Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2011, 11:00   #1051
Senior - BHPian

re: Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!

bnzjon and karthik

I personally know mr.vinayakamurthy of 3m just let me know when you guys are going and i will put up a word there. may be ill come there too lets see

BNZJON

researched the headlight bulbs. the removing of the bulbs are very easy and looks like a DIY job only. will try it. did you change the bulbs?

PS: did you get the money for the bulbs ? just keep me posted

Last edited by geeash : 28th February 2011 at 11:03.
Old 28th February 2011, 15:18   #1052
Senior - BHPian

This ecodrive software for linea is amazing. my ecodrive is settling down to around 73-74. and what an insight it gives on my driving !! Kudos to fiat. i never thought it would work in indian fiat lineas. i just have no worlds. Kudos to FIAT for giving such a addition to blue and me

i have still 3 days of driving left for it to analyse and recommend me modifications in driving style for more fuel efficiency and greener environment

it is just great.
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-untitled.jpg

other linea owners please do try and use this amazing addition to blue and me. all it needs is a USB stick which can simultaneously store your songs too.

Even if you dont have a USB stick it can still record your driving upto 8hrs

Yippieeee!!

cheers

ashwin
Old 28th February 2011, 16:04   #1053
Senior - BHPian

guys,
I have created a exclusive thread for ecodrive in technical stuff area !! if you guys have any doubts post your queries there
Old 1st March 2011, 09:30   #1054
Senior - BHPian

Now after 13 trips my ecodrive if falling into place and is averaging 74 and varies from 73 to 78 being the highest. have 3 days of analysis to go to know how i can drive more greener. cmon guys lets start a game and see who can drive more subtle to the environment.

honestly i have never been a green eco-friendly person till now. but eco:drive has motivated to turn green and ecofriendly !!

i wonder why doesnt fiat india advertise about ecodrive in lineawhen all the other companies are advertising their greener initiative
Old 2nd March 2011, 10:07   #1055
Senior - BHPian

my ecodrive has dropped by 1 point

yesterday morning i decided to do a minimal gear change drive and see how i am going to far. i used minimal braking and gearchange and came back to analyse to only see that my ecotrend is 68 and 70 respectively

in evening i drove as usual and got 75 and 73.

so at this point of time i really dont know on what basis i have to drive to up my eco index. still 2 days of analysis remaining only then i can see what better i can do

geeash
Old 2nd March 2011, 12:32   #1056
h14
BHPian

Hi geeash. Thanks for sharing the info on ECO drive. Now, I'm glued to this thread.
Old 3rd March 2011, 18:48   #1057
Senior - BHPian

Analysis of my driving done

says the rate of acceleration is bad and i must be nimble footed and also decelerate a bit slow

gear change and speed are top class. learnt a lesson. have set a goal of achieving ecotrend of 80 in 3 weeks . lets see what happens in days to come
Old 4th March 2011, 10:23   #1058
BHPian

@Geeash. I have downloaded this software as well. At first I could get the main page as your snapshot. I have created my profile and have uploaded the data as well. Now My page is stuck to the profiles page. Any ideas?
Old 4th March 2011, 13:11   #1059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
guys,
I have created a exclusive thread for ecodrive in technical stuff area !! if you guys have any doubts post your queries there
geeash, It would be of great help if you could please post the link of that new thread here as well so that in just a click we can access that thread too.
Old 4th March 2011, 15:02   #1060
Senior - BHPian

Great going geeash! I hoep you reach 80 and let us know the secret behind it

Is the eco drive limited to the Lineas or will it be compatible/ is available for the Puntos too?
Old 4th March 2011, 17:18   #1061
Senior - BHPian

ok jaisha here is the link

@selfdrive. as of now it is compatible only to linea. buit since it is the same blue and me in punto as well fiat has promised to update the compatibility very soon

@palio2005
seems to be a wierd problem. ecodrive works with adobe air installed. just try downloading adobe air and install it too.

have you created a profile? is your profile name clickable in the front page? does it import the data from the usb? please furnish more info.

does your fiat record data to usb? just check it out

first go to
my computer page and click in the page where it shows all your drives click tools-> folder option -> view -> and enable show hidden folder and files

2. download the software sqllite from SQLite Database Browser | Download SQLite Database Browser software for free at SourceForge.net

3. navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\"youruser name"\Application Data\com.fiat.convergence.xxxxxxxxxxx\Local Store using sqllite software and open ecodrive journey.db and see if there are journey datas recorded

4. if journeydatas are recorded then most probably your installation is gone wrong somewhere. so install adobe air and the download ecodrive and reinstall and create a profile and see if it is working
Old 5th March 2011, 09:06   #1062
BHPian

HI geeash. Yes I have created a profile. I have also successfully installed it on my car as it shows ecodrive on when I start the car after a few seconds. The data is recorded on the USB as every time I start the software it says "new data has been found" and uploads it. I also checked my programs and Adobe Air is installed. Though I am a geek at computers, I will try to follow your instructions.
Old 5th March 2011, 09:29   #1063
Senior - BHPian

@palioa

then click on the profile name and the car it will go in. or else do a reinstall
Old 7th March 2011, 17:48   #1064
BHPian

Hey geeash. I did as you said and voila all data popped up. My ecoindex is 50 :( I still have 2 days for the analysis to come up but the preliminary analysis shows that I have a pretty low rating for gear changes (just 1 1/2 stars) This gives such and insight into one's driving and is addictive as well. I wonder why Fiat doesn't introduce this into India. This could be such a wonderful marketing tool as no other car company offers this.
Old 8th March 2011, 08:35   #1065
Senior - BHPian

@palio

50 :( . looks like you are not nimble footed and gear change is bad. try my simple solution to you is avoid revving the car too much try to upshift as early as possible.

i am steadily coasting to eighty. right now all my drives yesterday were rated 77-78. i am very happy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks