Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2009, 22:23   #46
BHPian

Flamenco Red - color mismatch?

Calling all Flamenco Red Linea owners ...

I have noticed that the car body and bumper color seem different.
Ofcourse, bumper is plastic & body is metal so they have different reflecting properties.
Can you guys confirm if you see the same in yours as well ... or my paint job is screwed-up?
Attached Thumbnails
One more Linea story? ... here you go-linea-020.jpg  

One more Linea story? ... here you go-linea-003.jpg  

Old 27th April 2009, 01:01   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post

Ofcourse, bumper is plastic & body is metal so they have different reflecting properties.
Can you guys confirm if you see the same in yours as well ... or my paint job is screwed-up?
Dude, your paint job might not be bad, but it seems like the front bumper is changed ? Is it only on the front bumper or elsewhere ie rear etc. ?

Although mine is black, its the same finish metal or plastic..looks the same. Someone who owns red might know more, but better get it checked.
Old 27th April 2009, 02:26   #48
BANNED

Quote:

Yes, yours is definitely looks different. Check out pics of my flamenco red linea in my thread. body colour & bumper colour looks the same - the original ones & also after I changed the bumper. THis was the thing I checked specifically when receiving the car back after change of bumper whether bumper paint is ok & matching

bring it to the dealer notice imdtly. btw, has this difference come recently after your workshop visit or since delivery?
Old 27th April 2009, 06:39   #49
Senior - BHPian

They have screwed up the bumper neotraveller. Mine looks same as body colour. Didnt you check it out at pdi???. Just take the car to the dealers and show them and change the bumper.
Old 27th April 2009, 09:50   #50
BHPian

If the dealer does not heed, write a mail to Mangesh @ FIAT. Always writing to Mangesh, will speed up the work to be carried on your car.

Regards,
Mahadev
Old 27th April 2009, 14:11   #51
BHPian

Quote:

Thats a big difference. Check out my red in my review thread; it is the same colour.

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 27th April 2009, 17:41   #52
BHPian

looks awesome, feels sexy

yeah the bumper thing. its different get it checked. it seems fishy.

Last edited by Caramelo : 27th April 2009 at 17:42.
Old 27th April 2009, 18:27   #53
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Hi Neotraveller,

Congrats on your ride.

There is a mismatch for sure. As recommended by others, please have it taken up with the service centre/showroom.

I guess this is one of the problems related to taking delivery during the late evenings.
Old 27th April 2009, 18:47   #54
Senior - BHPian

that bumper is all wrong. get it replaced and get an explanation. i suspect they damaged it while shipping and replaced without telling you.
Old 28th April 2009, 11:43   #55
BHPian

update

The service center inspected my car yesterday and they have contacted Fiat factory regarding this.
I questioned them if they repainted my car, they were saying that it came like that from the factory. Normally you can expect that the bumper would look a bit different from body.

Interestingly I checked out 2 cars at the dealer's lot and found that one of them had this mismatched bumper. Other one was fine (only little difference like it should be). Seems like there was a batch of cars with bad paint job.
Waiting to see what happens.

Last edited by neotraveller : 28th April 2009 at 11:44.
Old 28th April 2009, 12:19   #56
Senior - BHPian

I agree that body color and bumper color may vary a bit, but not that prominent.

And this can not happen at the factory for sure. Otherwise dealer would not accepted the car lot. To me it looks that it has happened with dealer and its repainted.

Quote:
The service center inspected my car yesterday and they have contacted Fiat factory regarding this.
I questioned them if they repainted my car, they were saying that it came like that from the factory. Normally you can expect that the bumper would look a bit different from body.

Interestingly I checked out 2 cars at the dealer's lot and found that one of them had this mismatched bumper. Other one was fine (only little difference like it should be). Seems like there was a batch of cars with bad paint job.
Waiting to see what happens.
Old 28th April 2009, 12:29   #57
BANNED

neo - I revisited the pics you posted earlier. It also shows the color difference in body & bumper. which means that difference was always there. Shoot a mail to fiat with those delivery pics attached
Old 28th April 2009, 12:44   #58
BHPian

can you guys post email ids of relevant Fiat officials?
Its better to check with them also if the mismatch was indeed at the factory (like what the dealer claims).
Right now the escalation level of my issue is till Tata motors(south zone).

or maybe dealer repainted because of scratches/damages.
I feel the car is nice and it doesn't have much problems like what other people reported regarding steering wheel noise/rattles etc.
Hope it is just a bad paint job and nothing major.

Last edited by neotraveller : 28th April 2009 at 12:46.
Old 28th April 2009, 12:54   #59
BHPian

@neo

Trust me it is repainted, I had a small incedent with my rear bumper, got it painted at the dealership, seems like the color mixing is not exact but there is a difference of 5% which is noticable only in the sun.

The paint job is excellent and I was satisfied.You cant really do much except for bringing it to the notice of the dealership post delivery.

Check your P.M.
Old 28th April 2009, 14:23   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
or maybe dealer repainted because of scratches/damages.
I feel the car is nice and it doesn't have much problems like what other people reported regarding steering wheel noise/rattles etc.
Hope it is just a bad paint job and nothing major.
That is the most probable reason. Bumper might have got damaged during unloading.

But why you did not noticed it during delivery? Its very prominent and clearly visible.

BTW, I just checked the previous pics, and it looks like the rear bumper color is also not matching. Correct me if I am wrong

I had similar issue with my SX4 but the difference almost negligible and you can only feel the difference at a particular angle. but recently both the bumpers were replaced due to an accident, and believe me, absolutely no color mismatch. They are better match than original

Last edited by rkbharat : 28th April 2009 at 14:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks