Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2009, 14:32   #481
Senior - BHPian

guys a small doubt......

Do you start the car atleast once in the morning, in days you dont take the car out?

My car has been idle for past 4 days havent taken it out of the garage....

My father used to do this for his premier padmini. he used to start the car once in the morning and leave it in idle for 2 mins and switch it off. i never do that. so just asking...
Old 7th August 2009, 14:42   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
guys a small doubt......

Do you start the car atleast once in the morning, in days you dont take the car out?

My father used to do this for his premier padmini. he used to start the car once in the morning and leave it in idle for 2 mins and switch it off. i never do that. so just asking...
@ Geesh

Gone are those days. New generation Diesel engines are quiet advanced. They dont require everymorning start and also you dont need to keep the engine on for sometime before you start the drive.
Old 7th August 2009, 20:06   #483
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicesachin View Post
Gone are those days. New generation Diesel engines are quiet advanced. They dont require everymorning start and also you dont need to keep the engine on for sometime before you start the drive.
The more correct answer I guess would be that the present generation cars use alternators instead of the dynamoes used in the Premier Padminis / Ambassadors. These can charge the battery even in idle conditions and hence keep the batteries fully charged easily.
Old 8th August 2009, 18:56   #484
BHPian

Quote:
guys a small doubt......

I use my Linea once or twice a month..no issues there.

Infact I started my 8 year old Accent, which was not driven or started for 2.5 months, and the ignition was as normal so was the battery, which is btw, 4 years old.
Old 9th August 2009, 13:08   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The padmini days are long gone. Nowadays, car manufacturers advise not to warm-up engine under idling, especially diesel ones(takes long to reach operating temps).

You could, of course idle for 30 seconds or so, just to circulate oil through the system before you set off. The problem with idling for 2 minutes and shutting off is that water condenses inside the exhaust system as it does not get hot enough to vaposrise water into steam and this is detrimental.
Old 9th August 2009, 13:12   #486
BHPian

Quote:
guys a small doubt......

New cars do not need any starting on a daily basis. I had not used my 2002 Santro for 3 months when I was in the US. It started perfectly once I came back.
Old 10th August 2009, 08:21   #487
Senior - BHPian

update

wifey has promised to sponsor for the chrome tailpipe and the power washer and door sill plate. Have to go to checkout the power washer first.
have got options

1. Bosch aquatak 115 plus
2.Star washer ( which sunilrj has)
3. Karcher ( i believe viveks is the authorised dealer have to enquire about the model)

Have to test each one and decide now......

Max budget for washer is 10k
Old 10th August 2009, 08:37   #488
BHPian

Quote:
wifey has promised to sponsor for the chrome tailpipe and the power washer and door sill plate. Have to go to checkout the power washer first.
have got options

1. Bosch aquatak 115 plus
2.Star washer ( which sunilrj has)
3. Karcher ( i believe viveks is the authorised dealer have to enquire about the model)

Have to test each one and decide now......

Max budget for washer is 10k

wifey to sponsor ?????Chrome tail pipe - Rs.800/- Door sill Plates - Rs. 4000/- Linea OE, Star washer 6999/- Budget exceeded by 2K!
Old 10th August 2009, 09:33   #489
BHPian

Quote:
wifey has promised to sponsor for the chrome tailpipe and the power washer and door sill plate.
Hi Ashwin, guess you have made the Best use of your weekend
Old 10th August 2009, 15:04   #490
Senior - BHPian

Yeah. That was the best part of the weekend. Goading two beauties.......... and convincing one.

Budget exceeded by 2k i know. I ll take the wifey to the shop and ask her to choose the washer she likes ( before that i have to go to the dealership and request them to display only the washers of my choice). And that will hopefully make her happy and convince her to give me 2 k more. Just keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 10th August 2009, 17:03   #491
srinivas9446

Geeash,

Congrats on your new car ! Linea is a great look on the streets.

i too have the same issue with the APPLE IPOD in my ANHC...It says old format, while i bought the brand new ipod shuffle.

i think we should consult somebody on this.

I too had asked about the nitrogen to the wheels....there is a thread on nitrogen here. I got confused since there are too many opinions on this. You can use SEARCH option to get it.

You too may go through the same and suggest me.

Old 14th August 2009, 00:03   #492
Senior - BHPian

Have checked the bosch washer. it looks fine. i am a bit worried about the other brands as if it develops any niggles then spares will not be available.

what say guys? chose a known devil or a unknown angel?
Old 14th August 2009, 10:55   #493
Senior - BHPian

seems,you spend almost your car value for cleaning and accessories things.
Give me some BRIBE,otherwise i'll recite the real amount spent by you towards Linea to your wife.hahaha .
Just think about the happenings after my information.

Bosch is good even i have seen it in some workshops using it for water wash.
Old 14th August 2009, 17:14   #494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
seems,you spend almost your car value for cleaning and accessories things.
Give me some BRIBE,otherwise i'll recite the real amount spent by you towards Linea to your wife.hahaha .
Just think about the happenings after my information.
oops ill give you 5 rs to keep quiet okay?.

ya i end up spending money to maintain the car. i cant help it. each time i try not to do. but something goes wrong.

i am getting the alloys on monday for sure. will post pics soon

guys from bangaluru i am coming there for a vacation trip next month september 4, 5, 6. shall we team-bhp linean meet there somewhere?

Last edited by geeash : 14th August 2009 at 17:15.
Old 15th August 2009, 14:53   #495
Senior - BHPian

Have got some free time today. planning to update blue and me 5.4 after reports here that it is working well. will keep you guys posted.
By the by did anyone install the patch for sonyerricsson phones in it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks