Team-BHP - Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/57313-fiat-linea-2nd-birthday-61.html)

Ashwin, are you taking delivery of your car tommorrow ?

If yes; need a favour.
Pls check my car if they have done the required works. Just need to check if the painting job is perfect and new the doors are aligned to the rest of the body.

Also, Dinitrol treatment is done to the new doors.

Thanks, i am travelling from tommorrow and is back only on saturday. Will call you tommorrow to discuss.

Quote:

Ashwin, are you taking delivery of your car tommorrow ?

If yes; need a favour.
Pls check my car if they have done the required works. Just need to check if the painting job is perfect and new the doors are aligned to the rest of the body.

Also, Dinitrol treatment is done to the new doors.

Thanks, i am travelling from tommorrow and is back only on saturday. Will call you tommorrow to discuss.
Yes mate!!

i will check your car.

i will call you in morning ok.

Going to TASS now. will soon post back my scrutiny

I am terribly pleased with the job the concorde (TASS) has done this time on my car. Have got my car back smiling !!. will write a detailed review about my service experience tonight or tomorrow.

Fait, you have improved leaps and bounds this time. Kudos to you!!!

Thats great news Ashwin. Finally you have come out of Concorde all smiles :)

geeash, I see that you're having quite a love hate relationship with Fiat. :)

Good to hear that they've done a good job this time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp1975 (Post 1712631)
geeash, I see that you're having quite a love hate relationship with Fiat. :)

Good to hear that they've done a good job this time.

Ashwin and Fiat were husband and wife in their last birth lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnzjon (Post 1712638)
Ashwin and Fiat were husband and wife in their last birth lol:

Good one there!

Probably a husband and wife who were a touch too emotional :)

complaints and rectification

The issues:
1. A noise from back coming from nowhere (probably from left rear door) on getting down potholes . This had been coming right from the First service

Issue Resolved

Adjusted the Door links For each door + rear LH door lock adjusted and tightened to 1250 nm torque

2. There was a tick tick sopund coming from my right front window and 3 tick sound coming on opening and closing left front window

Issue resolved

Right door link rod corrected
FR-LHS door winder for power window Regulator Lubricated

3. Headlight allignment focus issue

Head lamp each removed and refit Headlight focussing done

Not yet checked - As i couldnt drive yesterday night

4. Allignment car veering to left minimally

Wheel balancing done along with allignment

5. Wiper squeaking and wobbling issue again coming back

Wiper Arm front R and L itself and the both blades Replaced under warranty

Have not checked . Will check when rain comes

6. Slight stiff ride, Especially bumpy on right rear side

Issue resolved - R/R Lower link ball joint replaced , Suspension Bush checked

7. Underbody inspection and dinitrol protection 2nd inspection

Done- Full Body dinitrol antirust treatment 2 nd inspection checked and redone in a few specific areas of scrapping

8. Engineguard scraping bent

Straightened now. but since it is very flimsy It is likely to bend again . I have to be very careful over the bumps now

9. Gear knob vibration

It is normal. no abnormal vibrations felt. probably because of the engine guard issue

10. A/C cooling ineffective -

Checked. Cut off and cut in point were respectively 6.5 degree and 8 degree.

A/C pollen filter changed

And believe me A/C was fantastic when i came back riding the car

11. Sound ( tak tak )coming from RHS front wheel occasionally

Balancing and allignment will resolve the issue

other things done were

12. A big scratch was there on the rear left fender which had happened on the day before the service . It had happened when i was reversing the vehicle and my vehicle brished on the left with my hospital duty doctors vehicle . Never realised the damage was much, so didnt get down from the vehicle that day :Frustrati. It was the SA who brought it to my notice on the service day. My face hung!!. Got it repaired and repainted now

13. Engine oil , FF, AF, PF, OF, Windscreen wash Done and 2nd service was done as per the schedule

Review

The quality of service at concorde has immensely improved. This is one of the very rare times that i have come smiling out of TASS. I was very happy with the way they have washed and cleaned my car and attended to all the issues which i have told them.

Main improvement is the way the service advisor taking care to explain me the things which was carried out pointing each issues i have told him and the necessary steps taken.

And this is the first time all the issues raised by me was looked into. earlier they used to leave one or two.

Infact to get my confidence the SA had taken me for a test drive in my car before paying the bill

Out of topic

Mr. Murali Subramaniam has been posted as a Technical works and approach manager for the southern region. it is he who takes care of the attitude of the TASS and its recruits. He has been personally posted to make the linea and punto customers feel good and to prevent the mechanics and others to get away from the indicab and safari mindset

Mr.Raja, the body shop manager is very dedicated . He takes good care of the car and tells the truth. He keeps the customers updated about the works being done then and there. he says " it is a challenge to work for customers like bnz jon , me and others ( a couple of other lineaand punto owners) who are pretty informed about each problems through team-bhp. It is by working to please them that he can grow".

I have posted what he has done about a sticker issue in binze johns thread. This shows how much the attitude of the TASS has changed

The Rusting issue: Overall 4 cars have come for rusting issue to concorde ( 2 punto and 2 linea including bnz jon's) out of so many cars they have sold. The rust in the shock absorber mount screw studs and engine near the belt is normal as it is made of cast iron. The person took me to various linea and punto even a manza in workshop and showed me . They all including thy self car had rust only in those two places.

But the rust on the bonnet mount screw and the doors are not normal and needs to be taken care of .
It seems fiat has put a red alert on all the dealership to report the case of abnormal rust and are willing to take countersteps to resolve all the issues ASAP.

So take your car to Tass as soon as possible If you find rust in abnormal areas and get the thing resolved.

Fiat also has made a protocol that any car standing in the workshop for more than 2 days should be informed to the topbrass of the region. This is to take care of the Parts delay issue. Seems a few parts are needed to be shipped from ranjangaon and it should not take more than 2 days to get the things resolved if the parts are not available at TASS.

Fiat is also shiiping all the parts that are frequently required to the dealership and is to be stocked and replaced then and there.

The Manager and Mr. Murali was talking about some free service camp to be held in Tamilnadu on feb 27,28. I managed to overhear. i dont know whether it is for Fiat or TATA vehicles

Will scan a pic of the bill and post it for you tonight. Until then

All Is well !!

PS: I have to really thank Binze John Who has fought along side me to see this change in attitude of the TASS.

Kudos to him and TASS

Dr.Ashwinkumar

Very well written Dr. Its nice to see FIAT taking things further. I wish them luck and I pray their service would be as good as their products.

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeash (Post 1686385)
installed Garmin XT Mobile GPS on my Nokia N82 ..... saves me 11k...

Nokia has made its ovi-maps navigation software free. Better get that since its not pirated. :)

Nokia Europe - Maps - Compatibility & download clap:

Geeash, After all a smile on your face and its very good to see because we also get affected when something goes wrong with any Fiat owners.
Please drive carefully this time so you don't need to go Tass before one year.
Also please let us know if you feel any difference in engine power or noise level etc.

Nice to hear that you are happy with the service center.

Thank you for putting a word with them for me. I am waiting for their call about the spare parts.

I somehow feel that this car always make me to go service center often. I have visted more than 5 times in two months of ownership.

Thanks.
Nag

Quote:

Geeash, After all a smile on your face and its very good to see because we also get affected when something goes wrong with any Fiat owners.
Please drive carefully this time so you don't need to go Tass before one year.
Also please let us know if you feel any difference in engine power or noise level etc.
Quote:

Nice to hear that you are happy with the service center
Quote:

Very well written Dr. Its nice to see FIAT taking things further. I wish them luck and I pray their service would be as good as their products.

I sincerely also hope that the standard of service remains the same too and they keep me happy

The noise level as certainly come down. But engine power i havent noticed any appreciable change . will keep you posted

One more thing

The coupon in the manual lists only wheel alignment as part of free service. The concorde have charged me for the Balancing and claim that the balancing is not a part of the service protocol and is chargable. i personally saw the manual coupon and no balancing was written there.

I am seeing that Fastlove has got balancing too free of cost. Can others who have done 2nd service report back whether they were charged for balancing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeash (Post 1713509)
3. Headlight allignment focus issue

Head lamp each removed and refit Headlight focussing done

Not yet checked - As i couldnt drive yesterday night

Fiat is also shiiping all the parts that are frequently required to the dealership and is to be stocked and replaced then and there.

Ashwin,

1. pls let me know if the headlight throw is adequate now. I still find mine not adequate enough especially during highway drives

2. I have my doubts on the spare part stocks. Maybe, its improved from the earlier months. I still find few replacements like wiper blades,mud flaps etc not available and it takes a minimum of one week to get it from pune.

3. did you check if the prices charged as per the list available in Fiat India site ?You were saying that the estimate on the jobcard was on the higher side.

Its nice to see you coming out of the TASS all smiles.