Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2009, 07:24   #406
Senior - BHPian

The mechanical key is working. i checked it yesterday just in case after seeing the other thread.
The rattling from left rear door has resurfaced yesterday. I had complained about it in first service and was rectified. I now believe it was only a stop gap thing and since it was not done permanently it has come again. i have to take my car to the TASS this week for sure to rectify these niggles
Old 28th July 2009, 10:08   #407
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday i recieved a call from Research company in bangalore . The person talked for half and hour on the phone asking me to rate from 1-10 for all the things i encountered during purchase of my linea. Did you guys get any call like this?.

Lucky that he didnt ask anything about the aftersales or else it would have been a story of a different kind
Old 28th July 2009, 10:25   #408
BHPian

by the way seems that my dealer Automatrix has been ranked No 1 in karnataka in Fiat SSI. i called up Automatrix to congratulate them and ask them for a treat which they have agreed to give!
Old 28th July 2009, 14:49   #409
BHPian

I got a call last week from J.D.Power & Associates.
It took 20 min and I had to rate on scale of 1-10 regarding my Linea buying experience.
Overall I gave them 7/10 (I wanted the sales experience to be better)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Yesterday i recieved a call from Research company in bangalore . The person talked for half and hour on the phone asking me to rate from 1-10 for all the things i encountered during purchase of my linea. Did you guys get any call like this?.

Lucky that he didnt ask anything about the aftersales or else it would have been a story of a different kind
Old 29th July 2009, 16:41   #410
Senior - BHPian

@neotraveller.

you are right the thigh touches the seat lever during ingress and egress. i did a slow simulation of getting out and getting in today watching the leaver. the thigh definitely touches the lever. but it is just a subtle touch , i wonder how it makes the seat go down heavily........
Old 29th July 2009, 17:12   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@neotraveller.

you are right the thigh touches the seat lever during ingress and egress. i did a slow simulation of getting out and getting in today watching the leaver. the thigh definitely touches the lever. but it is just a subtle touch , i wonder how it makes the seat go down heavily........
Whenever i exited or entered the car i could hear click sounds and i knew seat is coming down
This definitely has to do with thigh touching lever, they just have to shorten this levers length.
Someone can also try entering or exiting from co pass side door for few days but it will look too silly, people will say "Fiat hai, door lock gaya. yeh toh hona hi tha"

This is the only existing issue with my car now, 3100 kms done nothing else. Covered 5-6 kms in 1 hour yesterday and my Linea tasted delhi monsoons and traffic snarl for first time, FE dropped from 12.2-11.8-11.1-10.1 and finally 9.6 the lowest ever i saw on trip computer.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 29th July 2009 at 17:14.
Old 29th July 2009, 17:17   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Whenever i exited or entered the car i could hear click sounds and i knew seat is coming down
This definitely has to do with thigh touching lever, they just have to shorten this levers length.
Someone can also try entering or exiting from co pass side door for few days but it will look too silly, people will say "Fiat hai, door lock gaya. yeh toh hona hi tha"

This is the only existing issue with my car now, 3100 kms done nothing else. Covered 5 kms in 1 hour yesterday and my Linea tasted delhi monsoons and traffic snarl, FE dropped from 12.2-11.8-11.1-10.1 and finally 9.6 the lowest ever i saw on trip computer.

Coolboy, Geeash ! i had mentioned this phenomenon to the TASS when i took delivery of the car and had even been given a demo by the TASS GM as to how the seat comes down!. there is no way the seat can come down automatically as it works on a ratchet system (wheel which has teeth which locks into a particular metal piece everytime the lever is moved). further one seat could be a lemon. Many seats cannot be a Lemon. this was even mentioned by me in my thread. the culprit was the long lever which fouled with the thigh. so now alls well that ends well. hopefully fiat may change the design of the lever to make it shorter!
Old 29th July 2009, 17:20   #413
BHPian

Geeash any luck with the seat belts ?? did u check them out ??
Old 29th July 2009, 17:25   #414
BHPian

Well, my car was in workshop for the first time y'day for the seat height and seat belt issue.
For Seat height, the SA put the seat to max height and then took the car for test drive, came back and found that the seat has gone down. He then opened the seat assembly, took pics of the parts and sent it to FIAT.
Spoke to Mangesh (Fiat Customer Service) today morning for both the issues. He said he will update me soon.

Last edited by vinay.pillai : 29th July 2009 at 17:32.
Old 29th July 2009, 20:43   #415
Senior - BHPian

These days am seeing too many Lineas on delhi roads all of a sudden. About a month and a half back, whenever i went out, was only was able to spot 1 Linea in 2-3 days in South delhi but nowadays am daily seeing 3-4 Lineas all in F.RED or Silver colour.
Saw 2 Puntos too today, seems Fiat is back on track.

Please solve the seat height adjuster FIAT or else i will pull off that long lever someday in frustration.. You listening??
I have tried every way out to avoid the lever but i cant.

Yesterday was fiddling with the box on drivers side door on which power window switches are located and it started coming out , its not securely tied with screws, just put in place.
Old 29th July 2009, 21:18   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post

Please solve the seat height adjuster FIAT or else i will pull off that long lever someday in frustration.. You listening??
I have tried every way out to avoid the lever but i cant.

Yesterday was fiddling with the box on drivers side door on which power window switches are located and it started coming out , its not securely tied with screws, just put in place.

Coolboy!! regarding the Power window switch Box its held in place by 4 clips. inserting screws here would spoil the appearance. the thing wont come out, though it may seem to be loose. if need arises juss pull it out, reset the clips and push it back in! i did the same when i pulled it out to clean the edges where dust had settled
Old 30th July 2009, 08:58   #417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Geeash any luck with the seat belts ?? did u check them out ??
Checked the seat belts. the rear right side socket is indeed faulty. the rear right seat belt is not plugging into any socket except the left last one.
Old 30th July 2009, 09:04   #418
Senior - BHPian

God,Mine is perfect.
All 5 buckles(2 Fronts & 3 Rears) are woring fine.
Have you all checked the Heat Rest Height Adjuster ,Rear Seat Folding Lock ,Height Adjustable Front Seat Belts and Child Lock?
I checked everything and absolutely OK.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 30th July 2009 at 09:07.
Old 30th July 2009, 18:05   #419
Senior - BHPian

Finally have made up some money for the alloy change. 2K more to go to get the alloys. The problem is that i have sneak out some money without the knowledge of my wifey. If she finds me spending one more pie on the car she will bash me up. She finds me spending atleast 250 rs for the car each week in terms of polish or dashboard cleaner or something else. So i have recieved a good reprimand this week. so the alloys are getting somewhat delayed...........
Old 30th July 2009, 18:35   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally have made up some money for the alloy change. 2K more to go to get the alloys. The problem is that i have sneak out some money without the knowledge of my wifey. If she finds me spending one more pie on the car she will bash me up. She finds me spending atleast 250 rs for the car each week in terms of polish or dashboard cleaner or something else. So i have recieved a good reprimand this week. so the alloys are getting somewhat delayed...........
Hi Ashwin, Trust me, Boss at work or Customer at market place or Teacher at school and/or wife at home is always right. do not do anything without agreeing with these poeple in respective places.
else you will have probelms
StarVegabond is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed