Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2009, 13:27   #346
BHPian

And also ... the free oil change

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Ashwin,
What you got is more than enough. A written confirmation that the WR oil could be used in petrol engin & hence you can drive the beauty peacefully now not worrying that any damage is done or no.
Old 14th July 2009, 14:19   #347
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
And also ... the free oil change
Well he paid for it earlier. So actually not absolutely free to him
But yes, a free Oil Filter.
Old 14th July 2009, 14:25   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
what procedure do they use to flush out the oil? Do they use any specific flush oil?
They just poured selinia k 3 bottles full and made the engine run for 20 minutes and then switched off and drained the whole oil again. After that they poured 3 bottles of the selnia k again into the engine and closed it. thats what they call it as flush!!!

Quote:
Luckily you have changed engine oil twice within <5k mark.
So no Engine debris remained in and definitley you can feel the silky smooth engine now.
Enjoy the ride buddy
Ya i have changed it 2 times. Seems the engine is smoother now. May be it is my imagination.

Quote:
What came out is even better that it does not do any harm & can be used in petrol engine. Ooops - actually an advantage of buying a Petrol car
When mangesh talked to me he said he owns a petrol sienna and he constantly uses diesel engine oil to get a superior performance. I am not going to buy his theory. May be it is just to cool me down

Quote:
But imagine what if yours was a diesel car and they put in the petrol engine oil?
I would have handed over the keys of my car and would have taken a brand new car from their showroom and come. unlucky me!!!

P.S: In my friends car as i said before the buzzer was missing. He owns a emotion vocal white petrol. He had left the car in the same workshop. Now the service advisor is telling they dont know how to install the buzzer

I am a lot worried man nowadays. In my friends car the buzzer is missing. In few others and my car the tow hook is missing. I wonder we have to check a few cars whether the airbag is missing or not!!!!
Old 14th July 2009, 14:27   #349
Senior - BHPian

geeash,

So a happy ending to the fiasco
Anyways, good to know that diesel oil can be put in petrol Linea but why should they when there is a separate oil available.
Hope you dont have to visit TASS again. Please PM me Mangesh's number too want to have a talk with them.

Am having serious doubts over servce centre where i went to get 1st service done (no oil change). They quoted 3k for oil change whereas its 610/L which means at max 1900-2000. I didnt get oil change done as i was unsure. Have bookmarked the prev page in my comp so that when i go next year to get oil changed at 15k service i dont overpay.
Did the serv centre intend to overcharge me or they didnt know anything (most likely as they recommended me not to go for oil change)
Old 14th July 2009, 14:33   #350
Senior - BHPian

may be 3k was inclusive of the oil filter coolboy!!!. The oil filter they have changed for me free of cost. But it might cost a bit and also the labourcharge they put for me for oil change was 150rs when i went there at 1k km

Now another issue is cropping up. The rubber beading inside the bonnet is coming out due to lack of glue. Have anyone else faced this issue?. It is happening in my friend john's car also.

I guess i cannot sleep peacefully with linea!!!

Last edited by geeash : 14th July 2009 at 14:37.
Old 14th July 2009, 14:41   #351
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
may be 3k was inclusive of the oil filter coolboy!!!. The oil filter they have changed for me free of cost. But it might cost a bit and also the labourcharge they put for me for oil change was 150rs when i went there at 1k km

Now another issue is cropping up. The rubber beading inside the bonnet is coming out due to lack of glue. Have anyone else faced this issue?. It is happening in my friend john's car also.

Yes, the rubber beading under the bonnet near the vipers come out. Last month I pointed it to a TASS technician when he came to check my viper fluid tank. He pushed it hard & it stayed atleast at that time. Have not checked again though.
Old 14th July 2009, 14:42   #352
BHPian

Yeah. same here. AFAIK there's no glue, its just plain beading put in place.
Whenever I open the bonnet, I just adjust it so that it stays in place, thats it.

Quote:

Old 14th July 2009, 14:50   #353
Senior - BHPian

I pulled the beading and off it came in my hands like snake!!!. Why does it have to come out?. should it not be secure to prevent water from windshield getting into the bonnet?. I have seen it stuck in my fathers verna. i guess fiat has forgot to stick it in our cars

In my friend's car the "i" in "emotion" has fallen off and the car is just 25 days old.

Last edited by geeash : 14th July 2009 at 14:53.
Old 14th July 2009, 15:03   #354
Senior - BHPian

yes, it's just a beading and not glued there.
Again,it's not fitted properly,has some irregularities.
I pulled it off and did rearrange and placed/fixed it properly.
Now it seems Ok.
Old 14th July 2009, 15:07   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am a lot worried man nowadays. In my friends car the buzzer is missing. In few others and my car the tow hook is missing. I wonder we have to check a few cars whether the airbag is missing or not!!!!
Cmon man, that much sarcasm isnt good for your health. Sleep in peace na? There is no seat belt BUZZER in emotion Lineas, its there only in Emotion packs. Website is giving wrong info about it. My SA told there is no buzzer in any emotion Linea. Airbags missing-- wouldnt that be a bit expensive to check out?

Quote:
I pulled the beading and off it came in my hands like snake!!!. Why does it have to come out?. should it not be secure to prevent water from windshield getting into the bonnet?.

In my friend's car the "i" in "emotion" has fallen off and the car is just 25 days old.
I pulled out the beading myself while searching for the pollen filter . Put it back in place with the help of a guard and then gave some nice punches to put it in. Its securely tied in- desi jugaad.
Well qtr glass chrome beading are safe, Linea and Emotion badges are safe, bonnet beading safe, seat pulled up again, tow hook in place
CHECKLIST COMPLETE

Phew, am fine and enjoying my car, just 1 visit to TASS that too for 1st service. VP has made a record of max TASS visits followed by Carspg, geeash and karthik
Should we use fevibond again to put in place the rubber beading?

Last edited by coolboy007 : 14th July 2009 at 15:18. Reason: forgot karthik's name
Old 14th July 2009, 15:10   #356
Senior - BHPian

Coolboy ,you missed my name
Today also my car is in the Service Centre for repainting/fixing the bulges in the bonnet of my car.
Old 14th July 2009, 15:44   #357
BANNED

Quote:
and then gave some nice punches to put it in. Its securely tied in- desi jugaad.
Absolutely. I did exactly the same thing. Placed it properly & then gave several punches throughout the beading. It looked securely placed.
Old 15th July 2009, 09:45   #358
Senior - BHPian

I have punched it today morning. it stays in place. But still the plastic to which it is attached is kind of flimsy and it is bending. I guess it might too come off in my hand one day!!!
Old 15th July 2009, 10:23   #359
BHPian

Dear Ashwin, Congratulations for getting it done! The rubber biding is with groove and I checked it in my Linea by removing it! I was able to refit it with some difficulty. At the end, I found that if we start to put it back from either of the end, it fits perfectly. I tried this again, and I was able to place it in its place in no time! On a lighter side, we are learning various DIY procedures for our Linea and I'm sure we all initial Linea buyers are going to be technical backbone for Fiat!!
Old 15th July 2009, 10:47   #360
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit View Post
On a lighter side, we are learning various DIY procedures for our Linea and I'm sure we all initial Linea buyers are going to be technical backbone for Fiat!!
There you go, Dr Amit. Spot on

Most Viewed