Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2011, 18:47   #1111
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito View Post
My linea has completed 2000kms till now. One observation was that the ac which was a chiller earlier, now doesn't cool so well. My question is "does the MJD also requires a ac compressor change?"
yeah i agree. but MJD doesnt require a a/c upgrade. seems like pollen filter is clogged. the pollen filter is located beneath the blue and me console and i remove it once a month and use my vaccum cleaner to blow off the dust and a/c becomes chill as good as it was before. there is a DIY video on how to clean the pollen filter in teamfiat forum. you can try that if you wish.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Congrats Geeash. Good to know that you have had a good experience at VST.Your car looks like it's straight out of the showroom. My car is due for mid service as there's been a oil sump leak detected during the free check up camp. Bad QC is as I would put it. Have to leave it for 2 days :(
:( better late than never mate. good that you found out in the camp anyways they will change it under warranty. some one else in this forum also has a similar problem just check it out.......

photos of the a/c upgrade under the hood. found out the a/c console looks new and gleaming
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-28042011878.jpg

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-28042011879.jpg

geeash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2011, 16:59   #1112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
yeah i agree. but MJD doesnt require a a/c upgrade. seems like pollen filter is clogged. the pollen filter is located beneath the blue and me console and i remove it once a month and use my vaccum cleaner to blow off the dust and a/c becomes chill as good as it was before. there is a DIY video on how to clean the pollen filter in teamfiat forum. you can try that if you wish.....

:( better late than never mate. good that you found out in the camp anyways they will change it under warranty. some one else in this forum also has a similar problem just check it out.......

photos of the a/c upgrade under the hood. found out the a/c console looks new and gleaming
Hi Geeash,

did you replace the bulbs? if So, how is the result. I also ordered the same set of bulbs through a friend of mine.

Cheers
Dinesh
Old 9th May 2011, 08:31   #1113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinesh View Post
Hi Geeash,

did you replace the bulbs? if So, how is the result. I also ordered the same set of bulbs through a friend of mine.

Cheers
Dinesh

Yes dinesh. finally did it yesterday. will post a review aftyer my initail assesment in a couple a days

There is too much of a hum after the a/c upgrade in my car. the a/c fan speed is much better though, but still the hum and the engine noise is higher than the normal. looks like i have to do some sound deadening

cheers geeash
Old 9th May 2011, 13:06   #1114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Yes dinesh. finally did it yesterday. will post a review aftyer my initail assesment in a couple a days

There is too much of a hum after the a/c upgrade in my car. the a/c fan speed is much better though, but still the hum and the engine noise is higher than the normal. looks like i have to do some sound deadening

cheers geeash
Hi geeash,

was it a DIY? If so, how did you reach the left side bulbs? I was able to change only the right side bulbs. Do we have to remove the fuse box to replace the left side bulbs?

Cheers
Dinesh
Old 10th May 2011, 23:04   #1115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito
My linea has completed 2000kms till now. One observation was that the ac which was a chiller earlier, now doesn't cool so well. My question is "does the MJD also requires a ac compressor change?"
Now pollen filter is replaced with Wire mesh filter and getting out the filter is little cumbersome because of blue & me kit there which has to be removed to reach the filter.
@Geeash: your comments please.
Old 23rd May 2011, 08:43   #1116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinesh View Post
Hi geeash,

was it a DIY? If so, how did you reach the left side bulbs? I was able to change only the right side bulbs. Do we have to remove the fuse box to replace the left side bulbs?

Cheers
Dinesh
nope it was not DIY. I took it to the TASS to change it. you are right we have to remove the fuse box. no other way

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Now pollen filter is replaced with Wire mesh filter and getting out the filter is little cumbersome because of blue & me kit there which has to be removed to reach the filter.
@Geeash: your comments please.
MJD does not have any a/c kit upgrade till now. i dont know why there has been a upgrade only to petrol vehicle when the same a/c is fil on both mjd and petrol. but definitely both the fan speed and a/c chillnes has increased drastically after the change and is a welcome change in this chennai hot humid weather
Old 23rd May 2011, 15:05   #1117
BHPian

I have recently acquired a Fiat Linea MJD BNW in Bangalore, I will post detail review of the buying and initial ownership exp in a separate forum, just a quick question for now.

The mileage hovers around 10-11 KMPL, the vehicle has done 1.5K in the past one month, when contacted service centre they opined that this will change post the 1st service @ 3000 KMS as the engine will be tuned??

Is this true, the previous Swift VXI returned a similar FE in the initial daya and went only marginally after 5K KMS.

Can it improve to the extent of 30-40% as claimed by the *** people??

I believe all MJD owners are enjoying an average of 15KMPL??
Old 23rd May 2011, 16:53   #1118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suvrajit View Post
I have recently acquired a Fiat Linea MJD BNW in Bangalore, I will post detail review of the buying and initial ownership exp in a separate forum, just a quick question for now.

The mileage hovers around 10-11 KMPL, the vehicle has done 1.5K in the past one month, when contacted service centre they opined that this will change post the 1st service @ 3000 KMS as the engine will be tuned??

Is this true, the previous Swift VXI returned a similar FE in the initial daya and went only marginally after 5K KMS.

Can it improve to the extent of 30-40% as claimed by the *** people??

I believe all MJD owners are enjoying an average of 15KMPL??

Average depends on lots of factors,

1> Driving conditions, do you drive in B2B conditions...?
2> Your driving style, i.e Gear changes at what RPM(You may he used to tall gear ratios of Swift Petrol) Driving Diesel is different than petrol as Torque in D engines comes very early.

Also the tyre pressure, how you use breaks, do not worry, i will recommend to keep instant consumption on, to know the real time average, this helps a lot to improve your efficiency.
Old 23rd May 2011, 17:16   #1119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Average depends on lots of factors,

1> Driving conditions, do you drive in B2B conditions...?
2> Your driving style, i.e Gear changes at what RPM(You may he used to tall gear ratios of Swift Petrol) Driving Diesel is different than petrol as Torque in D engines comes very early.

Also the tyre pressure, how you use breaks, do not worry, i will recommend to keep instant consumption on, to know the real time average, this helps a lot to improve your efficiency.

Thanks Parimal, the Instant consumption figures are impressive to say the least, and yes i am still getting used to driving Diesel.

Also since the engine is still breaking in I am trying to keep her within 1.5K - 2.5K RPM, what is the ideal RPM for upshifts and downshifts in a Diesel??

Regards
Old 16th June 2011, 09:40   #1120
Senior - BHPian

Last week when i was driving my car i started to hear a hissing sound when ever the A/C was switched on. The very next day the A/C conked off. The fan was on but no chill.

Called Mr. kirubakar of vst and fixed appointment for the next day as it was horrible to drive in chennai weather without the A/C. Reached VST motors at 9AM the next day. The SA inspected and suspected Gas leak. So left the car there and came back. Got a call saying the car is ready and i can pick it up in 1 hour at 3pm

Phew!! that was fast. Afterweek long wait for even trivial problems at concorde this was pretty fast.Rushed there and was told it was indeed a gas leak and now rectified. the car was chill again. Since the car was under extended warranty was billed only for Rs.386 for some spares and small things.

To my surprise The car was cleaned and interiors were cleaned and vaccumed. I never expected this as it was not a regular general service. Was told that i was a protocol to clean and vaccum the car even if the car has come for a small problem. came back driving happy and cool

after years of harrasment at concorde i finally see the light at the end of the tunnel
Old 16th June 2011, 19:05   #1121
BHPian

My Linea's AC too has conked off. But unlike yours in my case the engine fan is not working and there is no clicking (usually heard when AC is switched on) sound from the bonnet.
Old 7th July 2011, 17:48   #1122
Senior - BHPian

Update:

The A/c is giving trouble again. after the upgrade. time and again there is the hissing noiuse and cooling conks off. for the past month i have taken it to VST motors twice and they said the gas is low and they checked the leak and again the peoblem returned.

It happened again day before yesterday and now took the car to the VST and gave them a big blast. got a call from SA saying there was a leak at the cooling coil and will take a day to repair.

terribly upset!!..............will call up mangesh and see what i can do.............
Old 7th July 2011, 19:12   #1123
Senior - BHPian

Very worst :(
Unlucky things happens in Fiat very often.
Please update once your car is back.
Old 14th July 2011, 18:21   #1124
Senior - BHPian

Horrible!!

The car has come back after a week time now from VST. Though they have replaced the coocling coil , they have broken one of the A/C vents ( left one on the centre console). there are grease stains everywhere especially a big one near the rear sun guard.

the car has not been washed properly and is in horrible state.

i had asked them to replace 6he rear quarter glass right chrome strip which has fallen of and that has not been done and i get as usual ( part not available) reply. they couldnt get the part when the car was standing for 1 week at VST?

have told the service advisor of all the issues and he has promised to come home on saturday to rectify it. terribly upset and keeping my fingers crossed
Old 18th July 2011, 23:16   #1125
Senior - BHPian

Aal Izz Well

Car is back to normal at last. Mr Krubakar As promised came to replace the A/C vents on sunday. Despite me telling him that i am not available at home, he came to my hospital to change the a/c vents and go.

Surprise Surprise !! The whole Housing with A/c vents with the central satia was changed. Was really surprised.

The SA came with the mechanic and the stereo was promptly removed and the top portion the a/c housing with vents was totally removed and replaced by a new one.

Was surprised when he told me that he has seen my previous post on t-bhp. seems he reads posts of fiat owners in t-bhp

A/C is working fine and i am impressed. more because it was a sunday and despite me not being at home the whole issue was cleared to my satisfaction by fully changing the cental satia which i thought will not be in stock.

finally after 2 long years horrendous servicing at concorde i am seeing someone with commitment in Tata Fiat After Sales. have mailed mangesh giving a word of appreciation about SA and improved Service.

It looks like more good time to come !! we fiat owners might see light at the end of the tunnel.

Have clicked a few photos of the rear side of the stereo Head unit where cables are attached so that it might come useful for someone who wants to upgrade speakers and amps will post it tomorrow

Last edited by geeash : 18th July 2011 at 23:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks