Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2009, 14:27   #676
Senior - BHPian

I have seen some 2 or 3 Lineas in Frankfurt itself.
But not seen it closely as it's on their ways speedly.
I'll take photos and post here, if i have a chance to see a parked Linea
ya this weekend, i'll check it out for accessories.
Old 9th October 2009, 00:59   #677
BHPian

oh man!! its so amazing. now you know what 1.4 ltr petrol engine can do!

and people buy honda city in the name of good mileage!! geez!!

excellent job on taking pics. counting calculating stuff!!

and linea what can i say its meant for cruising down the highway its more fun i think "the journey in itself gives more pleasure than reaching the destination"

yeah you can go fast offcourse but i don't feel that one should use this car for fast racing stuff. you are doing just the right thing!
Old 9th October 2009, 01:58   #678
Senior - BHPian

Ashwin sir has created a stir.

Nice driving man!
Old 9th October 2009, 02:01   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
yea. since i had got linea i have been regularly clocking miles. it is really fun to drive the car.

Good to see that you are in frankfurt. I think linea is not there in german market. But still accessories will be available. waiting for your update!!
Hmm.. I bet I never came across a Linea in Frankfurt or any other German major city for that matter.. Although I dont know if they have launched it in the last 8-9 months, havent been there recently.

Good to see a standard Italian car in the land of Audis / Mercs / VWs and Beamers.. ( was itching to put Porche in the list but that was getting too far for Fiat..only if I ownd a Ferrari now ...lol )
Old 9th October 2009, 13:29   #680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -xplora- View Post
Hmm.. I bet I never came across a Linea in Frankfurt or any other German major city for that matter.. Although I dont know if they have launched it in the last 8-9 months, havent been there recently.

Good to see a standard Italian car in the land of Audis / Mercs / VWs and Beamers.. ( was itching to put Porche in the list but that was getting too far for Fiat..only if I ownd a Ferrari now ...lol )
For sure,Linea is not launched in Germany.
But seen some 2 or 3 Lineas in Medium Grey and Lil. Blue color in Sulzbach and Hoscht railway station .

It's very pleasing to eyes to see enormous models of cars.
porchse,little bettle and saw lambos too.
A lot of Audi,BMW,Opel and VW every where.
Smart Mini 2 seater car and 4 seaters too.Very good looking
Every day i used to go to office by Benz E class Taxi .

Last edited by aks_karthik : 9th October 2009 at 13:33.
Old 13th October 2009, 07:24   #681
Senior - BHPian

Have got myself a bosch aquatak 100 plus for cleaning my beauty. it is getting delivered today . will post the pics of it soon
Old 13th October 2009, 13:38   #682
Senior - BHPian

hey great
so i want to clean my silver streak i'll take it to your house.
Free Wash & Wax.
Good and how much did you spend?
Old 13th October 2009, 15:24   #683
Senior - BHPian

Bosch Aquatak 100+

Finally my wifey relents and gets a Bosch Aquatak 100+ for the linea.
Spent 9.2k for it.

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-13102009599.jpg
This is the mini dynamite

Had gone to a home decor exibition on last saturday in Chennai trade centre where i saw the thingy. Had them bring it up to my house for a demo so that i could decide.

Was amazed by the pressure it could generate for the pressure wash. I mean it is so small and believe me it does one hell of a job.

Have got it with all attachment ( one even for under chassis cleaning).

So hereafter i am going to enjoy washing the car so much just like i am enjoying the drive too. it is going to be fun on each sunday.

@karthik

come home anytime i will do the washing with bosch and you do the waxing for both cars

Last edited by geeash : 13th October 2009 at 15:25. Reason: added title
Old 13th October 2009, 16:05   #684
BHPian

Ashwin, please provide detail review of the bosch aquatak !!!
Old 14th October 2009, 09:24   #685
Senior - BHPian

achinthg

will use it a couple of times and then give you a detailed review........
Old 22nd October 2009, 09:53   #686
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

it has been a long time since i wrote something here due to my hectic work.

Took time off yesterday and drove to vaideeshwaran koil and came back yesterday covering 600kms.

My car has crossed 9k in the drive and it is exactly 6 months as on today since i got my car.

Time for an update. will write it today

there have been a few niggles which i will write in my review.

the bosch aquatak 100 plus has been fabulous. will write a review on that too today sometime

Last edited by geeash : 22nd October 2009 at 09:54.
Old 22nd October 2009, 14:56   #687
Senior - BHPian

Update at 9000km in 6 months

It is time for an update.

The car has passed 9k in 6 months exactly as of today. 9k in 6months itself speaks volumes about the car. i have never clocked so much in my earlier cars in such a less time. this is mainly due to sheer driving pleasure which the car gives you once you ger into the drivier seat. and also the wow!! factor which hasnt waned a bit even after 6 months. i am sure other linea owners would agree with me too on this.

It is really a pleasure to drive the car on long journeys. Bye Bye backache. yesterday even after driving 600kms in a single day i was fresh to go to the hospital at night which speaks for the comfortable drive.

The ACC is a pleasure and is getting better and better , though it takes more time to cool the cabin ,not like other cars where the a/c cools the cabin very fast. the cooling take a bit of a time once when sets in it is very comfortable.

All my friends are in wow of the car and a couple of them have booked too....

but there are a few niggles i am experiencing over the last 1k kms

1. the gear slotting has become a little hard. it used to be so smooth earlier. especially slotting the 2nd , 5th gear and the reverse. i read up the manual and it stated " for engaging the reverse gear the clutch has to nbe pressed for 2 seconds and then the gear should be slotted" . i have done that too still i feel it is a bit hard

2. the suspension has become a little bit stiff. i have checked the tyre pressure which is still 30 in nitrogen. though the car goes over the pot holes very smooth i still feel it has become a little stiff somehow and quite a bit different from what ride i used to have. i checked wheel allignment by letting of the steeting in a empty road and it still goes straight . dont know what else to check. all the oil levels are too ok inside the cockpit. Is it because of some wheel bearing problem? or something else?

3. the bluetooth doesnt recognise the new songs which i have added in USB stick. it plays the old songs and it takes 2-3 restarts to appear in the list. any ideas on this?. this has happened probably after the 5.4 update.......

4. seat height issue still in pending

5. the noise of the engine has gone up a bit.

I havent taken my linea to TASS for some time now. should i take it immediately or can i do all these things in 1st service?

despite this it is still a pleasure to drive the car.

As said earlier the bosch aquatak 100 plus has been a fabulous addition to my car cleaning armoury. i just love cleaning the car more now. it just cleans the mudguard and wheel arches instantly and washes the brake dust away in a jiffy. ( i used to hate spending time to clean the alloys wiping the brake dust away). so it is a great pleasure to wash the car every sunday.

if you guys want the demo please buzz me ill be glad to show you some tricks. i recommend every one to get this dynamite of a machine as it cleans not only the car but the porch , watertank and other house hold as well

Last edited by geeash : 22nd October 2009 at 14:58.
Old 22nd October 2009, 15:16   #688
BHPian

IMHO, these niggles do not call for a visit, as most of them can be attended to and cleared in the first servicing.
Old 21st November 2009, 00:08   #689
Senior - BHPian

I am Suffering here with TASS

i had told mr.sairaj, the manager of the workshop of concorde chennai about a problem i had been facing with my seat in which the seat automatically comes down in height after raising with the height adjuster leaver. i came to know from here that there is a problem with seat track with initial batches of linea for which fiat is replacing the part. i had given a complaint to my sairaj on june 2 ( on the day when i sent my car for the first service) regarding the same for which i was told that same will be communicated to fiat and approval will be sought for replacing.

I did not find concorde communicating the same and no proper reply was given to me even after persuing the same with mr. sairaj for 5 months. so i took pains to talk to mr.mangesh after 5 months for replacing the same and i was told that the corresponding part will be shipped and proper correspondence will be given. i waited for 10 days and i did not get reply . so i called mr. mangesh who told me that the part has been shipped and i can go and get the part replaced.

i had taken the car to concorde motors for the same on 19/11/09. i was recieved by mr.shivakumar and was directed to mr.shiva who was the service advisor

i had requested him that to carry out the seat replacement and rectify a few other problems which i had in my car. i was told that i would be communicated about the problems in my car and expected time of delivery at 3pm on the same day. i did not recieve any call. i called my sairaj at 7 pm on the same day and asked him what happened to the car. he told me that mr. shiva will contact me in a few minutes but i did not recieve any call even after.

so i called mr.shiva again today morning and he did not pick up . so i called mr.vickram ( customer service manager) and told him the same. he called me back saying the work is on progress and my car will be delivered today evening. i got a call from mr.shiva at 3pm who told me the car service is over and mr.jaisingh will drive the car to my home. Mr.jaising brought the car to my home today night ( invoice no : CedChe-AM-0910-13128).

when i inspected my car after the delivery i found to my shock that the running board on the door sill had been scratched and damaged deeply. when i enquired the same to mr.jaisingh he said it has happened during the seat assembly change .

i have enclosed the pictures i have taken as attachment for you guys to see and believe for yourself.

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-20112009610.jpg

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-20112009611.jpg

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-20112009612.jpg

Is this how the authorised service centres repair the cars? . i am terribly disappointed by the way concorde motors chennai ambattur is doing service of fiat cars.

this is not the first time i am experiencing problems. even during my first service there were a few minor scratches which was buffed. you can see my reports earlier

it is pathetic to see that it has taken concorde has taken 5 months to get the seat track from pune for me (with my assistance ofcourse). now even more worse are these damages done to my car.

i really feel sad why i have bought this fiat linea now because of the pathetic service given by fiat. i am beginning to regret the decision of buying the car.

Old 21st November 2009, 07:51   #690
Senior - BHPian

i have written a elaborate mail to rajeev kapoor and other bigwigs about this yesterday night. i am waiting for the reply now. i am also contemplating to take up the case to consumer protection forum now as i cannot put up with this shoddy business any more!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks