Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2009, 22:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

sudipta,
1) open the pic in MS paint
2) click on image
3) click on 'stretch/skew'
4) horizontal & vertical would be 100 each, reduce to 80 or 60 each.
Old 21st April 2009, 01:00   #17
Senior - BHPian

Another Refreshed Scorp on board Team BHP! Congrats Sudipta! The SUV looks super in white!
Old 21st April 2009, 01:14   #18
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Sudipta on your new car. White has an elegance of its own. Although it also catches the rub marks (black streaks) like a magnet. This happens mostly on the traffic signals where the motorcyclists and autos of hyderabad try to squeeze in through invisible gaps to reach the top of the line. The hot silencer pipes of the bikes are a major culprit. So be cautious.

On a sidenote, do you live somewhere near Dundigal?
Old 21st April 2009, 07:27   #19
BHPian

Thanks a lot Raj for you tip, I tried quickly to do the same and this is what I managed in 5 mins with 3 pictures.

@ Razor: thanks for your compliments, my wife choose the colour. She is a black maniac, but this time she picked white (to my surprise)

@ Zappo: I stay between Myiapur and Hyderanagar. Also I have the paint protection due from the dealer which I told them will take during my first service. Hope that will be of some help. Also suggest me if there is any thing specific I can do during her weekly shampoo to keep her sparkling and avoid permanent spots. I usually use hair shampoo sachet to wash my cars.
Attached Thumbnails
Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-parking.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-parking-balcony.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-white-lady-home.jpg  

Old 21st April 2009, 09:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

she looks gorgeous. the more i see it, the more i am liking the facelift, even the front chrome walnut grille!

1 suggestion: DO NOT use hair shampoos. you never know what chemicals it may contain & how it may damage the paint. you get a wide range of car shapoos easily, prefer that.
twice in a month, my scorpio gets a shampoo wash. once in 6 months, it gets a thorough cleaning with the pressure pipe including the underbody. you can even opt for teflon coating to keep the paint shining.
Old 21st April 2009, 10:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new car.

Do not use hair shampoo for the car. Here is the link to a nice thread on maintaining car. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...esthetics.html
Old 21st April 2009, 11:25   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the arrival of the car. Alls well that ends well, Good to hear the delivery process went through fine after the initial hiccups.

White is an excellent color choice.
Please post some interior pics as well, yours must be having 2 DIN system, When are you getting the bullbars installed ?

Share your driving experience too with the beast.

You didnt buy 2 yrs 50k extra warranty (available for 9999)? I guess it would be very good to have it with you.

Last edited by tanwaramit : 21st April 2009 at 11:29.
Old 21st April 2009, 11:36   #23
BHPian

Congratulations Sudipta. White sure looks great on the new mhawk. I love the frontal cladding bumpers now have. Gives it a real SUV look.

Interior pics sure would be a bonus Sudipta.
Old 21st April 2009, 12:22   #24
BHPian

Hi All,

I must admit that the I was initially very hesitant on the looks of the Scorpio Refresh. I was not comfortable looking at the silver tooth. But I will agree with Raj, the look is kind of growing on me and that too very fast. We have just done 100 kms and my wife already seems to have a hang of driving this car in 2 days. She is driving to office along with me from yesterday. (IMO and experience, women are fast learner, faster than men in general)

The suspension is much better than the earlier version and this is something a friend also said after doing a small test drive. we both had a chance to drive the 2.6 CRDE and comparing against that.

The only challenge for me is the steering that goes 2 full circle in each direction. I am not habbituated to this as my IKON has a smaller and very sharp steering. But I know it is a matter of getting used to it.

As far as car shampoo is concerned, just called up the Waxpol branch manager at Hyderabad and will get the dealer information in a few mins. I have asked for the following stuff taht I intend to buy for my cars.

1. Ultra Glo Primum Car polish
2. Silky Touch
3. Car Shampoo cum polish
4. Tyre Shine
5. Dashboard Polish

Let me know your thought on the list above.

Regarding the extra warranty, the sales guy old me that I can buy any time before completion of 2 years, but I will get that for sure.

The M&M full front Bull bar is yet to be available for the new model. Hope to get it by a couple of weeks.
Old 21st April 2009, 13:53   #25
Senior - BHPian

Sudipta, you could browse through this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...esthetics.html
Old 21st April 2009, 14:30   #26
BHPian

Congratulations Sudipta! Wish you and wife miles & miles of happy motoring!

Just one thing: since you seem to park the vehicle in the open, ensure you get the common immobilizer code changed ASAP; take the help of the ASC for this.

Cheers & all the best!
Old 21st April 2009, 14:38   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy70 View Post
...Just one thing: since you seem to park the vehicle in the open, ensure you get the common immobilizer code changed ASAP; take the help of the ASC for this...
Good catch there, Jammy!

Sudipta, check with RL on what needs to be done to set your number; I believe he had it changed in his Scorp. Do not let the A.S.S input the new code. This is certainly required.
Old 21st April 2009, 14:55   #28
BHPian

Hi Jammy & Happy wheels,

I did change the code even before I drove out the car from dealership. But it was the service guy who did it for me. The Nipon system has the details also and I know how to change it again. This weekend I plan to do it.

I have also tweaked the system to become shock sensitive and auto lock after ignition on. Also I configured the auto alarm after ignition off and closure of last door (without locking the doors) and auto lock in case we open it and don't get in/open a door within a specified time.

I have all this features in my Autocop for IKON (which I configured myself) and am really at home with these features.

Thanks for reminding me anyways.
Old 21st April 2009, 15:04   #29
Team-BHP Support

Smashing looks and congratz!

Kudos to the dealer for solving your issues, thats what i call as customer service.
Old 21st April 2009, 17:36   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post
Hi Jammy & Happy wheels,

I did change the code even before I drove out the car from dealership. But it was the service guy who did it for me. The Nipon system has the details also and I know how to change it again. This weekend I plan to do it.

I have also tweaked the system to become shock sensitive and auto lock after ignition on. Also I configured the auto alarm after ignition off and closure of last door (without locking the doors) and auto lock in case we open it and don't get in/open a door within a specified time.

I have all this features in my Autocop for IKON (which I configured myself) and am really at home with these features.

Thanks for reminding me anyways.
Sudipta, can you please detail how you did all this on the Nippon system? I am a novice at all these features, since until recently I only drove a Willy's which did not even have doors! I would love to incorporate all that you have done. Please do be patient with me and list everything in detail. I am sure others will benefit as well.

Ah, the good old days of simplicity...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks