Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2009, 16:42   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Sudipta.

Thanks a lot for putting up the picture of the seats in different positions. Looks like if you are 6 or below, all occupants can be seated in decent comfort.
Old 23rd April 2009, 18:53   #62
BHPian

Hi All,

Need help in getting the M&M bullbar (original) from the company. As per the dealer, he doesn't have the one that fits the refresh model. Also he is not in a position to comment on the dates by when he will get them. Does any one has any contact number where we can call and followup to get the bull bar ASAP?

Thanks in advance.
Sudipta
Old 23rd April 2009, 21:06   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post
Hi All,

Need help in getting the M&M bullbar (original) from the company. As per the dealer, he doesn't have the one that fits the refresh model. Also he is not in a position to comment on the dates by when he will get them. Does any one has any contact number where we can call and followup to get the bull bar ASAP?

Thanks in advance.
Sudipta
what do you mean by 'ORIGINAL' bull bars by mahindra? i dont think mahindra manufactures bull bars. as said by many on this forum, it hampers safety, so i dont think mahindra will provide you with bull bars. infact, if you read the manual, it is clearly stated that the company is not responsible for any damages due to such aftermarket accessories.

what the dealer will sell you is a bull bar made by some local manufacturer, not M&M. i would request you to re-confirm this.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 23rd April 2009 at 21:07.
Old 23rd April 2009, 22:53   #64
BHPian

Hi Raj,

I also first thought the same but I actually found that M&M has a set of accessories which they provide from the company. Check out the links I added below. You will find a whole lot of things including the bull bar, roof top career, floor mat, etc.

:: Welcome to Mahindra Scorpio Refresh ::

http://www.mahindrascorpio.com/scorp...s_brochure.pdf
Old 24th April 2009, 10:09   #65
Senior - BHPian

Sudipta, why dont you try calling other dealer may be in the same city or neighbouring cities ? May be they can throw some light.
Old 24th April 2009, 11:55   #66
BHPian

Congratulations on the affair with Your White Lady. White scorpio looks very neat and mean on highways.

As accesories is concerned, take back your payment from the dealer for Bull bar & mats. They lock the money and keep the customer hanging midway. Its better to look the same accesories brand in local market. It will be cheaper and you can get the look and feel before you pay. Bull Bar will scare away other drivers who think they can cut the "L" marked Scorpio.

Also if you intend for Highway drives get a pair of hella on Bull Bar.
Old 24th April 2009, 12:42   #67
Senior - BHPian

sudipta, gr8 pictures of your beast, this really helps one to find the space inside in it, isnt that bad for last row. Lots of front guards,bull bars available in market with good price and quality, why did you prefered from company itself, Raj ordered one which looks awesome on his scorp.
Old 24th April 2009, 14:55   #68
BHPian

when i test drove the scorpio, i noticed 2 switches, i.e. ac-high & ac-low. can someone tell me what are these 2 switches for?
Old 24th April 2009, 14:58   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
when i test drove the scorpio, i noticed 2 switches, i.e. ac-high & ac-low. can someone tell me what are these 2 switches for?
AC Low: Milder cool air. AC High: Supposedly frigid temperatures.

I expected the Air con to be better in this summer heat. Either that or the summer is devilishly getting hotter by the year.
Old 24th April 2009, 15:47   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Raj,

I also first thought the same but I actually found that M&M has a set of accessories which they provide from the company. Check out the links I added below. You will find a whole lot of things including the bull bar, roof top career, floor mat, etc.

:: Welcome to Mahindra Scorpio Refresh ::

http://www.mahindrascorpio.com/scorp...s_brochure.pdf
you are right. i stand corrected.
if you are opting for the ones shown in the brochre, i feel the "aggro" (black powder coated) will look better. somehow, i feel chrome wont gel well with the white colour of your scorpio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
sudipta, gr8 pictures of your beast, this really helps one to find the space inside in it, isnt that bad for last row. Lots of front guards,bull bars available in market with good price and quality, why did you prefered from company itself, Raj ordered one which looks awesome on his scorp.
hey sudipta, if you are planning to go for made-to-order ones (which actually is not made-to-order!) like me, be prepared to wait & spend a little more.
Old 24th April 2009, 17:55   #71
BHPian

Hi All,

A sad day for me today. A bike guy banged on the rear left corner on the bumber, scraping off the paint and left streaks of black marks. Lucky that he left the sensor un-touched. Now you know why I wanted the L mark with a glowsign (but even then also probably he would have done the damage). I am going to leave it that way till the first service as I feel that an untouched car is an envy to all other in the road and they feel the itch to scratch it any which ways.

Regarding the bull bar, got a call from M&M today and they confirmed that the shipment is on it's way to my dealer. As of now it is only shipped against the order. The sticker price is 11500 for that (expensive by my understanding) but as mentioned earlier, it is a part of the deal for me.

Once I get that installed, I have a plan to go for a pair of Auxilary Lights on the Bull Bar. Please advice me on the model of Hella that has xenon fixtures. I looked up the Hella website and there a few options like Rallye, Luminator, Comet etc. and different models thereoff. I got all confused looking at them.
Old 24th April 2009, 19:20   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

A sad day for me today. A bike guy banged on the rear left corner on the bumber, scraping off the paint and left streaks of black marks. Lucky that he left the sensor un-touched. Now you know why I wanted the L mark with a glowsign (but even then also probably he would have done the damage). I am going to leave it that way till the first service as I feel that an untouched car is an envy to all other in the road and they feel the itch to scratch it any which ways.

Regarding the bull bar, got a call from M&M today and they confirmed that the shipment is on it's way to my dealer. As of now it is only shipped against the order. The sticker price is 11500 for that (expensive by my understanding) but as mentioned earlier, it is a part of the deal for me.

Once I get that installed, I have a plan to go for a pair of Auxilary Lights on the Bull Bar. Please advice me on the model of Hella that has xenon fixtures. I looked up the Hella website and there a few options like Rallye, Luminator, Comet etc. and different models thereoff. I got all confused looking at them.

sad to hear that buddy. i know how it feels when you get the first scratch on your car, and i know how difficult it is to maintian a white SUV.

secondly, sorry to say, but you have got a very bad deal for the bullbar. i got mine for 13,000 because it was, as they say, made to order!!! also, mine was imported & made of PU.
yours is a steel bar which should be available for 5000 in the local market.
Old 25th April 2009, 22:45   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

sad to hear that buddy. i know how it feels when you get the first scratch on your car, and i know how difficult it is to maintian a white SUV.

secondly, sorry to say, but you have got a very bad deal for the bullbar. i got mine for 13,000 because it was, as they say, made to order!!! also, mine was imported & made of PU.
yours is a steel bar which should be available for 5000 in the local market.
Sad to hear about the cyclist scratching your SUV.Today I saw a number of bull bars of MAK make with the local Tata dealer. These are priced @ Rs 5 K to & 7.5 K. They also have bull bars for the rear costing about Rs 3 to 3.5 K.
Old 26th April 2009, 12:38   #74
BHPian

Hi All,

Got the following delivered at my home by the company sales guy from Waxpol yesterday afternoon. Now this is Customer Service at it's best.

[SIZE=2]1. Ultra Glo Primum Car polish
2. Silky Touch
3. Car Shampoo cum polish
4. Tyre Shine
5. Dashboard Polish[/SIZE]

I also got a hefty discount of around 25% on each of them. All this just for 575. The manager also said he can do it for others as well.Let me know if anyone needs his number.

Therefore I spent around 3 hours yesterday cleaning and polishing the IKON yesterday evening and 4 hours today morning doing the same with the Scorpio. Will let you know how it performs.
Old 26th April 2009, 15:31   #75
Senior - BHPian

good to hear about your satisfied service, waiting to see your beast with your order of bullbar.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks