Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2009, 22:10   #586
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For example my wife say I never praise her cooking daily but when something is not good I always complain.
Every house has the same complaint!!!

i completely agree with you.

Now the title of my thread has changed.

" Fiat Flamenco Red Linea : Packed with Mixed Emotions"

Thanks moderators
Old 27th August 2009, 23:04   #587
BHPian

Just a small update from my side.
Few weeks back I shared the issue of roof fabrics and Seat height. My car was picked day before y'day, roof fabric changed and seat height assembly changed. Now, seat height is fixed and not going down. Also, lever is not touching my thighs anymore.

and yes, there not many question asked by FIAT or TASS. I mail to FIAT, thats all

Last edited by vinay.pillai : 27th August 2009 at 23:06.
Old 28th August 2009, 01:47   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Hi Geeash,

After following various Fiat Linea threads, I have almost decided to book Fiat Linea 1.4 Emotion Pk [petrol]. But, after going through your/Vahanpujari's horror experiences, I am in dilemma now. I think, I will wait and watch the situation for some more time, before taking a decision either way.Even now, my heart says situation would improve and we have to give FIAT a fair chance. Any way, for the time being I am keeping my fingers crossed. I wish all the best for the existing and prospective Linea owners.
Ravi,

The newer cars have better plastics. I got my Linea 10 days back and was surprised to see a marked difference between my car and the TD car. Check my thread for the photos. Ask the dealer to show you some of the newer cars, examine it and then make the decision !!!
Old 28th August 2009, 09:26   #589
Senior - BHPian

I see that most of you guys have gone for the seat lever change. there is no signs of it in chennai. i am waiting till the linea meet so that i can see the lever and then decide what to do.
Old 28th August 2009, 10:38   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post

Why not on september 13th? is it ok for you all. i am giving 2 weeks extra time to prepare yourself for the meet

Lets someone else come up with the venue. Can other lines owners from near by chennai like bangaluru and hyderadad and kerala and mumbai / pune drive down?
Guys, i am for it.
Lets finalise 13/sept if everyone is ok with the date and your calender is free of any other appointments.

Wifey (only legal ones) allowed so that we save time convincing them.

Lets all meet near Tidel Park (or) Tiruvanmiyur Bus Depot. From there, lets go together (car rally) to Sterling Resorts (now renamed as Indeco)at Mahabs which is a neat 50 km drive on the scenic beach way.

They have a large parking area too. Let us either meet for Lunch or tea.

What say ?

>>>> Lineans from other states - most welcome to Join. Infact we could look at organising a Linean Meet every quarter in one of our locations. Lets start with Chennai this time
Old 28th August 2009, 10:51   #591
BANNED

Quote:
You are a beauty VP. I must profusely thank you.

Yes the otherside does nopt have that clip thing

After seeing vahans post i went down to examine the thing. When i closely examined i found out that nothing looks like broken. The other side had a ridge and beneath it a groove. I was happy and decided to try my luck. I kep the ridge in position and inseetd the steel of the bonnet into the groove and tried to press the other side which had the clip

Viola!!!. it clipped into the space and got fit snugly. Now it doesnt even budge and stays put there. Atlast i did it. and i am feeling so happy. all the worries have vanished.

Thanks a lot vahanpujari. Your keen observation has helped me out of this issue. ill send you some present soon.

It was very stupid of me to change the title of the thread all of a sudden *2. pretty impulsive of me aswell.

Sorry moderators i am going to request you to change the title once more. Please bear with me for one last time!!!

Thanks again vahan/ amit
Ashwin,

All is well that ends well !

Am happy that you are back you your effervescent mood

In fact, when I saw that nozzle in my Linea & on close examination compared to right side nozzle, I found nothing broken. Hence, was never worried & didn't post pics (repented it later as it would have helped you beforehand). Like bonnet lever, such fittings can be fixed DIY (unless the clip is broken) & I found some spare time to do it yday.

I've also gone thro' such emotions 2-3 months back. And that had given me entirely different perspective (what I call "Bodhigyaan" !!). After that thing was answered, at that time itself I had resolved that I'll not allow such minor things to affect my ownership experience & happiness of possessing this beauty & we'll strive to find ways & means to either solve DIY or thro' us Linea t-bhpians OR thro' Fiat.

I would urge you & other Lineans here to resolve similar - do not ALLOW such small minor things to spoil your happiness/ mood. It won't allow you to enjoy this beauty. There is nothing wrong in our Linea - be it Engine, any mech part or Electronics/ Electrical, Its as strong as an oxe. (check other new car threads like that gagananand's Skoda Superb thread & others such. There is no such experience in Linea by anyone).

Our little "T-BHP Linea owners" Club is strong & we must resolve that we'll share such small issues with each other, not for panic but for resolution thro' each other help. This is what we've been doing & will keep doing. And I can safely say that our ownership experience won't go awry, we, little "T-BHP Linea Owners" Club will ENSURE THAT for every member here.
Old 28th August 2009, 11:41   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Our little "T-BHP Linea owners" Club is strong & we must resolve that we'll share such small issues with each other, not for panic but for resolution thro' each other help. This is what we've been doing & will keep doing. And I can safely say that our ownership experience won't go awry, we, little "T-BHP Linea Owners" Club will ENSURE THAT for every member here.
+1 to that. Very well said. I must say that had it not been for tbhp Linea owners before me, I would possibly have still been wavering about buying the Linea. After reading about all the ownership reviews, I realized that there were no major problems with Linea, but plenty of irritants. But VP, as you very rightly said, they are all solvable with the collective knowledge of this forum, or with the collective pressure of this forum
Old 28th August 2009, 12:35   #593
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
Just a small update from my side.
Few weeks back I shared the issue of roof fabrics and Seat height. My car was picked day before y'day, roof fabric changed and seat height assembly changed. Now, seat height is fixed and not going down. Also, lever is not touching my thighs anymore.

and yes, there not many question asked by FIAT or TASS. I mail to FIAT, thats all
Vinay - Good to see your issues getting resolved. Kudos. Enjoy the beauty now to the fulllllest !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Hi Geeash,

After following various Fiat Linea threads, I have almost decided to book Fiat Linea 1.4 Emotion Pk [petrol]. But, after going through your/Vahanpujari's horror experiences, I am in dilemma now. I think, I will wait and watch the situation for some more time, before taking a decision either way.Even now, my heart says situation would improve and we have to give FIAT a fair chance. Any way, for the time being I am keeping my fingers crossed. I wish all the best for the existing and prospective Linea owners.
Ravi

Go ahead. There are no issues. Check Geeash comments above & check my ownership thread for more details

Also visit other bhpian Linea ownership threads & you'll find everyone is enjoying the beauty

In case, you go for Linea, check this new thread also... http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1454343

Last edited by VahanPujari : 28th August 2009 at 12:37.
Old 28th August 2009, 14:12   #594
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Vinay - Good to see your issues getting resolved. Kudos. Enjoy the beauty now to the fulllllest !!

Ravi

Go ahead. There are no issues. Check Geeash comments above & check my ownership thread for more details

Also visit other bhpian Linea ownership threads & you'll find everyone is enjoying the beauty

In case, you go for Linea, check this new thread also... http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1454343
Hi VahanPujari,

Thanks a lot for your kind advice. After your detailed post/Geeash's PM, I am sticking on to my original decision of going in for Fiat Linea Emotion Pk-1.4 petrol. I enjoyed your new thread: "Did You Know?". It was enlightening and educative for future Linea buyers like me. In fact, I have taken a hard copy of your post for my reference during my test-drive scheduled for tomorrow.

Old 28th August 2009, 14:47   #595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes thats what is called collective knowledge. Each of us are learning from others niggles and we are moving forward.

And that is due to great reporting of even the smaller niggles and the solution found for it

Way to go TBHP lineans......
Old 28th August 2009, 18:00   #596
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by achinthg View Post
Ravi,

The newer cars have better plastics. I got my Linea 10 days back and was surprised to see a marked difference between my car and the TD car. Check my thread for the photos. Ask the dealer to show you some of the newer cars, examine it and then make the decision !!!
Hi achinthg,

Thanks. I will do it tomorrow when my test-drive is scheduled.

Old 29th August 2009, 08:55   #597
Senior - BHPian

The ganesha idol which i have stuck using the two way sticker doesnt get stuck properly . when i park my car in sun it comes off. the sticker part where the glue is stuck to the dash does not stay. any other way to stick it??
Old 30th August 2009, 16:50   #598
Senior - BHPian

After all the trouble last week i wanted to pamper my beauty a bit. so took her for a complete powered underchassis waterwash todayat the local service centre near my house.

instructions given were:

1.Told them especially that i dont want them to use the detergent soap on the body so took my car shampoo aswell and they cleaned the exterior too.

2. i also told them to spray the cutting oil only underchassis and not a drop on the body.

3. i told them not to open and air the interior as i had plans to clean the interior myself at home.

These guys failthfully adhered to it and completed the wash. God how much mud was there under the wheel arches!!!. thankgod i took her for a wash.

Now my linea is clean.

As usual brought her home after the wash and waxed her with formula1 wax and cleaned the interior.

my formula wax is nearing completion and i have to get one more as the remaining will last only for one more waxing i think.

Had got a car air freshener spray as a complement from someone last week so after cleaning i sprayed that too. so now my beauty is not only clean but smells of roses too.........

Fully satisfying experience!!!
Old 30th August 2009, 17:18   #599
Senior - BHPian

Linea Fiat Car Accessories

With Digital A/C, Main Kit, 12 Pcs. - 2009 Fiat Linea Dash Kit

Has a few accessories for linea like stainless steel mirror covers. door sillplates dashkits etc. Just have a look

Last edited by geeash : 30th August 2009 at 17:35.
Old 31st August 2009, 12:27   #600
BHPian

Try a different sticker (maybe better quality)

My idol hasn't moved till now. Of course the base of my idol is flat and has lot of area for being seated, so probably doesn't stress the sticker as much.

Quote:
The ganesha idol which i have stuck using the two way sticker doesnt get stuck properly . when i park my car in sun it comes off. the sticker part where the glue is stuck to the dash does not stay. any other way to stick it??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks