Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2009, 15:26   #106
JRD
BHPian

Precisely. Previously the steering was very composed at high speeds. We'll have to check with others.
Old 25th May 2009, 15:33   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
Precisely. Previously the steering was very composed at high speeds. We'll have to check with others.
I don't have any issues with steering.
for me it's very composed at any speeds.
might be conceiving of,ask your friends to drive and let them check
Old 25th May 2009, 19:17   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Eddy View Post
Do you have any pics of the sound proofing layer under the bonnet hood?
Just wanted to update - the sound-proofing sheet is only for the Diesel variants of the Linea; the Petrol doesn't have it. Obviously the petrol engine is a lot more silent, though I still feel offering it on the petrol variant as well wouldn't have hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash
I really dont know. Never thought about it!!. Are there any reduction in Gc with underchassis painting?
Quite obviously there will be a reduction since they're painting underneath the chassis.
Though I *highly* doubt any underbody protection will be 1 inch thick. A relative of mine had the 3M underbody protection done and while the substance they used was thick as tar, the entire layer certainly wasnt more than a few mm.

Last edited by Crazy_Eddy : 25th May 2009 at 19:20.
Old 26th May 2009, 02:38   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Just wanted to update - the sound-proofing sheet is only for the Diesel variants of the Linea; the Petrol doesn't have it. Obviously the petrol engine is a lot more silent, though I still feel offering it on the petrol variant as well wouldn't have hurt.
Interesting, have you got it done ? what is the cost and how effective is it. MJD could do with a little sound proofing...lol
Old 26th May 2009, 06:03   #110
BHPian

Congratulations

Congratulations for new emotionally packed queen. Enjoy the drive
Old 26th May 2009, 09:28   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just Quite obviously there will be a reduction since they're painting underneath the chassis.
Though I *highly* doubt any underbody protection will be 1 inch thick. A relative of mine had the 3M underbody protection done and while the substance they used was thick as tar, the entire layer certainly wasnt more than a few mm.
Nope it's not true.
if you see the underbody there's an outbound Body Panel in the both right and left side of the car below the doors.Underbody is little deep below the Body Panel.It's almost 2 inches.
IMO,Doing under body treatment for 1 inch won't affect GC.
Old 26th May 2009, 10:15   #112
Senior - BHPian

Will the GC be reduced in any way by this treatment?

neotraveller

Ground clearance is defined as the distance between the lowest point on the vehicle and the road. Typically, the lowest point on the vehicle varies from vehicle to vehicle, In linea it is the engineguard plate that is given to protect the engine. When manufacturers report ground clearance figures, it is usually the maximum ground clearance - when the car is completely unladen (devoid of passengers and fuel). Under normal conditions (with passengers and fuel), the ground clearance is usually lower. Naturally the other parts of the car is definitely higher than the engine guard and have higher clearance.
Underchassis protection is done not only to protect the car from rust but also from the damages that are bound to occur due to scrapping and shearing.
So i think actual ground clearence reduction doesnt matter. What we need to know about is something called practical or effective ground clearence reduction ( that is how much of clearence of a laden car is reduced). I dont think people will spray one inch thick tar on the engine guard. May be thay spray it on other underbody to reduce the sound and give maximum protection. So i dont think the effective groundclearence will be reduced.
These are my 2 cents.....

Last edited by geeash : 26th May 2009 at 10:17. Reason: typo
Old 26th May 2009, 16:55   #113
BANNED

Ashwin

have you decided on which underchasis anti-rust - dinitrol, wurth or 3M ?
i spoke to the dealer here. he quoted 4500/- for anti-rust (5 years warranty with free checkups & all). it includes underchasis, door panels, door hinges, side panels - everything except engine. engine will be separate @ rs. 1350/- (includes sound proofing )

what say
Old 26th May 2009, 17:03   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i spoke to the dealer here. he quoted 4500/- for anti-rust (5 years warranty with free checkups & all). it includes underchasis, door panels, door hinges, side panels - everything except engine. engine will be separate @ rs. 1350/- (includes sound proofing )
Which one did your dealer tell you?, dinitrol or wurth or 3m?. what about this engine thing. I havent heared anything about engine antirust treatment. Is it the engine wax treatment?. what about this soundproofing thing?.
I have not decided on anything as yet as i am not getting any replies to my query here. And the monsoon is setting so it is hightime. I have to decide as i might be gioving my vehicle for 1st service next week.
Old 26th May 2009, 17:47   #115
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Which one did your dealer tell you?, dinitrol or wurth or 3m?. what about this engine thing. I havent heared anything about engine antirust treatment. Is it the engine wax treatment?. what about this soundproofing thing?.
I have not decided on anything as yet as i am not getting any replies to my query here. And the monsoon is setting so it is hightime. I have to decide as i might be gioving my vehicle for 1st service next week.
he quoted about dinitrol
engine treatment is engine wax I guess. When I asked about sound-proofing she said its included in engine wax treatment & not in anti-rust
isn;t 4,500/- sounding high?
Old 26th May 2009, 18:01   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
sounding high?
Yes . My tata-fiat dealership gave me a quote of 3562 with inclusive of tax. Just ask your dealer why is it so high when in chennai it is low. And what about the wax for engine is it really worth. i am afraid when anything is to do with engine.
Old 27th May 2009, 14:27   #117
BHPian

Quote:

I have done the Dinitrol (4500 bucks) . Same as stated by Vahan Pujari without the Engine thing. No one mentioned that to me.
Old 27th May 2009, 14:53   #118
BHPian

Quote:
There is a PU coating treatment done for the Engine, i came to know this when i went for 2nd Service of my Dzire in November-08 at the MASS, you can confirm from the TATA-FIAT service center, that is it the same PU coating or something different.

They were quoting Rs. 1200/- for it.
Old 27th May 2009, 16:06   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone. This is my second post in team-bhp. I have become a proud owner of a Flamenco red Emotion Pack Petrol Fiat Linea.
Congratulations, geeash. Happy & Safe driving. Enjoy
Old 28th May 2009, 12:51   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations, geeash. Happy & Safe driving. Enjoy
Thanks mate.
I have decided to first enquire to 3m whether the Exclusive includes underchasis, door panels, door hinges, side panels - everything except engine and then if it is wholesome then i will go for it. Decision making day is Monday.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks