Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2009, 18:46   #61
BHPian

Yes, the rear bumper also has a mismatching color. (although not as severe as the front one).
Got a call from the service center, they will repaint/replace (under warranty) both front and back bumpers to match the body color.

Amazed at the speedy response. Anyway, hope to post Linea-reloaded pics soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post

BTW, I just checked the previous pics, and it looks like the rear bumper color is also not matching. Correct me if I am wrong
Old 28th April 2009, 19:27   #62
Senior - BHPian

Is that a case of FIAT converting the base Active to Emotion which is almost 80% in demand? They didn't expect that much demand for the top model.
Old 28th April 2009, 19:47   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Is that a case of FIAT converting the base Active to Emotion which is almost 80% in demand? They didn't expect that much demand for the top model.
Nope, cause the base active version comes with body-coloured bumpers. So the case of Fiat converting(painting) active to emotion does not come into the picture.
Old 29th April 2009, 11:30   #64
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Yes, the rear bumper also has a mismatching color. (although not as severe as the front one).
Got a call from the service center, they will repaint/replace (under warranty) both front and back bumpers to match the body color.

Amazed at the speedy response. Anyway, hope to post Linea-reloaded pics soon
Good to see Fiat/ Dealer trying to rectify with speedy response. Its also pleasing to note that Fiat seems to be able to excercise control over dealers in terms of timely respondding to customer issues. This has been shared by many owners on t-bhp & I myself have experienced it. They seem to have taken care of this with Tata in their agreement/ terms. Ability of Fiat to excercise control over dealers is a very very good sign, in my mind.

On the other hand, wondering how could have this issue happened in a brand new car? (Neo - try to get reasons from Dealer or Fiat).
  • How could it passed PDI?
  • How could Dealer accepted it if he claims the color diff is from factory?
  • As Neo says even the front & rear bumper have different shades, means there are 3 different shades - body, front & rear bumper.
  • Difficult to believe there are 3 diff shades at factory.
  • Also, Neo saw another car at dealership with the similar difference. Could it have happened that a batch of car in a truck in transit, got their front & rear bumpers damaged & the dealer, in pressure of deliveries, hastily repainted it?
Neo - suggest to go for new bumpers instead of repainting it, if possible. You never know if they sand off this faulty color & if they do not, who knows the upper layer may peel off or if some scratches happen in future, the faulty colour below may raise its ugly head.
Old 29th April 2009, 17:48   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
  • How could it passed PDI?
  • How could Dealer accepted it if he claims the color diff is from factory?
  • As Neo says even the front & rear bumper have different shades, means there are 3 different shades - body, front & rear bumper.
  • Difficult to believe there are 3 diff shades at factory.
  • Also, Neo saw another car at dealership with the similar difference. Could it have happened that a batch of car in a truck in transit, got their front & rear bumpers damaged & the dealer, in pressure of deliveries, hastily repainted it?
It could have passed the PDI if the service inspector was color blind.
The dealer could have accepted it as there is a huge demand for emotion pack and he could sell off the vehicle, if he gets a chance and that was what was done.
There are no 3 shades in the factory. The colour difference creeps up if the body and the bumper painted from different batches of the same flamenco red paint ( no 2 batches are alike even in wall paints) or if 3 coats of paint was sprayed instead of 2. Or may be its a case of mismatch of bumpers painted for 3 different cars.
The last thing can also be a good possibility
Old 1st May 2009, 20:40   #66
BHPian

500km update

I had done 450km till now in bumper-to-bumper traffic.
Average speed (MID): 18 kmph
max speed: 50 kmph
avg engine rpm: 1500-2000
max Engine rpm: 2500
AC ON 90% of time
Mileage (MID): 9.2 kmpl
Mileage(tankfull): 9 kmpl

Thought it was high time my Linea needs to experience some higher speeds.
Went for a 50km drive today on relatively free roads, here are the stats:

Average speed (MID): 35 kmph
max speed: 90 kmph
avg engine rpm: 3000
max Engine rpm: 3500-4000
AC ON 100% of time
Mileage (MID): 11.5kmpl

This is the first time my Linea was taken to such speeds. It was a normal road, so coundn't go above 90 kmph for safety reasons.
I noticed the pickup is really good at those rpms/speeds and the car glides. You wouldn't even realize that you are already at 90.
Areas of concern:
- I was in 4th/5th gears at 80-90 speeds (rpm was 3500-4000). The car was really groaning loudly.
- Accelerator pedal feels rough/vibrating at high speeds. Maybe the engine roughness is being felt in the pedal.
Old 1st May 2009, 23:30   #67
BANNED

[quote]
Quote:
- I was in 4th/5th gears at 80-90 speeds (rpm was 3500-4000). The car was really groaning loudly.
quote]
That is the damn tyre noise. God, how can it go away?
Old 2nd May 2009, 08:40   #68
BHPian

hey neo the mismatch surely kills the looks. get it rectified immediately and post the beauty again
Old 2nd May 2009, 11:43   #69
BANNED

neo

Have you s done the Paint protection treatment on your Linea? I mean the one by 3M or by The Professional Car Care Centre (I guess TPC3 does valuguard)
Old 2nd May 2009, 13:58   #70
BHPian

yeah. I still haven't found time to send the car out to workshop for repainting.

After repainting, I will try to see this paint protection. Maybe worth it.
I wonder how many years it lasts?
Old 3rd May 2009, 07:43   #71
Senior - BHPian

I have done that in my car. It is of great value in maintaining the car. And the car looks gleaming too.
Old 3rd May 2009, 18:27   #72
BHPian

another 100km drive

Another long drive 100km, Went to chilkur balaji temple today morning.

First 40km without AC
FE: 14.5kmpl

Next 60 km full AC

overall trip

dist: 100km
AC: 60% AC
FE: 12.5kmpl
speeds: (mostly 50 - 90) avg 40kmph

While coming back, we went on the new 4-lane expressway towards Hitec City.
Touched 140, car felt really stable. I remember when we drove our cousin's NHC, after 120 it was really stressed. Whereas Linea looked like it wanted more. Of course, in Linea we were 2 ppl, but in NHC it was 5 ppl. So have to keep things in perspective too.
The revs were kept below 3000rpm so, it took a while to get to that speed.
The braking abilities are legendary, 80-0 almost instantly.

Now ODO at 600km. Still long way to go before I really rip it.

Last edited by neotraveller : 3rd May 2009 at 18:29.
Old 4th May 2009, 00:12   #73
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
I have done that in my car. It is of great value in maintaining the car. And the car looks gleaming too.
Ashvin

pls post details - name of the treatement you did. how much cost? how long will it last as per the guy who did it?
Old 31st May 2009, 09:25   #74
BHPian

sunfilm

Have to put sunfilm on my Linea.

Not only for blocking the hot sun but also to get some darker tint. With all this admiration guaranteed stuff, there's side effects too - it's become embarassing when people are staring at the car and then us!

The legal 50% film seems too light and i can probably get away with 35% film.
I have shortlisted 4 films (rates for whole car except front windshield):
Normal - 3M SP35 : Rs.3000
Premium - 3M CS35/RE35 : Rs.4800

Normal - Llumar SR35 silver series: Rs.2200
Premium - Llumar SR35 platinum series: Rs.7500

Questions:
1) Whats difference between 3M RE & CS series? Which is better?
I think RE is metallized & CS is not. Metallized films block cellphone/GPS reception?
2) The premium films look a lot lighter than the normal films. Though both have VLT @ 35%. Does this mean that normal 50 film = premium 35 film and going for premium film will be in line with RTA rules?
3) Some people have reported that the sunfilm on rear-windshield seems to diffract light and you will see 20 headlights for 1 car! How to ensure that this doesnot happen?
4) Is a Warranty card provided with installation. Also what will be the terms of warranty?
Old 31st May 2009, 09:35   #75
BHPian

Quote:
3) Some people have reported that the sunfilm on rear-windshield seems to diffract light and you will see 20 headlights for 1 car! How to ensure that this doesnot happen?
4) Is a Warranty card provided with installation. Also what will be the terms of warranty?
Point 3 is right. There is light diffraction on rear windshield which i found funny on day 1 but now i am very used to it and have zero issue and dont even notice it.
I have put Llumar films for six thousand bucks and it covered all possible glasses in the car including the quarter glasses. No warranty card was provided ( i did check on that).

Also, i guess there is a comparison on the Films in another Linea ownership thread , geeash has put it i guess. Please check.

Most Viewed