Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2009, 11:46   #16
BHPian

Geeash, i doubt the windows media player will recognize the i pod after all it's a rival. kidding..anyways just buy a nice 4 ,gb or 8 gb memory stick store the stuff you like listening to,connect it and forget it. Thats what i have done and suits me fine.

yes the grouch for me is the absence of a bottle holder and the miserly pockets...however, do you have any issues with ground clearance, i have a petrol emo as well and the other day nearly scraped all the speedbreakers. Never happened before,but must say they were more like little hills than legal speedbreakers.Any other petrol lineas facing this issue about low GC?

My front dics seem to be collecting a little rust and its just 4 weeks old...is that normal?
Old 27th April 2009, 07:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
however, do you have any issues with ground clearance, i have a petrol emo as well and the other day nearly scraped all the speedbreakers. Never happened before,but must say they were more like little hills than legal speedbreakers.Any other petrol lineas facing this issue about low GC?

My front dics seem to be collecting a little rust and its just 4 weeks old...is that normal?
I havent had issues with GC as of now. I have read the posts from other owners and have been extremely careful when i steer the car over the little hills. I have gone with 4 huge loaded people and have steered the car comfortable without scrapping. But once it got scrapped on a dug out road when i was travelling alone. Since then i have been extra careful. It bleeds through my eyes when car under chassis gets hit.

My front discs also seems to rust. Its normal.
Old 27th April 2009, 08:32   #18
BHPian

Congratulations Geeash.

Nice choice of colour, drive safe and always wear seat belts.
Old 27th April 2009, 08:38   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
always wear seat belts
The car bugs me if i dont wear one. There is a beeper which turns on as soon as i cross 20kmph. It automatically central locks all doors at that speed and sends out a high decibel beeps to wear seat belts. It continuously beeps for 3 minutes and then switches off. It annoys me to a great extent that i have started to wear seat belts to keep the buzzer off. I have never worn seat belts in my life and now i have to make it a practice. After all it takes a great deal of annoyance to be safe
Old 27th April 2009, 09:33   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
The car bugs me if i dont wear one. There is a beeper which turns on as soon as i cross 20kmph. It automatically central locks all doors at that speed and sends out a high decibel beeps to wear seat belts. It continuously beeps for 3 minutes and then switches off. It annoys me to a great extent that i have started to wear seat belts to keep the buzzer off. I have never worn seat belts in my life and now i have to make it a practice. After all it takes a great deal of annoyance to be safe
I saw a smart sales exe doing a way around seat belt issue. Before climbing on the seat he fastned the seat belt into the socket without getting into the car. Then he set on the driver seat. seat belt was tied into the socket behind his back & never prompted the beep.
Old 27th April 2009, 13:01   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
I saw a smart sales exe doing a way around seat belt issue. Before climbing on the seat he fastned the seat belt into the socket without getting into the car. Then he set on the driver seat. seat belt was tied into the socket behind his back & never prompted the beep.

Creative sales person, but not wise. It is cliche'd that one has to wear seat-belts et al, but trust me it has saved lives and I know someone who was saved just because of the seat belts. I even love the speed limit beeper in Linea, although it is Highly Annoying, still it makes perfect sense when you are driving high speed on highway for a long time and dont have a check on your speeds, same goes with AirBags..safety first.
Old 27th April 2009, 13:24   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hi Geeash,

Congrats.
Have you installed Stanley Leather seats ?if yes,tell me the price and from where you have done it.
For Xenos reverse parking,just go to Xenos Galleria near CIT Nagar Signal HP Outlet.
refer my Name as Karthik(Linea MJD Silver Color).They might give some discount
Old 27th April 2009, 13:39   #23
Senior - BHPian

@ karthik

Quote:
Hi Geeash,

Congrats.
Have you installed Stanley Leather seats ?if yes,tell me the price and from where you have done it.
For Xenos reverse parking,just go to Xenos Galleria near CIT Nagar Signal HP Outlet.
refer my Name as Karthik(Linea MJD Silver Color).They might give some discount
I have already visited stanley at khader nawaz khan road and have got a quote.

details here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...chennai-7.html
Old 29th April 2009, 18:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

Can someone tell me how much air i need to fill in my tyres?. I searched for the sticker about the tyre pressure that is supposed to be stuck somewhere in my car. I couldnt find it. I had this sticker in all of my other cars i had owned. Other linea owners, can u please tell me where to find this sticker regarding the tyre pressure and where it is stuck in your car??.
Old 29th April 2009, 20:17   #25
BHPian

tyre pressure

Its there in the manual (mentioned in bar)

converted to PSI here:
Medium Load
33.5 - Front
30.5 - Back

Full Load
33.5 - Front
33.5 - Back
Old 29th April 2009, 20:33   #26
Senior - BHPian

I just fill 33 and 30 psi Front & Rear Respectively.
For Highway run with 4 adults i used to fill 33 psi for both Front & Rear tyres.
Old 29th April 2009, 21:59   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Hello everyone. This is my second post in team-bhp. I have become a proud owner of a Flamenco red Emotion Pack Petrol Fiat Linea. I have taken delivery of it day before yesterday from concorde motors chennai after a tiring wait of one month. I am starting this thread as i want to share my car ownership experience with you people. I was heavily influenced by threads in team-bhp to go for linea when i was in dilemma to choose between SX4 and Linea. I will post my assessment, booking, waiting, delivery and initial driving experience soon today. I would also like to congratulate other new car ( especially linea ) owners a happy motoring .
Congratulatios Geeash on your new ride... Im sure it will serve you well for a good long time...
Can you shead some light on the onroad price with detailed breakups?
Old 30th April 2009, 07:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

pricing

Quote:
Can you shead some light on the onroad price with detailed breakups?
On road: rs 7,87,998
Exshowroom: rs 7,02,664
Insurance ( after bargaining with dealer and bajaj allianz): rs.18,950
rest is for registration and sundries

Now the price has increased to rs.8,05,000 with effect from april 11th. I had it invoiced on april 7th so i got it for older pricing.
Old 30th April 2009, 08:34   #29
Senior - BHPian

Pics and sunfilm

I am uploading the photographs i had taken during the PDI and during the delivery of the vehicle.

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p4190032.jpg
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p4190033.jpg
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p4190034.jpg
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p4190035.jpg
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p4190036.jpg
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p4190038.jpg
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p4210040.jpg
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p4210042.jpg
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p4210045.jpg
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p4210046.jpg
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p4280062.jpg

Updates

I have fixed the mudflaps from concorde for linea.

I have fixed sunfilm for my car. I had downloaded the xls file uploaded in team-bhp sunfilm thread which gave me great insight about the comparison of sunfilm. I have judged the sunfilm of each brand by parameters of TLV, TSER,IRR, UVR. I had gone to various dealers for garware, llumar, v-kool, sloarguard, 3M and have assessed each film.

My suncontrol choosing experience

I first went to Gareware (Raj Agencies, Pantheon road, egmore, chennai). I had shortlisted ICECOOL SHEILD for my front windscreen and icecool grand elite 50 and 70 for my sides. When i saw the film i found out the film was based on metallic properties. It had a green sheen which i thought will not go well with my red colour. The manual of the film stated that the windsheild film had a IR Rejection of 94% but when i checked with the light and infrared meter the garware had, i found out that it reflected on 75% of IR. The side films had a IR rejection of 88% though which was impressive. But i did not want to put that film as it had green colour so dropped it.

Next went To Sandhya Agencies (LLumar), Alwarpet. I had shortlisted two films AIR75 for the windscreen and AVS60 for the side and rear. I found out that the AIR75 had only 39% TSER though the dealer said it had High IRR. AVS60 was impressive with 59% transperancy and TSER 59% but the cost of the film for sides and rear alone would be rs.25000 for linea and AIR70 to front would be a additional of 8k. This film was based on the recent concept of nano technology where there are 250 nano layers of the film in a single sheet which gives maximum heat rejection. The price put me off.

V-kool had similar film which was pretty expensive which costed 35k for linea. So came back.

Finally went to Shri Balai Agencies Alwarpet who was the authorised dealer for 3M. They also had The crystalline series film which was based on nano technology but to my surprise it was much cheaper 15k for sides and 6k for front. so they showed me CR70 for front and CR50 for sides

CR70
Transprency : 70%
UV rejection: 99.9%
IR rejection: 97%
TSER: 59%
Anti Glare too
CR 50
Transparency: 50%
UV rejection: 99.9%
IR rejection 97%
TSER : 66%

I personally checked everything with the meters they had and found to be correct. A surprise is that this film had even better IRR and TSER than the top films of V-KOOL, LLUMAR,Garware. Ithink at this point of time this is the bast film available in the market. So i chose these two films and asked them to fix it. The glasses were professionall removed (side alone) and taken to a room which they call as dust free. The guy did a decent job in fixing . The front and back windscreen was done in car itself with doors locked from inside to prevent dust. Took a time of 4 hours for it. Came back satisfied. I was also given a discont from the price. I Purchased 3M car cleaning kit and liquid wax too for rs.850. They gave me a box of tisses and a cloth for wiping sides and windscreen as a compliment.

I was told not to draw down my side windows for 3 days. And for 3 days there would be a minimal glare until the soap oil evaporates. I will try tp asses the films after # days and post you poeple the result.

I would suggest the users to chose the maximum transparent film (TVL) for front with maximum heat rejection (TSER, IRR) and MAX heat rejection film (TSER, IRR) for sides

These are the pics after the sunfilm was pasted
Quote:
Each post may include a maximum of 20 pictures.
I have posted 17.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p4280059.jpg  

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p4280060.jpg  

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p4280061.jpg  

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p4280065.jpg  

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p4280068.jpg  

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p4280072.jpg  

Old 30th April 2009, 09:52   #30
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the information! That was really educative!

And nice to note that they just did not apply the sheet and then cut if to shape for the side windows.

And the car in red is BEAUTIFUL!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks