Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2009, 11:38   #91
Senior - BHPian

atleast good to know that scratches were found itself at dealer's place and you were informed well in advance regarding that, shows the mahindra's good dealer network, keep updating and waiting for new pics.
Old 31st May 2009, 09:48   #92
BHPian

Bulbar and plastic floormat

Hi All,

It's been really long time since I came to T-bhp. Work was keeping me busy as usual.

Finally found time to click the pictures with the bulbar and the plastic transparent floor mats. The bulbar came free as a part of the deal with the dealer (M&M cost 11500) and the floor mat cost me 1600. I must say that the floor mat is very easy to clean the floor and keep the carpet clean as well. Currently I have 3 layers under my foot.

1. The body carpet that sits right on the metal.
2. The carpet floor mat (M&M price 1300) that came as a part of the deal.
3. The transparent plastic floor mat on the top of all.

I still have the 4-piece mat that came with the car (looks like the small door mats with Velcro underneath at each corner)

Also the L board is gone now as my wife feels more comfortable driving without that. Seems like the folks out in the road is paying her more respect without that.
Attached Thumbnails
Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-sa550538.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-sa550542.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-sa550543.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-sa550495.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-sa550539.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-sa550537.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-sa550536.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-sa550540.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-sa550541.jpg  

Old 31st May 2009, 10:20   #93
Senior - BHPian

nice pics buddy. the bull bar is looking good. even i have 3 sets of mats in my scorpio. the body carpet, the "door mat" which you mentioned & then this same plastic mat on top of it. apart from this, i have done a "plastic lamination" of the floor which covers the entire floor from front to back with a thick sheet of plastic, like they do in lamination. this protects the beige colour.
Old 31st May 2009, 16:03   #94
Senior - BHPian

Sudipta welcome back after a gap, pics look nice. The Bullbar looks good, M&M has made it nice.
Old 4th September 2009, 19:56   #95
BHPian

First free service for the white lady

Helo All,

I am back and looking to catch up with all the actions that I have missed for the last 3 months.

To start with, I will describe my experience for the first service of my Scorpio. I gave a call to the works manager on 7th Aug (4 month was up by 16th Aug and the car was done around 3000 kms) and was honestly surprised to find he remembers my name (may be from all the drama that happened during the delivery). He immediately gave me a time for 8th Aug at 10:00 am and mentioned that he will hand it back to us by 1:00 pm same day. Needless to state that I was very pleased to hear that I will get it back by 3 hours and to my surprise, he kept the mechanic (who helped me during the delivery) available for my car. I reached the workshop at Jedimetla before time and handed over the car. The customer Lounge is the best place to keep an eye on your Scorpio while it is being serviced. It is a floor above the workshop with a complete glass wall overseeing the complete service floor. All the work was done to my satisfaction. The car was cleaned thoroughly and returned by 1:00 pm sharp. I must admit I am thrilled by the experience and was surprised by the level of customer attention M&M and its *** are pressed to. Special thanks to Mr. Srikanth for personally overlooking the work.

A small rubber that is hooked up in the door (like buffer on the top corner, looks like a small arrowhead) was lost in the process of cleaning which Mr. Srikanth arranged to be sent over to my place the very next day morning. All I had to do was giving a call and tell him that the rubber is missing.

I got the customary form to be filled and 3 calls in the next few days to confirm all is fine with the vehicle. Needless to state all is very well and the car has become smoother post the service. My wife is roaring with this car and refuses to get into a sedan any more.
Old 5th September 2009, 10:41   #96
Senior - BHPian

@ sudipta: good to hear that buddy. mahindra is indeed working to improve its customer service & looks like its working.
Old 8th September 2009, 11:12   #97
BHPian

Last Sunday, I got my Scorpio polished by the showroom guys (Mahindra Paint Protection). This was part of the purchase deal. They used Waxoyl products and the rotary machine to polish the painted surface. Then they used something called as paint sealent (never seen it before) also from the same company. It looks like a sponge pad which has a white solution packet inside and only comes out post piercing the sponge. Any one here has any clue about what this is and how good/bad is it for the paint?
Old 8th September 2009, 15:00   #98
Senior - BHPian

sudpita, hey good to hear back from you and also your pleasant experience with service centre.Mahindra is looking forward to better customer experience with their products and a smile like your after that first service.Whats the FE you are getting now after service and did you got your seat covers if so do post pictures.Happy MHawking!
Old 10th September 2009, 20:21   #99
BHPian

Hi Vijay,

I did get the seat covers done. After a lot of thinking, we again landed at the showroom to get the seatcovers. It took around 2 hours to put them on. These are leather ones (not sure which type) and camel (cream) colour. This really helps to keep the original covers clean. Also I negotiated the price to 5000 for the complete set. I will click a few picts and put them up for all over the weekend.

FE not checked yet but it should be around 10 with AC in the city. Didn't get any chance to go to highway.

Last edited by sudipta : 10th September 2009 at 20:24.
Old 14th September 2009, 09:28   #100
BHPian

New Seat Cover

Here are the photos for the new seat covers. I am very satisfied with the quality (may be because I havent seen anything better) as they are a good fit and no pins used anywhere in the process (though they did provide in the pack, the "S" types).
Attached Thumbnails
Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-seat-1.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-seat-2.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-seat-3.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-seat-4.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-seat-5.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-seat-6.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-seat-7.jpg  

Old 14th September 2009, 10:24   #101
Senior - BHPian

the seat covers look nice & for 5000, its a great deal!
Old 14th September 2009, 13:20   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Are these OEM seat covers? They have fit very well.
Old 14th September 2009, 13:38   #103
Senior - BHPian

the seat covers looks cool and with the price you paid superb deal.
Old 16th September 2009, 10:01   #104
BHPian

@ Raj_5004: Thanks for the kind words, I am using the seat covers for 2 months now and they are very comfortable and easy to clean. Use some cleaner to remove the dirt makrs and then use leather polish to keep them shining.

@4x4addict: Yes, these are OEM seat covers and I had to wait to get them shipped from Mahindra. The dealer only ordered back to back as he never has any accessories for the new model. I guess not many folks goes the OEM way for the accessories. The bullbar took 3 weeks to come in, the seat covers took one week. It really is a good fit.

@Vijaythacker: Thanks for the compliments. I am totally satisfied with the quality and fit as of now and maintenance is a breeze.
Old 22nd April 2012, 11:07   #105
BHPian

Re: Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)

Reviving this thread after a long time as I need a small information about some typical spare parts. The doors have 2 types of small rubber buffers, one at the top corner and one at the bottom of the rear doors only. They also have 2 very small rebber buffers inside the diesel flap door. My understanding is that these are used to dampen the door contact noise and help preserve the paint also.

But every time during the washing, these usually come off and I cannot replace them as they are not available as spare parts with the service centers. Does have anyone any information on where these are available?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks