Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2010, 16:41   #886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram999 View Post
damn is it we call free service??
they charge Rs.4800 for oil change very expensive
Vikram, cool dude.
Consumables are on chargeable basis even if it is during free service.

I think Rs. 4800 is just an estimate (on the higher side) for 4 litres of Semi Synthetic oil.

I read some of the other Linea Owners claiming around Rs. 3000 for Oil change. I am not sure about this but i remember reading this.
Old 29th January 2010, 20:53   #887
Senior - BHPian

yes i checked a few threads too. opendro has paod only 2300 for the oil change. 4800 for the oil change is day light robbery.

Can others who have done the 2nd service for linea please enlighten me ?
Old 30th January 2010, 15:33   #888
BHPian

Ashwin,

Got this info from ACI forum

1. Engine oil Selenia 4 liters - 2470
2. Air filter - 254
3. Pollen filter - 254
4. Oil filter - 340
5. Fuel filter - 225

Total - 3540 (not sure if this includes tax as well)
Old 30th January 2010, 16:03   #889
Senior - BHPian

Yes i saw that too now. I just saw the Job card . In that it is given 2nd free service

E/O, O/F, P/F, A/F, Some another filter ( which is not written ligible) estimation is Rs.4800 . i am sure they are going to charge me this as i repeatedly asked them why it is 4800. for that they ( Mr.Sairaj, Siva) said they charge the same for all cars.

E/o is engine oil which is selinia k ( semi synthetic). They asked me whether they can change the oil to MOBIL ( which is a pure synthetic oil)( for higher performance and reduction in engine noise). i have said NO for it. They told me that Mobil will cost rs.950/litre. i said i dont want it.

so as per the above posts even if they charge 12% vat it is going to cost not more than Rs.3900.

i am a lot confused now

Last edited by geeash : 30th January 2010 at 16:05.
Old 30th January 2010, 16:39   #890
BANNED

Geeash,
Here is spare part list from Fiat. Check that.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SparePartsComparison.pdf (45.1 KB, 695 views)
jacksons is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2010, 17:00   #891
Senior - BHPian

Wow ! thanks now this one says the parts are even cheaper than the above cost though Engine Oil cost is not given

but from what i clicked on the pic last time it is Rs.610 per litre

Even if they are going to change 4 litres it is going to be more or less Rs 2440/-inclusive of tax which comes to almost equal price as given above.

jacksons have you done the 2nd service for your linea?

Last edited by geeash : 30th January 2010 at 17:10.
Old 30th January 2010, 17:06   #892
BHPian

Just be sure they are not charging you for wheel alignment or balancing. Totals don't add up nicely otherwise.
Old 31st January 2010, 09:24   #893
BHPian

Selenia K is fully synthetic AFAIK. The manual says 3.3l but you need to buy 4l since they don't sell loose. 4,800 is definitely on the higher side.

Service updates?
Old 31st January 2010, 10:57   #894
BANNED

Quote:
jacksons have you done the 2nd service for your linea?
Geeash, Mine is 1.4 E pack and has driven only 5000 till date though 2nd service is due in first week of march. it is going to cost around 3500 for petrol car and I think its reasonable for that kind of service interval.
I used to put synthetic oil in my gypsy during 1995 till sold in 1998, it was 1989 model and recommend change of oil was 20000 Km. The benefits were too many including reduced noise level, 15 % more FE and less heating of Engine.
Old 31st January 2010, 14:29   #895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Service updates?
my car is still at the service centre. will be getting it only on tuesday as i have given a big list of works to be completed.

I dont know how many will be rectified.

They had promised me a loaner car. i had booked the service appointment 1 week earlier and infact retirated that i need a loaner car badly.

But they did not give me a loaner car and when i asked they told me that the car was given to another customer and they were to get it back on friday . they said they will send the car to me on saturday. Till this second they have not arranged for it. They havent even been courteous to inform me that the loaner car is still not available.

then what is the use in booking the service 1 week earlier that too confirming it with regional customer care manager?. what respect do they give to my words and telephone conversation then?

These things small things that would go a long way in trusting them and having confidence in them.

There are a couple of saying in Tamil which says " A bent dogs tail cannot be straightened: " what you learn in your young childhood would saty until you go to the grave". I think This would hold apt for TASS

I am not going to beg to them as,the reason they will say if i fight is " Our TASS are used to in handling Indicab Drivers and Politicians and they are still in the same mindset. we are working on them to improve the technical and PR skills to cater to the the premium segment of linea and punto owners"

It has been One year and one month since the launch of linea and 6 months since the launch of punto

Cannot the technical and PR skills be improved in this 1 year?.

Sadly FIAT and TATA can never improve the Customer ralationship.
And sadly i can never come back smiling from TASS

Dr.Ashwinkumar
Old 31st January 2010, 16:17   #896
BANNED

How come you have so many problems with Linea and Tass whereas we have nothing, as I am close to 11 months of my buying. I have visited twice to Tass and given them 10 out of 10 for their promptness.
You have run into 60 pages alone here for this car. sorry its not to offend you but as a doctor practice some Patience.

Last edited by jacksons : 31st January 2010 at 16:23.
Old 31st January 2010, 16:59   #897
BHPian

Ashwin, chill

You are better off without the loaner car. You came with me yesterday in the loaner car and am sure you were pretty miffed with the condition of the car. AC not working, windows fully not closing, headlights not working and what not.

The Loaner car's are the ones which are not maintained at all. I have so far thrice took the loaner cars. You may not beleive that Insurance beyond the first year was not taken for all the 3 cars. Everytime, they give you some excuses that its being misplaced etc

I come back from office everyday around 1 am (midnight) and literally in fear when i see a cop.

I once had a breakdown in the middle of the night with a loaner car (red palio) but TASS guys came to my rescue in flat 30 mins.

I feel its better to be without a loaner car than regret having one.

I know you are a doctor and you need a car in emrgency.

I took the car as i do not have a second car at home else i wouldnt take the loaner car at all.

Go back to your old school days. Depend on your dad and plead for his Verna.
Old 1st February 2010, 08:37   #898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You have run into 60 pages alone here for this car. sorry its not to offend you but as a doctor practice some Patience
It is no use really being patient with TASS. how can i be when they are causing scratches on the running board and putting diesel engine oil in my petrol car?

Yes it has benn 60 pages of passionate ownership. i write everything in detail, because this has been my dream car and when i find the TASS sorely lacking standards what am i supposed to do?.

may be at delhi You are getting a better service and thats why you have rated them 10/10. but in chennai i find myself knowing more about the car than the authorised service centre mechanic!!

And i have to fight to get everything done!!

Quote:
I know you are a doctor and you need a car in emrgency.

I took the car as i do not have a second car at home else i wouldnt take the loaner car at all.

Go back to your old school days. Depend on your dad and plead for his Verna
yeah thats what i am doing now!!. it is not the loaner car perse that is irritating me. it is their attitude in not making arrangement , not even informing me over the phone about the availability of the loaner car which is irritating.

You were there on friday with me when sairaj told that he will send the loaner car on saturday. he has not even cared to call me and inform me about the non availability!!!. this shows the TASS non caring attitude.

Then why do they have to advertise saying that they provide loaner cars!!!?

Last edited by geeash : 1st February 2010 at 08:42.
Old 1st February 2010, 10:10   #899
Senior - BHPian

I can see the real reason behind Fiat pulling out the vocal white colour from production.

Having a vocal Flamenco Red owner was quite enough for them .
Old 1st February 2010, 23:10   #900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I can see the real reason behind Fiat pulling out the vocal white colour from production.

Having a vocal Flamenco Red owner was quite enough for them

Probably yes. thats the only way me and BNZ JON can extract work fron the TASS.A small lapse they will terribly screw up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks