Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2010, 07:52   #976
Senior - BHPian

My car insurance is getting expired on 20rh . so i have been huntimng for insurance quote from all possible links.

karthik finally which insurance did you renew?

what am i supposed to look in insurance quote?

can someone throw me more light
Old 7th April 2010, 08:27   #977
Senior - BHPian

That is my insurance quotes

Kindly provide your valuble insights
Old 7th April 2010, 16:10   #978
BHPian

Hi Ashwin,

I had taken Insurance from TATA AIG last year (October 2009) with my IDV being 6,76,243. (My Model is the same as yours - Linea Petrol Emotion Option Pack - Flamenco Red) I was able to transfer my No Claim Bonus from my old car of 45%. The total premium including taxes what I paid was Rs. 10,568. This seems low but is primarily because of the high NCB. Nevertheless you can try them for a quote.
Old 7th April 2010, 16:52   #979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post

That is my insurance quotes

Kindly provide your valuble insights

98413 23232 call this number for Bajaj Allianz.
His name is Perumal and refer my name karthik - Linea
He will definitely help you with good IDV with less rate.
try this.

check this url for my 2nd year insurance details:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1764401-post585.html

Last edited by aks_karthik : 7th April 2010 at 16:54.
Old 7th April 2010, 17:11   #980
BHPian

Quote:
The total premium including taxes what I paid was Rs. 10,568
What is the IDV now?
Old 7th April 2010, 18:02   #981
BHPian

I was able to transfer my No Claim Bonus - ok got it
Old 17th April 2010, 13:14   #982
BHPian

Ashwin, did you renew your insurance ?
What is the IDV and how much is the premium ?

Please update, thanks.

5 more days for you Linea's first birthday ! time to celebrate !!
Old 20th April 2010, 18:30   #983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ashwin, did you renew your insurance ?
What is the IDV and how much is the premium ?

Please update, thanks.

5 more days for you Linea's first birthday ! time to celebrate !!
Have renewed my insurance

Had it done with Bajaj Allianz

IDV: 6 lakhs

Premium : Rs.12,318 /-

Had taken my car to concorde for few small niggles . The door chrome handle which was stuck during the 2nd service on front right side had fallen off somewhere. TASS has now replaced it with new Assembly under warranty

Few other niggles were also corrected. A few are still there

The seat is coming down again even after the seat track change

The spring action on the key is gone . dont know how it happened

2 days to go for the first birthday of my car. Have called the 3M for a coat of paint protection to get back the car into gleanming shapre on her first birthday.

I have clocked close to 19k in one year.

This is the first time i have clocked so much in any car. it is mainly due to sheer pleasure of driving.

Way to go linea!!

guys Wish my car a very happy birthday day after tomorrow !!

Last edited by geeash : 20th April 2010 at 18:32.
Old 20th April 2010, 18:42   #984
Senior - BHPian

Dr. Ashwin,

Lovely to see your Linea thread in action as always and great that you have clocked up so many miles. 18k is way too much for a petrol, wouldnt a MJD been a better option

My running aint that much, 11k kms about to be completed and just faced one major niggle when my electronics system failed which TASS was able to solve in a few hours. Would update my thread later, a lot to be updated i guess.

My friend's Linea's driver side door chrome handle flew off somewhere and he got it done under warranty as always FIAT was generous with it. Hope this isnt a common problem and soon in this heat the handles keep falling.

Keep munching the miles, as you know our Linea was bought for highway usage so i would always be behind you and Amit.

As for Insurance, i got it done through Reliance for just 10595 which included 1st year No Claim Bonus and IDV is 597000

Last edited by coolboy007 : 20th April 2010 at 18:43.
Old 20th April 2010, 23:52   #985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
wouldnt a MJD been a better option
Never expected that i would be clocking this much in a petrol car!!. MJD would have been really better

Quote:
As for Insurance, i got it done through Reliance for just 10595 which included 1st year No Claim Bonus and IDV is 597000
Thats pretty good!!. pretty cheap on premium too!!

hope the handle falling is not a universal problem
Old 23rd April 2010, 13:51   #986
Distinguished - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd April 2010 at 14:01.
nkrishnap is offline   Received Infraction
Old 23rd April 2010, 18:45   #987
Senior - BHPian

I have done the fourth installment of paint protection today. The 3M guys were kind enough to come home to do the job for my 1 year old baby as i couldnt get out due to my hectic work schedule. They charged me 100Rs extra for commuting charges In addition to 1000rs for the whole car detailing job. The car is back to showroom condition. It is spic and span.

Topped up Nitrogen today. The car tyre pressure had gone drastically down this time and this was the cause of the tyre noise all along. It was 24 psi in one wheel and others were between 29 to 32. i had filled nitrous only 4 weeks back to 33psi. i somehow get the feeling that Nitrous is doing no good.

Why is the tyre pressure coming down despite people telling me that one fill would last 3 months?. Am i missing to check something?.

Anyways i have topped it upto 33psi again and have to check time and again. The bridgestone select guys were also too kind enough to give me metal tyre valve caps free of cost . they told me that this would prevent the leakage. but i am not sure.

Probably i have to get a tyre pressure checker and keep a watch.
The tyre noise has come down drastically after the refil of nitrogen and the car is gliding as smooth as ever before

The key spring action is gone and each time i have to lift the key up. I have to get this thingy fixed next time

I have stuck the linea badge on the boot after getting it after the last time someone meddled with it. I have not stuck the emotion badge as there were some resin like matierial left over from the previous badge. The 3M guys have cleaned it of with spirit. i have to stick the emotion badge now. will do it tomorrow and post a pic for you guys

Bnz - when shall we go for the osram night breaker thingy?. I think waiting for philips to launch xtreme power H1 in india is a waste of time. i dont think it is going to make a big difference. I have read up almost all websites and they say that the difference is marginal with phlips being marginally better and costly too.

So it is better and wise to chose osram as they are also OEM bulb manufacturers for many OEM automotive companies internationally.!!

the seat is still coming down . i have raised it again to optimal driving level. will post the feed back soon.

Get.set.go

Ashwinkumar
Old 23rd April 2010, 18:51   #988
Senior - BHPian

geeash: Congrats on 1100th post! Happy B'day to you car too!

Some pics of the B'day car please!
Old 24th April 2010, 01:47   #989
BHPian

Happy Birthday wishes to your Linea !

Quote:
The bridgestone select guys were also too kind enough to give me metal tyre valve caps free of cost . they told me that this would prevent the leakage. but i am not sure.
Pictures of the tyre valve cap please

Quote:
Bnz - when shall we go for the osram night breaker thingy?. I think waiting for philips to launch xtreme power H1 in india is a waste of time. i dont think it is going to make a big difference. I have read up almost all websites and they say that the difference is marginal with phlips being marginally better and costly too.

So it is better and wise to chose osram as they are also OEM bulb manufacturers for many OEM automotive companies internationally.!!
Am free tommorrow. Anytime (post lunch) at your convenience is fine with me. Please let me know the time and place to meet.

Chennai distributor for Osram Auto Lighting is 'Sangam Auto' on GP Road (opposite Majestic Plaza). Its on the left side of the road when we go towards Mount road from satyamurthy Bhavan (congress office).

MRP for h1 and h7 for a pair is Rs. 3,300.
They quoted Rs. 2800 over phone. Let's bargain

Quote:
the seat is still coming down . i have raised it again to optimal driving level. will post the feed back soon.
Christ ! not again !!!!!
I checked and its all fine in my car.
Old 24th April 2010, 08:54   #990
Senior - BHPian

@ arun 1100

Thanks . will soon post the pic

@ binze

will post the pic too

i am supposed to go to T.Nagar too. will try to call you and visit GP road and get the bulbs.

Does anyone know when are we supposed to shift the thread to long term ownership???. it is not listed in rules anywhere

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks