Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2009, 09:01   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Anil. I was waiting for your review until flyingspur pointed me in the right direction. Get tyre upgrade soon with pics.

Also keep me updated on fuel efficiency. After my first tank full i got 5.95 in my AT and now will do another tank full in a few days.

Enjoy the AT!!!
Old 22nd April 2009, 14:30   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Also keep me updated on fuel efficiency. After my first tank full i got 5.95 in my AT and now will do another tank full in a few days.
Tejas 5.95 I hope you meant 15.95. 6 KMPL is a very poor mileage for AT
Old 22nd April 2009, 14:41   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
So I said coolly to her ok please refund me my money back with interest right now. She said sir invoicing has already been done for 31st March & blah. I told her ma’am the last date for paying sales tax is 21st April, so please don’t kid me, I want my money back.
Hey did not understand the meaning of the last date for paying sales tax is 21st April.

regards
Old 22nd April 2009, 22:07   #49
BHPian

Got new footwear!

Upgraded from 155/80 R13 to 175/70 R13 Michelin XM1+
Alloy Rims 5J x 13

Will upload pics & a driving report tomorrow...

--
Sent from my BB
Old 23rd April 2009, 09:14   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
I believe this is a standard feature that is available in all (finger crossed) auto boxes. A sudden acceleration will downshift the gear and is used for quicker acceleration.

But a good pointer for people who are starting out with A/T's.
Yup i tried it yesterday, works well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Yeah it's a standard feature known as kickdown. Also, you can excercise some sort of control over the gears in an A/T actually, in D mode, by modulating the extent that the accelerator pedal is pressed. For example, if you've pressed it down about 3/4th of the depth for some acceleration and then almost lift-off / bring it to about 1/4th depth, the gearbox will sense this and shift up another gear. This is from personal experience.

Anyway, here's something from the vast depths of team-bhp's enriched knowledge to help you out.

Thread 1

Thread 2

There are many more than these, look them up.
thanks for the info. team-bhpedia!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Using kickdown mode too frequently would be a sure shot way of dirving down the fuel effeciency.

Use Kickdown more in the highways for overtaking in a hurry. For most normal usage aviod the Kickdown mode.

The Kickdown mode obviously strains the engine, transmision and gearbox to the max level. Though they are designed to take it, avoiding too frequent a use is advised. Its similar to downshifting from say the 4th to the 3rd or directly even the 2nd gear at high RPM's, the acceleration and torque availability would go up for the urgent manover that is planned.
Will keep that in mind thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Congrats Anil. I was waiting for your review until flyingspur pointed me in the right direction. Get tyre upgrade soon with pics.

Enjoy the AT!!!
Got the tyres upgraded to 175/70 R13. The tyre guy advised me against 14" (remembered iraghava's words too). The ride has totally transformed and the grip is awesome. Fuel effeciency i have not checked as yet, but the needle is going down pretty fast. But i am ok with it simply for the awesome experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
Tejas 5.95 I hope you meant 15.95. 6 KMPL is a very poor mileage for AT
dude, it's 6kmpl for sure, NOT 16.

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai View Post
Hey did not understand the meaning of the last date for paying sales tax is 21st April.

regards
well the date for filing returns for sales tax every month is 21st normally. This year due to e-filing i think it is now 30th. the CA knows better though. I have made my payment already so i am not bothered about the date now.

Anyways, after the first day of 2 near misses, now the drive has totally transformed. I feel so confident driving this baby now that getting back to the clutch is cumbersome. The powertrain delivery is so buttery smooth and the engine noise is way lower than my Accent Viva Petrol maybe due to the silent chain drive. The change of tyres has done a world of good for the ride, handling, cornering & stability. Clicked some pictures from my blackberry so may not be very clear, but will post more pictures tomorrow. Today i have left my car with the dealer to fit the Free of Cost Accessories. Remote Central Locking, Mud flaps (already put), Additional Rubber Mats, anti-rust Treatment & Body cover (in lieu of Teflon coating). Also before adding these accessories, he will get PDI done at his Service Centre.

Here are the tyre upgrade pics:

My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-img00028200904211810.jpg

My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-img00029200904211811.jpg

My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-img00032200904211933.jpg

My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-img00036200904221317.jpg

Name:  IMG00037200904221317.jpg
Views: 6639
Size:  117.1 KB

My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-img00038200904221330.jpg

My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-img00039200904221330.jpg

more later...

Last edited by anilkalvani : 23rd April 2009 at 09:17.
anilkalvani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2009, 10:48   #51
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on purchasing one of the best AT cars. The alloys look cool.
Old 23rd April 2009, 12:42   #52
Senior - BHPian

Nice choice of rims dude !!
Old 23rd April 2009, 15:01   #53

6 kmph? hmm , I too own i10 Magna Auto ( 2 and a half months - 4700 KMs) ... On bangalore roads it gave me 9 to 10 KMPH consistently. Dunno why your i10 is so low on mileage. I suggest you check up with Hyundai guys.

Highway ride is quite satisfactory. Gave me a milage of 14+ .. I made a trip to pondicheery and the experience was quite good. Max speed was 130 KMPH on the NH46.
I would suggest an automatic to all driving in the city. Unfortunately we do not have much choice. BTW .. after I got my i10 Automatic .. my collegues were so impressed that we have 4 of them at our parking lot.
Old 23rd April 2009, 15:02   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Congrats on purchasing one of the best AT cars. The alloys look cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Nice choice of rims dude !!
Thanks both of you. The Test drive vehicle was not properly maintained i feel because when i drive my own car, even though its still not run-in, its way smoother. I think that TD vehicles are really badly abused. Just for an example, the sales guy who brought me the i20 started the ignition with the a/c on and when he changed the gear he was pressing half clutch. Also during the i10, the a/c was on. The car is seriously silent & a hoot to drive. I was going to buy White alloys but the mechanic at the alloy shop advised me against it saying its better to go for a 'evergreen' look & design. I think i made a good decision in the end. Will post better pics tomorrow.
Old 23rd April 2009, 16:06   #55
BHPian

6 kmpl !!!!!

A problem in either car or petrol pump for sure.

Check it out man.
Old 23rd April 2009, 16:39   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul95ee17 View Post
6 kmph? hmm , I too own i10 Magna Auto ( 2 and a half months - 4700 KMs) ... On bangalore roads it gave me 9 to 10 KMPH consistently. Dunno why your i10 is so low on mileage. I suggest you check up with Hyundai guys.

Highway ride is quite satisfactory. Gave me a milage of 14+ .. I made a trip to pondicheery and the experience was quite good. Max speed was 130 KMPH on the NH46.
I would suggest an automatic to all driving in the city. Unfortunately we do not have much choice. BTW .. after I got my i10 Automatic .. my collegues were so impressed that we have 4 of them at our parking lot.
Well i have not got that mileage, tejas has. I have not checked the mileage as yet. I presume that the mileage will improve once you rattle up some miles on the ODO. did you do your highway run on stock tyres? 130kmph? Impressive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
6 kmpl !!!!!

A problem in either car or petrol pump for sure.

Check it out man.
Well the initial mileage is very low from what i have heard and users here on team-bhp
Old 23rd April 2009, 16:46   #57
BHPian

It's before the first service, should improve post the first servicing.
Old 23rd April 2009, 19:50   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Well i have not got that mileage, tejas has. I have not checked the mileage as yet. I presume that the mileage will improve once you rattle up some miles on the ODO. did you do your highway run on stock tyres? 130kmph? Impressive!
Yes that was 130 KMPH on stock tyres. But then NH46 ( Chennai- Bangalore highway ) is smooth as butter ( only the part in tamil nadu though ).
I know I could have gone a wee bit faster then that , but then my wife was freaking out
Old 23rd April 2009, 21:39   #59
BHPian

@redeff
I hope it does improve, for sure.

@rahul
130 on stocks must be scary, don't try it again or check ur tyre ratings. For e.g. The tyres I have have a rating 82H implying 82=475kgs max load and H=210kmph. Enjoy ur car!
Old 23rd April 2009, 22:03   #60
Senior - BHPian

Great choice of rims for your car. They look perfect on the white car. Your mileage should improve after your first service. It is always good to drive an AT with a light foot too. 6 kpl is too less.But dont worry, it will go up for sure. With sedate driving I dont see why you wont get 10 kpl. My OHC AT gives me that.

Most Viewed