Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2009, 09:24   #361
Senior - BHPian

Taking up the car today to MRF tyredrome for automated waterwash. I am also going to enquire a possbility of tyre change as the tyre is producing much noise even at slow speeds.
Old 16th July 2009, 09:28   #362
Senior - BHPian

Try Michelin Primacy LC 195/60/15 profile tyres.
No Road Noise ,Butter smooth riding,increase braking efficiency and Long Life.
Heard a lot of good feedback from many users.
But the tyre is little pricey though it serves for the money spend.
Old 16th July 2009, 09:39   #363
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried nitrogen fill inside the tyres. Does it bring the tyre noise down?. The concorde had that machine and wanted to do that.Infact they were recommending it. But i didnt want to get it done there as they charged 100/tyre fill when it is only 60 outside.
Old 16th July 2009, 10:02   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Has anyone tried nitrogen fill inside the tyres. Does it bring the tyre noise down?. The concorde had that machine and wanted to do that.Infact they were recommending it. But i didnt want to get it done there as they charged 100/tyre fill when it is only 60 outside.
It's only 50 rs in XL tyres Anna Nagar,Chennai and 3 months topup is free before 2 months.
Old 16th July 2009, 12:06   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Taking up the car today to MRF tyredrome for automated waterwash. I am also going to enquire a possbility of tyre change as the tyre is producing much noise even at slow speeds.
Dear Ashwin, Please make it sure that tyres are proper. One of Linea owners from Ahmedabad, JRD, had similar problem and two tyres were replaced by the Goodyear. Here is the reference to his post in VP's thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1352127
Old 16th July 2009, 18:39   #366
Senior - BHPian

Updates

Car completerd 5k yesterday in 2 1/2 months of ownership.

Visit to TASS between 4k-5k : 3 times ( for alloy wheel issue, engineguard issue, faulty oil change)

Damage: A small bend in alloy wheel of rear right side. Yet to get alloy wheel for replacement, Minor scratches on the boot only clearcoat involved

Money spent : nil

No rattles.

FE: On last tank fill

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-13072009499.jpg

Snap shot after crossing 5K
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-15072009504.jpg

Overall ownership experience: Satisfactory. If only the oil change issue was avoided......
Old 17th July 2009, 10:05   #367
Senior - BHPian

The rear seat belt one of the clips is not working. Never had a chance to use the rear seat belt since i got the car. When i checked it now it was not working. The hook is not clipping in. I wonder how my car passed the PDI........
Old 17th July 2009, 10:36   #368
Senior - BHPian

Went for an automated car wash at MRF TYREDROME Chennai Cathedral road. It was simply awesome. Not a finger on the car except for wiping the mudguard. The was was done fully by machine and the car is shining now. the best point is that it only costs Rs.200. I have taken a video there and have hosted it on youtube for you guys. Guys in chennai must definitely take their car for a wash there frequently. I have made up my mind to visit them everymonth as my linea deserves such good treatment

Here is the video

I have also filled nitorgen in my tyres now including the spare tyre. It costs 40 buck per tyre fill in the same place with free top up for 3 months. They completely deflate the tyre using bernaoulli's theorem which we studied back in school and then inflate the tyre with nitrogen. Havent noticed any appreciable difference as of now in my odd 10 km travel. will post the feed back soon on it.
Old 17th July 2009, 10:44   #369
BHPian

Quote:
I have also filled nitorgen in my tyres now including the spare tyre. It costs 40 buck per tyre fill in the same place with free top up for 3 months. They completely deflate the tyre using bernaoulli's theorem which we studied back in school and then inflate the tyre with nitrogen. Havent noticed any appreciable difference as of now in my odd 10 km travel. will post the feed back soon on it.
Do keep us posted, curious about this myself.
Old 17th July 2009, 10:54   #370
BHPian

Dude, I have same problem. seems like a faulty clip. Seems like one more niggle for early Lineas.
I showed them at 1st service recently. So they ordered that part and am waiting for it.

Quote:
The rear seat belt one of the clips is not working. Never had a chance to use the rear seat belt since i got the car. When i checked it now it was not working. The hook is not clipping in. I wonder how my car passed the PDI........
Old 17th July 2009, 11:05   #371
BANNED

Guys - I've 1 question. with introgen in tyres if you find that the pressure is less & you need to refill & there is no nitrogen-filling station nearby, what to do? what if you're travelling & are on highway? This is what is preventing me to go for it. is there any other way besides change the tyre with spare tyre & go hunting for filling station?
Old 17th July 2009, 11:08   #372
Senior - BHPian

Well you can always check the pressure before you go for the travel vahan. In case of puncture you can repair the tyre and come back and fill nitrogen free of cost from them. In case of emergency you can fill ordinary air and then comback and then deflate and fill up nitrogen again free of cost.
Old 17th July 2009, 11:27   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Dude, I have same problem. seems like a faulty clip. Seems like one more niggle for early Lineas.
I showed them at 1st service recently. So they ordered that part and am waiting for it.
Aghh.
Which belt are we talking about here? The belt behind drivers side or behind Co driver side isnt clipping in? I will go and check if you say. I think my mother and sister did use the belt on our himachal trip but am nt sure.
Usually after our accident 2 years back now all 4 people belt up as soon as we hit highways.

@ geeash,
Man, i really love this quality of yours, clicking pics and making videos wherever possible. Thats quite unique car wash system, have never seen it before. Used to give my car for pressure washes at petrol pumps but thats quite normal.
Anything like this in Delhi, wanna try badly.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 17th July 2009 at 11:31.
Old 17th July 2009, 11:37   #374
BANNED

Quote:
Well you can always check the pressure before you go for the travel vahan. In case of puncture you can repair the tyre and come back and fill nitrogen free of cost from them. In case of emergency you can fill ordinary air and then comback and then deflate and fill up nitrogen again free of cost.
Is it possible to fill ordinary air in a nitrogen-filled tyre?
if yes, then great.
Old 17th July 2009, 11:40   #375
BHPian

Though automated car washes look hi-tech and all, they tend to leave scratches on the car.
This is the reason, for expensive cars, people prefer the manual car-washe centres (you go there and wash yourself). Or wash at home.
This is feedback from a few of my american friends.

Quote:
Went for an automated car wash at MRF TYREDROME Chennai Cathedral road. It was simply awesome. Not a finger on the car except for wiping the mudguard. The was was done fully by machine and the car is shining now.
@coolboy,
Its the seatbelt clip behind the driver for my car.
Usually 2 people only travel in my Linea. Recently my friends sat behind and told me about it. Thats how I came to know.

Last edited by neotraveller : 17th July 2009 at 11:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks