Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2009, 00:13   #91
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

I hope I have not mislead you. All my cars have sunfilm on them. The sides and the ear take the same light grey from Garware Classic. It is both for a little privacy as well as to aid AC performance.

This shade in my opinion hardly hampers view even at night except in completely unlit places.
Nope. You mentioned darker tints whereas I personally have issues with even lighter shades. Very very rare people like me have such issues. But then thats how I am.
Old 2nd June 2009, 10:06   #92
BHPian

what happened to the bumper neo?
did you get it repainted from the dealer?
Old 2nd June 2009, 11:01   #93
BHPian

Linea reloaded

Yeah I took care of the bumper repainting 3 weeks back.
Had to leave the car there for 2 days. Overall satisfied with the results Although there are some minor imperfections in the paint finish ... small nicks, paint drops etc ... can only see them if you observe closely. I don't remember how it was before repainting.
I think the mismatch is gone now almost, but i still see it when the car is parked in shade, maybe thats normal plastic vs metal reflectivity issue.

Excellent quick response from Autofin service.
TATATATA .... I'm loving it

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
what happened to the bumper neo?
did you get it repainted from the dealer?
Here's some comparison pics.
Attached Thumbnails
One more Linea story? ... here you go-linea-003.jpg  

One more Linea story? ... here you go-repaint-003.jpg  

One more Linea story? ... here you go-linea-021.jpg  

One more Linea story? ... here you go-repaint-004.jpg  

Old 2nd June 2009, 14:12   #94
Senior - BHPian

I see no difference in colour after repainting from the photos. Great work done.
Old 2nd June 2009, 18:33   #95
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Nope. You mentioned darker tints whereas I personally have issues with even lighter shades. Very very rare people like me have such issues. But then thats how I am.
No problem. To each his own! Your car and your decisions, nobody can say anything.

I have my own idisyncrasies, the latest one is not to use the horn!
Old 2nd June 2009, 20:22   #96
BHPian

octane rating

guys, you know what.
Today I noticed a sticker on a car driving in front of me. Santro or something. Couldn't take photo as that guy sped away by time I took out my phone cam.
It read:
Indian Oil Xtra Premium - 91 Octane petrol

It looked like an official sticker from IOC and maybe used as an ad?
Maybe that guy was an IOC employee.

Felt happy that I am using the right fuel.

Last edited by neotraveller : 2nd June 2009 at 20:24.
Old 4th June 2009, 01:49   #97
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
guys, you know what.
Today I noticed a sticker on a car driving in front of me. Santro or something. Couldn't take photo as that guy sped away by time I took out my phone cam.
It read:
Indian Oil Xtra Premium - 91 Octane petrol

It looked like an official sticker from IOC and maybe used as an ad?
Maybe that guy was an IOC employee.

Felt happy that I am using the right fuel.
That could be an old sticker 3-4 years back when it used to be 91-octane. I also used it the 2nd time I refilled the tank.
Then I spoke to IOC official. He said they can guarantee only 88-Octane though most of the time what we may get would be 90+ Octane. But they won't guarantee it means they cant quote 91-octane. Then I asked but it used to be 91-octane earlier. SO he said yes 3-4 years back they launched it but then as their penetration into semi-metro & rural towns increased, it became difficult for them to supply different octane petrol in differnet cities hence they made it uniform.

I checked websites of every oil company. None claims any octane-level & are totally silent. Its turning out to be a mystary. I spoke to other co. officials also. HP guys say they can guarantee only 89-octane. Only BP guy said theirs is 91-octane but I doubt if it is
Old 14th June 2009, 20:30   #98
BHPian

Floor mats

I also want to put rubber mats (transparent) over my carpet mats.
Can anyone tell me how much yours costed?
Hope these are thin enough (already there's carpet mats on base mat)

I enquired in a car-decor shop and he said they are for 650rs for set of 4.
I also want to put a boot mat.

Last edited by neotraveller : 14th June 2009 at 20:31.
Old 15th June 2009, 09:48   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I also want to put rubber mats (transparent) over my carpet mats.
Can anyone tell me how much yours costed?
Hope these are thin enough (already there's carpet mats on base mat)
It costed me 650rs. Get one it is pretty useful.
Old 23rd June 2009, 15:05   #100
BHPian

When in stop-go traffic,
When I press and release brake continuously (with a light foot, consider the brakes as half-pressed). Sometimes the break pedal seems to freeze-up momentarily and becomes hard.
Just curious, has anyone experienced this?

Its a dangerous situation that brake seems to lock-up. I have to practise this on an empty stretch to successfully reproduce it in front of the service people.
Old 23rd June 2009, 15:44   #101
Senior - BHPian

Strange it has never happened in mine. By the by did you finish your first service??
Old 23rd June 2009, 16:12   #102
Senior - BHPian

yes for me too i never happened.
I'll check it in my car while going back.
But in Chennai,you used to rest our leg in brake pedal often.
so we could have found this problem before you, if it persists.
Old 23rd June 2009, 16:52   #103
BANNED

nope, never experienced this brak locking up. suggest you check again & if persisting, visit service station
Old 23rd June 2009, 23:39   #104
BHPian

Meet with Fiat Corporate Quality person

I got a call yesterday from TATA motors regarding the mail I sent them. They said that a person from Fiat are visiting for some Grande Punto stuff and wanted to see my case also. So went to service center today to meet the person from "Fiat - Corporate Quality".

1) Chrome beadings falling off issue
Imported glue problem. He gave few beadings to CRM and said if they fall off, I get free replacement. Itseems they changed to indian glue and also changed the design of the chrome beadings setup slightly for the new Lineas.

2) Seat-height coming down automatically in 2-3 days
He said that my guess was probably right (thigh touching the lever).
He said that they decided to change the angle for the lever (on case to case basis to people who are having this problem) so that it stays low even in the top position.
I asked for a permanent solution- He said redesign of the whole mechanism is a big thing as they have to work with Fiat-Italy and also promised that if it was necessary will also be done.
Itseems a person in Bangalore has been deputed to take care of this and will specially come down to fix at customer locations whosoever has this problem.

3) Poor interior plastics
He agreed that Fiat had to do some cost-cutting and this was one area that seems to have been affected. But he assured that they are not as bad as they appear. In any case, if something breaks, they will replace it.

4) The fusebox lid under the steering is loose
They improved the clips that hold it in place (made them fatter to hold it better).
He had those new clips and they put it in my car. Still a bit lose but the play has been reduced.

5) Bumper mismatch issue (for my Linea)
He said that a few such cases had occured and uptil now Lineas were painted at TATA facility.
It will not occur for new Lineas now as they have a state-of-the art painting facility in Fiat factory for Punto and Linea.
Maybe this is the reason for Punto's awesome paint finish! Damn I wonder if new Lineas will look better than ours.

6) Mysterious Tow-hook issue
He said that he was aware that someone fwded Hi-resolution pics of this thing (TBHP effect!). He dint have a clue as to what could have caused this. He said there are different lots of bumpers and all. They are trying to find out the root cause.

7) Had general talk with him.
- They are trying really hard to get feedback from customers and devising ways to tackle them.
- He appreciated that I took the time to mail highlighting these issues. Customer feedback from initial Linea owners is crucial for them.
- Smaller issues they are trying to fix it themselves. The bigger ones that require redesign are being forwarded to Fiat-Italy.
- No change in plastics of Punto. Exact same as Linea. All these are controlled by TATA motors's dealers.
- He also mentioned his interactions with various customers across india, their complaints:
BluenMe not recognizing accents,
lack of remote control to music system
Lack of mudflaps
I added my complaints too - Default AC should re-circulate, Media Player should be controlled from Music system also (for enabling co-passengers).

8) All in all he was trying to project that this is such a wonderful car - the features, solid build quality, safety features and all - a first in India. And never before seen unlike the typical mautis.
He gave some tips (most of which I already knew thanks to TBHP discussions).
- It seems the correct position of the wiper blades when they rest (I guess in case you change the blades) can be found easily through small small guide dots on the windscreen.
- Also in the event of accident, the bonnet/body will crumple outwards and not inwards thus saving passengers.
- Apparently we will never need underbody protection coating / paint protection treatment as they have maintained those high standards already.

Luckily, they just got mudflaps today! So put them on, paid 525rs.
Asked them to put black screws so that everything looks black. Although I hate those autorickshaw-like mudflaps (we dont have a choice do we).

Last edited by neotraveller : 23rd June 2009 at 23:56.
Old 24th June 2009, 07:40   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He said that he was aware that someone fwded Hi-resolution pics of this thing (TBHP effect!).
That was none other than me!!. I have spoken to mangesh too regarding this issue. they have promised that they will revert back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks