Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2010, 09:59   #946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Yes you are right brother one must do what he feels good to himself and go ahead with it , my nature is such initially I also thought that if a car Is given to us with so many goodies almost free of cost as compared to others I was in two minds between HONDA CITY and LINEA but finally LINEA was the choise of the family members and we went ahead and booked it.
Iqbal, good and wise decision. You will definetely be happy about your decision.

Please start a thread of yours once you get the car. All the V Best.
Old 18th February 2010, 09:06   #947
Senior - BHPian

The seat issue is still persisting even after the assembly change. It is comming down but not drastically like before. it now comes down once in 2 days
Old 18th February 2010, 10:58   #948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
The seat issue is still persisting even after the assembly change. It is comming down but not drastically like before. it now comes down once in 2 days
Ashwin, i havent come across this problem yet.
Once it gave me a scare that i found the seat height went down by 2-3 notches but not after that.

Will check for the next couple of days and will report.
Old 19th February 2010, 10:33   #949
Senior - BHPian

I am going to auto and accessories expo held at YMCA ground on feb20 and 21. going to look for any accessories for linea. anyone coming tiomorrow?

Welcome - Times Of India ePaper

see page 31 on chennai edition
Old 19th February 2010, 12:52   #950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Hi. Everyone Yesterday I have booked my LINEA EMOTION PACK. I have selected Red colour, Iwas told by plenty of people that dont go for this car as I will face problems aftersales, and as FIAT is a alredady Failure compony ,just look at fate of palio owners etc etc . But brushed aside all their sayings and went ahead for it.
This car has all goodies which other competitor will charge you extra.Although it has less pick up as compared to others but it is a refined new generation car afterall. Iwil post Photos when I get delivery from Concord at Mumbai.
Sorry to use Aswin's thread , but Congratulations Iqbal on booking a Linea. IMHO , there is no car in this category in india that Costs just Rs. 1800/- as Service Cost for 15000km (and that too for oil change) . Atleast that is my experience with my Petrol Linea. I am happily Cruising and have covered 18900 km + so far in 10 months with the greatest Joy of driving this beauty. So, once again Congratulations on becoming the brand new member of the "Admiration Guaranteed" Club !!

Statutory Warning : Be prepared for Neighbours Envy!

Last edited by FastLove : 19th February 2010 at 12:54.
Old 20th February 2010, 02:31   #951
BHPian

Quote:
I am going to auto and accessories expo held at YMCA ground on feb20 and 21. going to look for any accessories for linea. anyone coming tiomorrow?

Welcome - Times Of India ePaper

see page 31 on chennai edition
The only interesting participant is Haute Car Shop. Check with them if they have stainless steel chrome exhaust which would fit into Linea's.

Linea's exhaust is pointed downwards and has to be welded to fit the additional exhaust. You may check if they would do it.
Old 20th February 2010, 07:00   #952
BHPian

i might be dropping in as well. I want to get a windscreen mount for my phone.
Old 22nd February 2010, 00:30   #953
Senior - BHPian

Went to the auto expo on sunday. it was horrible. i couldnt get any other better word to describe it .

Only solace was Garmin and Haute Car zone!!

This is the smallest car expo i have ever seen. Even the local exhibition would have been bigger!!

I wonder why they advertised this as chennai's largest auto expo

Didnt buy anything from there!!

By the by i got this in my mail

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-untitled.jpg

Last edited by geeash : 22nd February 2010 at 00:31.
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:20   #954
BHPian

Hi Geeash, I am using your thread for asking other linea owners questions regarding anti theft alarm systems as I see your you thread is regularly updated by you and others. I am new here and won't be successful in getting replies on a new thread for this topic. (Mods, I am not sure if I can make multiple posts on different threads in trying to seek some answers on the Linea. My Fiat Linea’s both front and back logos got stolen today and I am trying to find a way to prevent it from happening again after I put new ones on the car)

My query:
We have the company standard fitment of the remote central locking. However does this equipment also double up as an anti theft device? Does the car start honking or give out some kind of audible alarm if some one tries to have an unauthorized break in. If it does, can the sensor cables be extended to the boot and the front grille to connect to the Fiat Emblems? In case someone tries to rip off the logos, the alarm will ring. This may at least save the second logo as the thief might try to scurry off after hearing the alarm. Plus there’s a chance that the thief can be caught red handed. Does anyone have any ideas on how to prevent this kind of vandalism on our prized possessions? Has anyone tried installing any additional anti theft alarms in the car?
Old 22nd February 2010, 17:57   #955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We have the company standard fitment of the remote central locking. However does this equipment also double up as an anti theft device? Does the car start honking or give out some kind of audible alarm if some one tries to have an unauthorized break in. If it does, can the sensor cables be extended to the boot and the front grille to connect to the Fiat Emblems? In case someone tries to rip off the logos, the alarm will ring. This may at least save the second logo as the thief might try to scurry off after hearing the alarm. Plus there’s a chance that the thief can be caught red handed. Does anyone have any ideas on how to prevent this kind of vandalism on our prized possessions? Has anyone tried installing any additional anti theft alarms in the car?
No the car does not honk or give out any alarms as it does not have shock alarm systems. Though it has a engine immobiliser which will prevent the usage of any other key for stealing the car. My Linea and Emotion emblems were too stolen 10 days back. i have not fixed the emblems back though i have it my hand for the same fear and i also want to expklore the possibilities and the stick the emblems
Old 22nd February 2010, 18:31   #956
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajBajwa View Post
If it does, can the sensor cables be extended to the boot and the front grille to connect to the Fiat Emblems?
Apparently the central locking system in the Linea (like mine in the NHC) does not have alarm features. But this can be done with after market systems where in you will be able to add sensors for the boot and the bonnet. This can also be enhanced with impact sensors, but if they are sensitive enough to warn even for emblem theft, it would be a nuisance as it would sound the alarm for anything and every thing.

Are these emblems screwed into place or stuck in place?

Quote:
i have not fixed the emblems back though i have it my hand for the same fear and i also want to expklore the possibilities and the stick the emblems
The not so elegant / cheap way would be to use stickers with similar design in place of the regular emblems.
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:03   #957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But this can be done with after market systems where in you will be able to add sensors for the boot and the bonnet. This can also be enhanced with impact sensors, but if they are sensitive enough to warn even for emblem theft, it would be a nuisance as it would sound the alarm for anything and every thing.
I have searched the whole market there is no system which has the alarm system alone without remote locking!!

Quote:
Are these emblems screwed into place or stuck in place?
The fiat round logo has screws But the linea and Emotion logo are just stickers!!
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:20   #958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajBajwa View Post
Hi Geeash, I am using your thread for asking other linea owners questions regarding anti theft alarm systems as I see your you thread is regularly updated by you and others. I am new here and won't be successful in getting replies on a new thread for this topic. (Mods, I am not sure if I can make multiple posts on different threads in trying to seek some answers on the Linea. My Fiat Linea’s both front and back logos got stolen today and I am trying to find a way to prevent it from happening again after I put new ones on the car)

My query:
Raj, sorry to hear this :(

IMO, there are no anti theft devices which can protect logos etc. Even if it is available, it is going to cause you more pain because the alarm goes off everytime someone touches your car.

This would drain the battery by the time you reach your car (imagine you watching a movie or in a busy official meeting etc)
Old 23rd February 2010, 17:29   #959
Senior - BHPian

Can some one throw light on whether these impact sensors with alarm systems are available separately without remote locking solution?
Old 23rd February 2010, 19:59   #960
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Can some one throw light on whether these impact sensors with alarm systems are available separately without remote locking solution?
I am not aware of one yet. They are all remote central locking cum alarm devices.

If the make is known, maybe you can approach them to change it for you. I think the control unit would have to be changed to get the additional functions.

Most Viewed