a remap or something it will help in getting rid of that flat spot between 2-3k rpm.
Old 2nd September 2010, 12:09   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Can i answer that?

I had a 1.3 Getz on which I had installed a Ractive conical filter and a free flow from Viper. It make a big difference on the driveability of the car and it pulled quite well and put a smile on my face.

I would recommend it since the Getz isnt really quick as stock.

If you can get a remap or something it will help in getting rid of that flat spot between 2-3k rpm.
Really appreciate your response Akshay and you probably have answered my Question spot on! More so since you probably knew what I was referring to, being a Getz owner yourself.

Now that you have got me closer to Nirvana , what would U suggest I do for now:
1. Go in for a Filter and FFE or one of the 2 ? Make and Cost Please.
2. If you probably wouldn't want to answer the first one, then how much for a Remap? Where and who is reliable ?

Thank you once again for your advise.
Old 2nd September 2010, 13:14   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Really appreciate your response Akshay and you probably have answered my Question spot on! More so since you probably knew what I was referring to, being a Getz owner yourself.

Now that you have got me closer to Nirvana , what would U suggest I do for now:
1. Go in for a Filter and FFE or one of the 2 ? Make and Cost Please.
2. If you probably wouldn't want to answer the first one, then how much for a Remap? Where and who is reliable ?

Thank you once again for your advise.
Well speak to Bangalore bhpians and find out where is a good place to get an FFE done. The headers should be 4x2x1. It shouldnt cost more than 10k or so for the FFE.

For the filter it depends on which one you go for. Can be from anything between 3k to 7k.

For a remap/standalone ecu check out Race Dynamics which is in Bangalore. It will be 20k+ im guessing.

There are also other people like Zakie and Kiirus from Bombay but since your in Bangalore RD would be the best bet.
Old 2nd September 2010, 13:40   #81
Senior - BHPian

Great Akshay, appreciate your input bro.

20k would be a bit steap at this point, but yes, either a Filter or FFE is coming up soon on my White Pearl.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks