Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2009, 16:34   #76
Senior - BHPian

congrats on your buy. and nice set of pics by the way.
I totally agree its an essential to carry something like a bat in your vehicle nowadays.
if any one in Bangalore can hook me up with a bat dealer (base ball )
i know friends with bad experience regarding road rage.
Suggestion: if keeping a weapon (as i would call it) please conceal it under the mats(i think im sounding like a criminal now !!)

Last edited by vinaydas : 26th April 2009 at 16:35.
Old 27th April 2009, 09:46   #77
BHPian

@ Vinay, I need to find a comfortable place to keep the bat. It rolls around while driving. Probably tying with elastic band under the second row will work.
Old 6th May 2009, 16:56   #78
BHPian

Hi All,

Need advice on floor mats for my new Scorpio Refresh. I would like to put on the rubber mats (black or transparent) as the rains are on it's way and the carpet mats that I got free with my car has started accumulating all the grims. They are very tough to clean. I enquired at the showroom and the quoted 1600 for 1 set (transparent 5 piece for 8 seater). I also enquired outside and the prices quoted were between 500 and 900. What do you all suggest I do?
Old 6th May 2009, 17:03   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Man even I am hunting for good rubber floor mats, but I hate the mats I see in the shops. They all look so gaudy and horrible.
Old 6th May 2009, 21:05   #80
BHPian

I found this in the M&M site. I think this is the one they quoted 1600.

Mahindra Automobile Accessories, Mahindra Pik Up, SUV and Commercial Vehicle Accessory, Mahindra Autoworld

I will check out with the dealership tomorrow and update.
Old 6th May 2009, 21:17   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi buddy.

Is the back rest of the third row split? Can you fold the back rest for only part of the third row? Kind of looks looks like that from the pictures but it is not very clear.
Old 6th May 2009, 22:29   #82
BHPian

@ 4X4: In the 8 seater model, the backrest of the 3rd row is not split. Only the second row seat is split.
Old 6th May 2009, 22:38   #83
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

ac low is for lower cooling
ac high for higher cooling

it is usually recommended to leave it on ac low after you start and once the vehicle gets "warmed up" after a km or two you can switch to high.
personally i leave it on low most of the time and in the city keep it on recirc mode. on highways when ac is on, i keep it on fresh mode.
usually use only the first speed of the blower - cools quite efficiently

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
when i test drove the scorpio, i noticed 2 switches, i.e. ac-high & ac-low. can someone tell me what are these 2 switches for?
Old 7th May 2009, 22:18   #84
BHPian

Hi All,

I am looking for some seat covers which is made out of fabric that I can very easily put on and also remove and wash periodically. This will save my original covers from the regular wear and tear. Any suggestions and price indications will be very handy.

@ Raj: I saw the picture of you scorpio in the other forumn. Are the seat covers in your scorpio custom made? They look like fabric to me. How much did it cost you?
Old 8th May 2009, 07:10   #85
Senior - BHPian

yes buddy. the seat covers are fabric as i dont prefer leather for our climatic conditions & they are custom made. They cost me Rs. 6000.
Old 8th May 2009, 11:02   #86
BHPian

Congrats Sudipta on being the proud owner of the beast.. enjoy her and drive safe.
Old 8th May 2009, 17:02   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post
Hi All,

Need advice on floor mats for my new Scorpio Refresh. I would like to put on the rubber mats (black or transparent) as the rains are on it's way and the carpet mats that I got free with my car has started accumulating all the grims. They are very tough to clean. I enquired at the showroom and the quoted 1600 for 1 set (transparent 5 piece for 8 seater). I also enquired outside and the prices quoted were between 500 and 900. What do you all suggest I do?
The showroom transparent ones are good (Smart Mats Heko brand). They have a good grip over the carpet and are reasonably priced. The PaekyPoda ones available in local shops is crap. Dont buy them.
Old 8th May 2009, 22:43   #88
BHPian

Hi All,

After lot of searching and going thru different shops, I finally ended up buying the company transparent mats. I found the grip of the company ones are the best and the quality is also one of the better ones. Now my car has 3 layers under my foot, first the floor matt that sits on the body, second the company carper mats (which is sold as an accessory for 1300, but I got it free) and third the transparent mats for 1600 extra out of my pocket. I still have the 4 small carpet mats that comes with the car (more like a set of door mats that we use in our houses only with 4 small Velcro attached underneath) which I am storing for future use if any.

Tomorrow I will make another trip to the showroom as the new bulbar has arrived. I will post the pictures once I am done.

@Raj: I also share your thoughts on the seat covers.

Does anyone know of any such places at Hyderabad where I can get a fabric seat cover for my Scopio 8 seater?

@Anirban: Thanks for the kind words.

Last edited by sudipta : 8th May 2009 at 22:44.
Old 9th May 2009, 16:08   #89
BHPian

It never seems to go smooth with my Scorpio dealer and me when it comes to new stuff whether it is the car or the floor mat. I came to know they don't accept credit card for extended warranty. Also they charge 2.5 % extra if you are paying thru credit card for the accessories. The last one happened today when I got a call in the morning to be informed that the bulbars they have received are having scratch marks and therefore will not be able to deliver/fit the same today. So I will have to wait for next week again.

Sheer bad luck I would say. Hope it limits only to the delivery and not to the maintenance/servicing of my car.
Old 9th May 2009, 20:22   #90
BHPian

sudipta congrats on your purchase of the 'open mouth tiger' it certainly is!

I think it is the first one micro hybrid in the forum, please correct me if I am wrong. At least it is the first one with mycrobrid - baseball technology. I do share the same feeling with many of you on the safety feeling of having that inside!

One thing which I noticed and liked is the OVRM, their dual color and they are bigger than earlier versions.

and please change your L Board to something pretty, and sorry to hear that scratch incident.

All the best and looking forward for more pics with bull bar, thanks for all earlier pics, nice seeing them. I always admire the scorp - who knows!

Regards!

Most Viewed