Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2010, 18:38   #1006
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post

Chennai distributor for Osram Auto Lighting is 'Sangam Auto' on GP Road (opposite Majestic Plaza). Its on the left side of the road when we go towards Mount road from satyamurthy Bhavan (congress office).

MRP for h1 and h7 for a pair is Rs. 3,300.
They quoted Rs. 2800 over phone. Let's bargain
Thanks for this heads up Bnz, I picked up nightbreakers for my palio from this same shop.. Sangam is on the right side of the road though
Old 17th June 2010, 08:59   #1007
Senior - BHPian

My linea crossed 20000 kms yesterday. will post the pic soon
Old 17th June 2010, 09:11   #1008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
My linea crossed 20000 kms yesterday. will post the pic soon
Wow Congrats!! 20K in a year thats a good mileage, I wonder had she been a MJD, you would have easily crossed 30K
Old 17th June 2010, 10:29   #1009
BHPian

BNZJON, geeash,

I am finding the OEM light provided on my Linea inadequate. From below post I am not getting whether I need H1 or H7 or both.

Can you please throw some light on the application of these bulbs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
MRP for h1 and h7 for a pair is Rs. 3,300.
Old 21st July 2010, 10:10   #1010
Senior - BHPian

sorry for not posting for long time. it was hectic at work and i couldn't find time to post.
And on 1 st July 2010 evil eye befell my Linea. My baby had a accident. I was going as usual to my hospital when a guy came from nowhere on a tvs moped on the wrong lane and rammed head on on my linea. The car withstood the impact and luckily no one was hurt. the man tried to run away. It took me some usain bolt effort to catch him up and thrash him. booked a FIR on him and got the FIR copy . my Linea front right headlight and bumper damaged. abs indicator glows with abs unavailable in MID
Called the insurance ( bajaj allianz) and registered the claim on that day and took the car to Concorde the next day.
my worst nightmare begins they don't have headlights in stock. they have a bumper but they said they are not sure when they can deliver up the car. Mr.Prakash was the body shop in charge. he told me that he would place the order on Monday as it was Saturday and get the headlight on Wednesday.
i wasn't pleased. i mean how can they say they don't have a headlight which was a common part which can get damaged? puzzled?
so i put up a word with the manager and came off. i also gave them a list of complaints which also needs attention and came off.
Never got a call from them until Thursday. my patience worn off. called them again to check and still no sign of headlight arriving. the service advisor could not give me a time frame .
Called up Mangesh and gave him a piece of mind. " he still say that he has ordered all the TASS to stock at least 3 nos of these spare parts and they are not doing it".
He is saying this after 1 and 1/2 years after the launch of the car. still they cannot streamline the spare parts availability. it is really a shame. i had enquired the other service centres too they also don't have one in stock. or they are not willing to give??
anyways it is a shame on fiat
finally after the blast i got a call from Concorde saying the part is arriving on the next day. but the headlight came only on Saturday.
Finally the car got ready on Tuesday and sent back to me dropped by their driver
The headlight and finish of the bumper is fine.
But imaging if they are going to take 11 days for repairing a headlight and bumper hat would have happened if there was some serious damage?

I think Fiat need some serious introspection and see of they can deliver things in time.
They cannot still say that they are out of stock even after 1 and 1/2 years
I was made to pay rs.4920 as insurance would pay only 50% of the headlight and bumper cost
Now you thought the nightmare has got finished?
no, more horror continued
when i test drove the car the abs light came on again!!! with the message again flashing on MID
when i checked the car to my horror i found that they have not rectified majority of the additional complaints i had given.
The TASS is 36kms from my home. it is really frustrating to take the car each time there engulfed in traffic snarls to get these things ready. so called them again and gave them a firing . told them i cannot take the car and come there each time to get things ready for their fault. I asked them for a loaner car which was not also available.
finally they have managed to arrange a good old palio as a loaner car and sent the car to me yesterday and have taken my car back for rectification

Now you guys tell me should i kick them on their butt or not?
i am not able to post pics right now. i will scan the bill and post it with other pics too soon
Old 21st July 2010, 10:26   #1011
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-15062010765.jpg

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-03072010774.jpg

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-03072010775.jpg

The pics say the story
Old 21st July 2010, 10:43   #1012
Senior - BHPian

Finally you got the car back in pristine condition.
other day,I had checked with VST and TAFE guys.
They too didn't have had it in their stock as VST had used two sets of headlights a day before.But Bumper was in stock.
For Bumper and One headlight,we have to spend some 4k+ is really a big amount after claiming insurance.

What you said is 100% true.
very irritating to go to service station every fortnightly to solve small issues.
But i setup my mind while buying Linea that too service from TATA .so it's not been a big trouble for me.
Now-a-days VST is doing a good job and a Team Lead named Mr.Mathi has done a great job and co-ordinating with all and come up with a good service.

Enjoy and Drive Safe.
Old 26th July 2010, 14:15   #1013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Finally you got the car back in pristine condition.
other day,I had checked with VST and TAFE guys.
They too didn't have had it in their stock as VST had used two sets of headlights a day before.But Bumper was in stock.
For Bumper and One headlight,we have to spend some 4k+ is really a big amount after claiming insurance.

What you said is 100% true.
very irritating to go to service station every fortnightly to solve small issues.
But i setup my mind while buying Linea that too service from TATA .so it's not been a big trouble for me.
Now-a-days VST is doing a good job and a Team Lead named Mr.Mathi has done a great job and co-ordinating with all and come up with a good service.

Enjoy and Drive Safe.
Dear Senior BHPian Karthik, Its right what you are saying, VST Motors seems to be taking care of the Fiat customers especially with Mr. Mathi and Mr.Kirubakaran who have been put on the Fiat brand. It is also useful as if in case of any doubts or clarification, we can just call them up and clarify accordingly. I am closing in on 10000km and am just about couple of hundred kilometres less. Should be crossing the same by the end of this week. Not much of driving during the week. So have you bought anything further from Xenos? I have put the metal door sill plates and a trunk mat which is linea specific. I also contemplated the door window protectors, i am in a quandry about whether to go in for it or not. I have come across another offer from a friend of mine who can get the ECU tuned for extra power and mileage.The question is should I reconfigure the factory settings of the ECU which is currently giving me adequate power and a in-city mileage of 10kmpl. Can anyone help me out on this ?
Old 26th July 2010, 15:18   #1014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhenius View Post
So have you bought anything further from Xenos?
As of now,No.
But planned to get Mapmyindia 5" ZX150 Deluxe soon.

Quote:
I have put the metal door sill plates and a trunk mat which is linea specific. I also contemplated the door window protectors, i am in a quandry about whether to go in for it or not.
whether you bought it from Xenos or some other shop.
I am looking for Boot mat.seems For some Rs.350 it's available in some shops at Anna Nagar.

Quote:
I have come across another offer from a friend of mine who can get the ECU tuned for extra power and mileage.The question is should I reconfigure the factory settings of the ECU which is currently giving me adequate power and a in-city mileage of 10kmpl. Can anyone help me out on this ?
I think,Factory setting should not be altered.Definitely warranty will be kaput and if you are satisfied with the current power,then it's a big NO.
Old 26th July 2010, 16:04   #1015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
As of now,No.
But planned to get Mapmyindia 5" ZX150 Deluxe soon.
Yeah, ZX150 makes more sense.

whether you bought it from Xenos or some other shop.
I am looking for Boot mat.seems For some Rs.350 it's available in some shops at Anna Nagar.
I bought it from this shop on GP road, Sushil Jain, i saw it from one of Ravi J 's posts and went and got it.

I think,Factory setting should not be altered.Definitely warranty will be kaput and if you are satisfied with the current power,then it's a big NO.
Ok Thanks for the advice
Old 26th August 2010, 10:01   #1016
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-21082010788.jpg

Accident on 21/08/10.

When i was standing at a signal , when a ritz came and smashed the rear of my car. have given the car for mending again
Old 26th August 2010, 10:34   #1017
BHPian

ouch! That hurts ... the bumper and chrome strips look like they need to be replaced .... will result in out of pocket expenses.

The Ritz must have been surely at high speed to cause such a damage on Linea. What happened to the Ritz?

My Linea is also at workshop since 3 days .... some moron scratched my car real bad and also I have scraped my car against a pillar while reversing :(
Old 26th August 2010, 11:07   #1018
BHPian

Dr,

Sad to see your car in such a bad state, u should have injected a lethal injection to the Ritz owner. Hope the rear bumper is in stock this time.
Old 26th August 2010, 11:09   #1019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ouch! That hurts ... the bumper and chrome strips look like they need to be replaced .... will result in out of pocket expenses.

The Ritz must have been surely at high speed to cause such a damage on Linea. What happened to the Ritz?

My Linea is also at workshop since 3 days .... some moron scratched my car real bad and also I have scraped my car against a pillar while reversing :(
Yeah the ritz hit my vehicle while i was standing at signal behind 4 cars. The moron should have birdwatched when he hit my car. Lucky that only bumper was damaged + clips of the tail lights the rest of the parts are like tank.

Yeah i anticipated the claims out of my pocket so got 10K from the moron in cash as i knew the insurance will give only 50% for all these plastic parts.

And now i got a call from SA saying that it would caost me nearly 10k . so i was right.

Ritz had bonnet, bumper, grill, both fender and both front door damages as a result of impact from linea

Last edited by geeash : 26th August 2010 at 11:11.
Old 26th August 2010, 11:10   #1020
Senior - BHPian

Thats a bad hit. I'm sure the Ritz must have had a punctured radiator ? Is the ritz guy paying for the damage?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks