Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2009, 18:42   #91
sdh
BHPian

It is about 280 KM now, just one week old car.
Old 26th April 2009, 22:36   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdh View Post
It is about 280 KM now, just one week old car.
Have you upgraded your tyres or are you on stocks? The guy at A1 Hyundai claims that driving on OEM stock tyres gives optimum Fuel efficiency.

Having driven only 170kms now because of being busy, I can now safely say that I have made a good decision. Rest depends on Hyundai's A-S-S which I hope will not let me down, it never had for 5 1/2 years. Downshifting by full pedalling the accelerator is sweet and am enjoying the experience. Already thinking of selling my not even a year old Logan and getting a Diesel automatic Verna, very tempting! But I won't. But I have my doubts with just a 4-speed for a 110bhp diesel monster. Can anyone throw some light?

--
Sent from my BB
Old 27th April 2009, 08:46   #93
BHPian

Am sorry yesterday din't happen, was at Carter's for just a while but din't see the sense in just meeting up with one person as Mr. Going to Goa was held back in office. Anyways will hope to see it as soon as we can arrange atleast for 4-5 people come.
Old 27th April 2009, 08:51   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeff View Post
Am sorry yesterday din't happen, was at Carter's for just a while but din't see the sense in just meeting up with one person as Mr. Going to Goa was held back in office. Anyways will hope to see it as soon as we can arrange atleast for 4-5 people come.
For sure dude. Sorry for kalti.com but i have a lot on my plate as Goa beckons. By the way, Nice rhetoric "Mr. Going to Goa".

Akshay - flying spur will be out for a month from today. But lets gather others for next Sunday, i'll be back Saturday. Once i'm back i have to spruce up my wheels.
Old 27th April 2009, 10:52   #95
sdh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Have you upgraded your tyres or are you on stocks? The guy at A1 Hyundai claims that driving on OEM stock tyres gives optimum Fuel efficiency.

--
Sent from my BB
I have OEM tyres. Actually if the tyre cicrumference changes, the Odo will get confused as it is calibrated to count wheel rotations. That could be a reason why mielages is affected when upsize is done. This is my guess.
Old 27th April 2009, 11:15   #96
BHPian

Quote:
I have OEM tyres. Actually if the tyre cicrumference changes, the Odo will get confused as it is calibrated to count wheel rotations. That could be a reason why mielages is affected when upsize is done. This is my guess.
That should be a reason for low mileage. But i am willing to sacrifice fuel efficency for better grip, the Stock tyres are pathetic. 155/80 Bridgestone's do not do justice to the 1.2 litre engine. Do keep posting your mileage obtained from time to time. I have been trying my best to keep a light foot, but fail!

Another thing i like in automatics is that even if you are up slope in traffic, the car does not go back and don't have to bother about co-ordinating clutch-acclerator-brakes, simply release brakes and accelerate!
Old 27th April 2009, 11:45   #97
sdh
BHPian

Quote:
That should be a reason for low mileage. But i am willing to sacrifice fuel efficency for better grip, the Stock tyres are pathetic. 155/80 Bridgestone's do not do justice to the 1.2 litre engine.
Well it may only be a perceived error because of the odo calibration error. The actual distance covered on the ground may still be correct. So i you travel real 1km, the odo may show less because you will cover the distance in lower tyre rotations as the tyre is bigger. So basically if you have upsized, you can not rely on the odo reading for distance covered. I had that issue with my Palio. The initial batches had the odo calibrated for tyres used in Brazil and fiat here fitted bigger tyres and did no recalibrate the odo. This may have been one of the reasons Palio took beating on the mileage initially. They corrected that error later I understand.

With your upgrade, got hte following info from Tire size calculator
When spedo is showing 100kmph, it is actually 99.5kmph. The stock tyre circumference is 1816.5mm and upgraded tyre circumference is 1807.0mm

Last edited by sdh : 27th April 2009 at 12:03.
Old 27th April 2009, 12:44   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Well it may only be a perceived error because of the odo calibration error. The actual distance covered on the ground may still be correct. So i you travel real 1km, the odo may show less because you will cover the distance in lower tyre rotations as the tyre is bigger. So basically if you have upsized, you can not rely on the odo reading for distance covered. I had that issue with my Palio. The initial batches had the odo calibrated for tyres used in Brazil and fiat here fitted bigger tyres and did no recalibrate the odo. This may have been one of the reasons Palio took beating on the mileage initially. They corrected that error later I understand.

With your upgrade, got hte following info from Tire size calculator
When spedo is showing 100kmph, it is actually 99.5kmph. The stock tyre circumference is 1816.5mm and upgraded tyre circumference is 1807.0mm
I actually did visit the same site for the information but i had to sacrifice it as you know you don't get everything in life. What tyre has been provided on your car? Bridgestone or MRF? Are you planning to upgrade your tyres?
Old 27th April 2009, 12:49   #99
sdh
BHPian

Stock tyres are Bridgestone and I havent thought about upgrading the tyres so far. I am somehow not comfortable changing. I believe the car designers would have put these tyres for some reason.
Old 27th April 2009, 13:19   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Stock tyres are Bridgestone and I havent thought about upgrading the tyres so far. I am somehow not comfortable changing. I believe the car designers would have put these tyres for some reason.
just for your information, the stocks provided on the UK version of the i10 are 175/60 R14

See
Hyundai | New Cars | I10 | Technical

and click on tyres - radial ply

Do you think they calibrate it for different configurations? Just want to know as it may help us. Also another tbhp member Jesal gave a good pointer of maintaining 33psi as his tyre setup is the same as mine. Guess that may help improve my car's f.e.
Old 27th April 2009, 17:33   #101
BHPian

wow. it takes the fun and exitment of buying a new car away when i read such stories.

all this is because of lack of communication. and indian attitude. these sales people need some butt whooping. lolz .

anyways car. auto must be a breeezeee to drive.
Old 27th April 2009, 18:35   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
wow. it takes the fun and exitment of buying a new car away when i read such stories.

all this is because of lack of communication. and indian attitude. these sales people need some butt whooping. lolz .

anyways car. auto must be a breeezeee to drive.
Well thats the norm with Indian dealerships. The do take out all the excitement, but thankfully the product is good. The car is a breeze for sure and automatic is very very addictive. Like i was doing it in the morning on the way to work in the 2nd gear, just accelerating until i heard the grunt of the engine and had to upshift. Specially since my other car is a diesel whose clutch is hard, its two extreme's.
Old 27th April 2009, 22:31   #103
BHPian

Has anybody out here put HID's in their i10. Saw a white i10 on Carter's, had HID's, looked very cool. Any pointers guys? How much do they cost? Will the current battery support it?

--
Sent from my BB
Old 27th April 2009, 22:39   #104
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Has anybody out here put HID's in their i10. Saw a white i10 on Carter's, had HID's, looked very cool. Any pointers guys? How much do they cost? Will the current battery support it?

--
Sent from my BB
you can get a decent pair for about 6-8k. they are less wattage than your current 55/60w headlamps so the battery will be fine.
Old 27th April 2009, 22:44   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
you can get a decent pair for about 6-8k. they are less wattage than your current 55/60w headlamps so the battery will be fine.
Thanks Akshay, where can I get it from? Can you suggest any place between Bandra and Andheri? Any warranty issues?

--
Sent from my BB

Last edited by anilkalvani : 27th April 2009 at 22:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks