Old 5th August 2011, 10:23   #1156
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!

Thanks Drdeepudev,
I will sure go in my Linea only, just trying to attract encouragement

"(Hope you are covered under fiat first programme)"
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Which program do you mean?

I invite you to our next 'Bhpian Meet' in Ernakulam shortly.
Just watch the 'Cochin Meet' thread for updates of dates.
Old 5th August 2011, 10:27   #1157
Senior - BHPian

Tried it out. Kruba did trouble shoot me to check if something is wrong with the electricals. only thing to trouble shoot now is to recharge the battery and check if the compressor is running even after the switch off. he asked me to switch off the engine and check for any hum from the bonnet. will do it today
Old 7th August 2011, 10:04   #1158
Senior - BHPian

Update:

Got Exide DIN44 battery for the car at a price of 5900/- at a known dealer. the old battery was taken back in exchange and was replaced. The new battery comes with 5 year replaceble warranty .

Installed it and connected the terminals in the car and the car just works fine now
Old 7th August 2011, 19:43   #1159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunney View Post
Thanks Drdeepudev,

"(Hope you are covered under fiat first programme)"
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Which program do you mean?

I invite you to our next 'Bhpian Meet' in Ernakulam shortly.
Just watch the 'Cochin Meet' thread for updates of dates.
I used to follow the meet thread. But, majority of the meets happen on saturday and it is practically impossible for me to attend as my work timing is till 8pm and Sunday is the sole holiday for me. Regarding Fiat first, go through this - Fiat India. I got it as an offer. Later on I heard it was chargeable. The major attraction I felt and availed was the free road side assistance including free towing to the authorised tata-fiat service centre in a flat bed truck. All the best for your journey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Update:

Got Exide DIN44 battery for the car at a price of 5900/- at a known dealer. the old battery was taken back in exchange and was replaced. The new battery comes with 5 year replaceble warranty .

Installed it and connected the terminals in the car and the car just works fine now
Thanks geeash for the info. I got scared hearing your experience. Mine too is a 2009 model Linea. Few of my questions are -1.Does the service guys check the battery water during normal service?
2. Whether the Blue & me got reset?

Last edited by drdeepudev : 7th August 2011 at 19:47.
Old 11th August 2011, 21:37   #1160
Senior - BHPian

Update oncemore:

After getting the new battery the same thing still happened. The new battery drained fully. Was worried so called exide fellows who provide free assistance in chennai from 7am-12pm. He promptly came and checked the battery and said there is nothing wrong with the battery and there is some earth leak problem in the car...........

got tensed up. called the TASS and told them. Took the car immediately to VST again once more after the exide fellows jump started the car.

Mr.Krubakar inspected the car again and said the battery relay is faulty and thats why the compressor runs even when the car is switched off and that drains the battery.

Then he replaced the relay to the battery which is near the battery in the fusebox. Came back and gave the battery for charging and bought it back and fitted it in the car and connected the terminals. have to check now again if the battery looses the charge.........

It is puzzling and frustrating to see this time and again. why did the TASS not check the relay at the first place and told me that the battery was faulty?? Was the old battery really dead or the battery died because of the relay problem due to repeated discharging?

The misdiagnosis is happening time and again.........first for AC cooling coil ......i was told that there was a gas leak and then subsequently that the gas amount was low and then the problem was found out only the third time....

And now this.......

For the past 4 months my car has gone 7 times to the TASS. It is really frustrating to drive 25 kms each time and then 25 kms back for all these problems.

My mindset is slowly changing..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdeepudev View Post

Thanks geeash for the info. I got scared hearing your experience. Mine too is a 2009 model Linea. Few of my questions are -1.Does the service guys check the battery water during normal service?
2. Whether the Blue & me got reset?
It is a maintenance free battery . the one which comes with car is called DIN44MF MF stands for maintenance free. but it is a basic version which will last only for 2-3 years. so it really doesn't need adding water. It only needs regular charging. i don't think any service station especially the TASS would do h. these guys are lazy fellows.
The one available in the market is DIN44. It is also maintenance free but much better battery which can stand for at least 5 years ( at5least the warranty says so. It is fully replaceable warranty for 30 months and 50% charged for 31-3 months).

Yes the blue and me got reset. but had all the contacts and other pairing. only the clock and to be needed to reset
Old 12th August 2011, 17:46   #1161
Senior - BHPian

Update.......
Thank god the battery doesnt drain now. the "magic eye" in the exide battery is green till now even after 24 hrs. Praying god that it stays the same.

I also sincerely hope that the car doesnt take me back to TASS fort some other problem.............

Geeash
Old 16th August 2011, 07:53   #1162
Senior - BHPian

Car had a its coat of make up. took the car to tejus auto spa @ampa skymall. and treated it with platinum pack which included. steamwash, rubbing and polish, interior cleaning , cleaning of dash with chemical treatment, total vacuuming, Tyre dressing

Costed 1699/-
Old 16th August 2011, 09:57   #1163
BHPian

Quote:
Car had a its coat of make up. took the car to tejus auto spa @ampa skymall. and treated it with platinum pack which included. steamwash, rubbing and polish, interior cleaning , cleaning of dash with chemical treatment, total vacuuming, Tyre dressing

Costed 1699/-
Is it full car detailing including Interior and Exterior ?

Does Interior cleaning include cleaning/scrubbing of Door pads and seats ?
Rs. 1700 for full car detailing looks VFM.
Old 17th August 2011, 08:41   #1164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Is it full car detailing including Interior and Exterior ?

Does Interior cleaning include cleaning/scrubbing of Door pads and seats ?
Rs. 1700 for full car detailing looks VFM.

Yeah it is full detailing including the doorpads. yeah it is vfm too ...........
Old 28th August 2011, 17:46   #1165
Senior - BHPian

@ndinesh posting this as requested by you

here are the pics and how to test the relay

Ther relay is located in the fusebox present next to the battery in petrol linea ( not sure there the fuse box is in the MJD)

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-28082011920.jpg

The encircled component in the below pic is the relay
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-28082011921.jpg

The relay looks like this when you plug it out. Just plug it out just like you pull a plug out of the socket

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-28082011922.jpg

To test the relay
First switch off the car fully and remove the key from the ignition. Make sure you switch off the A/C , steroe , lights and everything. Open the bonnet and locate the relay. make sure you dont hear any sounds in the bonnet before touching the relay. open the fuse box and plug out the realy. do you hear a "tak" sound and motor coming to stop ( fine noise)/ or just a tak sound

Plug in test: now focus and plug in the relay. do you hear any "tak" noise.

If you hear a noise either when you plugout and plug in it means the relay is conked off and gone. it means the compressor is running directly from the battery and is not cut off from the battery , so the battery will be drained. if the relay is proper the compressor is shut off from the battery and battery stays as it is.

Early signs as it happened to me was flashing of "airbag failure . please check the handbook" in the MID. If it repeatedly comes when driving/ or in cold start it means either your airbag sensor is gone or you relay/ battery combo is in fault.

guys first check the relay to see if it is in fault before coming to conclusion that your battery is gone. or else you will end up wasting money just like me for nothing and the problem is going to come back again
geeash is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2011, 12:33   #1166
BHPian

Quote:
@ndinesh posting this as requested by you

here are the pics and how to test the relay

Ther relay is located in the fusebox present next to the battery in petrol linea ( not sure there the fuse box is in the MJD)

The encircled component in the below pic is the relay

The relay looks like this when you plug it out. Just plug it out just like you pull a plug out of the socket

To test the relay
First switch off the car fully and remove the key from the ignition. Make sure you switch off the A/C , steroe , lights and everything. Open the bonnet and locate the relay. make sure you dont hear any sounds in the bonnet before touching the relay. open the fuse box and plug out the realy. do you hear a "tak" sound and motor coming to stop ( fine noise)/ or just a tak sound

Plug in test: now focus and plug in the relay. do you hear any "tak" noise.

If you hear a noise either when you plugout and plug in it means the relay is conked off and gone. it means the compressor is running directly from the battery and is not cut off from the battery , so the battery will be drained. if the relay is proper the compressor is shut off from the battery and battery stays as it is.

Early signs as it happened to me was flashing of "airbag failure . please check the handbook" in the MID. If it repeatedly comes when driving/ or in cold start it means either your airbag sensor is gone or you relay/ battery combo is in fault.

guys first check the relay to see if it is in fault before coming to conclusion that your battery is gone. or else you will end up wasting money just like me for nothing and the problem is going to come back again
@geeash:

thanks a lot. I will check the relay in my car and let you know.
SA told me its because of the faulty sensor and I am not getting the airbag warning after they replaced it.
But, its really worth, check and confirm the relay is in good condition.
We should have a separate thread to record all these tech issues, root cause and the solution which will help all the Linea owners to cross check the SA's advise before we spend our hard earned money.

Cheers
Kumar
Old 29th August 2011, 15:56   #1167
Distinguished - BHPian

Doc,

Please accept my heartfelt condolences for all the misery you're going through ; only hope your worries with this car don't get passed on to your patients

Few observations in bold

The next thing you'll see is rust spots all over ; have already seen this on three Puntos(2010) here.

Quote:
After getting the new battery the same thing still happened. The new battery drained fully.

battery relay is faulty and thats why the compressor runs even when the car is switched off and that drains the battery.
Was the old battery really dead or the battery died because of the relay problem due to repeated discharging?

your old battery was perfect ; you replaced it well before its Date Of Maturity

The misdiagnosis is happening time and again.........first for AC cooling coil ......i was told that there was a gas leak and then subsequently that the gas amount was low and then the problem was found out only the third time....

My mindset is slowly changing..........that is why I'd suggested you give the car away - the problems you've experienced are unacceptable for a new car - such things did not happen even in old Fiats
Old 29th August 2011, 16:38   #1168
Senior - BHPian

My cousin had the same problem on his petrol Linea. The compressor was running even after the AC & Engine were switched off thus draining the battery. He went from a Hyundai to a Fiat and going by the niggles he is facing i'm sure this is the last Fiat he is buying.
Old 29th August 2011, 17:23   #1169
BHPian

My LHS rear power window stopped working yesterday. 2 weeks ago AC gas had leaked. Also have some rusting in boot. Other issues like beadings, minor rattles exist. I had no such issues in my Palio in 5 years of my ownership. Fiat quality is really slipping. I still love the car but hate Fiat for not screwing up the experience.
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2011, 18:24   #1170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
I still love the car but hate Fiat for not screwing up the experience.
Clicked thanks by mistake ! Typo in your post, i'm sure you meant "hate Fiat for screwing up the experience" ..
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks