Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2009, 14:21   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Thanks mate.
I have decided to first enquire to 3m whether the Exclusive includes underchasis, door panels, door hinges, side panels - everything except engine and then if it is wholesome then i will go for it. Decision making day is Monday.
Yes Aswin,
we will decide at our meet on Sunday.
So that we can ask the 3M dealer to reduce cost if we all 4 go for 3M treatment.
Old 28th May 2009, 15:23   #122
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
I have done the Dinitrol (4500 bucks) . Same as stated by Vahan Pujari without the Engine thing. No one mentioned that to me.
FastLove - Got this info from Brinda yday. Called her on the tel no. you had given. thanks

Am yet not able to decide on Anti-rust & Paint Protection treatments
Old 28th May 2009, 17:02   #123
Senior - BHPian

sudden holiday trip

All things have changed suddenly. I am going on a trip to yercaud for the weekend in linea. I am starting tomorrow morning and going to stay there for the weekend. Going try revving her up and see how she performs in ghats. Will post the details as soon as i come back.
Old 28th May 2009, 17:29   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
All things have changed suddenly. I am going on a trip to yercaud for the weekend in linea. I am starting tomorrow morning and going to stay there for the weekend. Going try revving her up and see how she performs in ghats. Will post the details as soon as i come back.

Enjoy the trip and you will definitely enjoy driving Linea.
just try to rip the car for atmost.
I also check with my HOME Finance Minsiter for Yercaud trip.
we gone there 2 months before only.
If she approves,I also join with you guys on saturday.

sathya/Aswin,
you will be there on coming saturday right.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 28th May 2009 at 17:34.
Old 29th May 2009, 05:20   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
sathya/Aswin,
you will be there on coming saturday right
Yes karthik.I am just now strarting at 4AM. will come back on sunday night. Try to come if possible.
Old 29th May 2009, 12:06   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
FastLove - Got this info from Brinda yday. Called her on the tel no. you had given. thanks

Am yet not able to decide on Anti-rust & Paint Protection treatments

VahanPujari Ji You are welcome . My advice to you :

You dont need to be worried about these two Treatments. If in doubt , dont do it . It cost 9k total and are "Good to have" and not "Must HAve" .

I have been told and also know that the Navi Mumbai air has more Salt Content causing rusting of metals faster. That prompted me to play safe and treat the beautiful lady to some Dinitrol treatment. The Paint Protection was more for luxury and also convinience since the car was to be at the dealer for a whole day anyway.

Now , what is a real plus of these treatments according to me :

1. You get a regular service half yearly when you do both treatments. PAint Protection for 2 years and Dinitrol for 5 Years .

2. i wil give you an example : After a week of doing the 3M PP, the boy who cleans my car every morning said that he noticed couple of whitish blots on the bonnet. and yes they were there though not very easily visible. i went to the dealer and ofcourse brinda got the 3M guy in front of me in less than 2 minutes and the scar was gone in another 90 seconds

3. There are 2 small stickers put on the front screen which helps the dealer identify the 3M and dinitrol customer. That ensures additional priority to the body of your beauty.

I hope you get the point. And still i repeat these are not a "Must HAve" !
Old 29th May 2009, 12:20   #127
Senior - BHPian

FastLove,
Have you felt any improvement in NVH after done underbody treatment.
because here in chennai some linea owners planned for Underbody/Anti rust treatment from 3M.
Old 29th May 2009, 12:42   #128
BANNED

Quote:
You dont need to be worried about these two Treatments. If in doubt , dont do it . It cost 9k total and are "Good to have" and not "Must HAve" .

I hope you get the point. And still i repeat these are not a "Must HAve" !
Yes FastLove. Agree.
I think I'll get both treatments done.
Somehow, I'm feeling that I would be more comfortable getting it done from Fortune Powai instead of Wasan though have not had any face-to-face interaction with Fortune, only 1 telecon but Brinda seems to be knowledgeable & was in command what she is doing
Old 29th May 2009, 12:52   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
FastLove,
Have you felt any improvement in NVH after done underbody treatment.
because here in chennai some linea owners planned for Underbody/Anti rust treatment from 3M.
KArthik, mine is a petrol , i am not sure if i had any NVH issue before the treatment, but my experience with the car has only improved since day 1 as i find the drive quite smooth and noiseless. the treatments sure must have helped.

and yeah i had done the treatment about 15 days after buying the car.

Last edited by FastLove : 29th May 2009 at 12:54.
Old 29th May 2009, 13:00   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Yes FastLove. Agree.
I think I'll get both treatments done.
Somehow, I'm feeling that I would be more comfortable getting it done from Fortune Powai instead of Wasan though have not had any face-to-face interaction with Fortune, only 1 telecon but Brinda seems to be knowledgeable & was in command what she is doing
ya ya .i like to deal with people who enjoy what they do , and she does and so it helps. Also , on mudflaps, she ran through an entire pdf on the design ( a very technical document 10 pages long) on her PC . i tried to pull it out from her but cud not manage as it was confidential .
though she did give me a "get it from me if u can" look when i persisted

incidentally, my first car was from wasan chembur and btw brinda is in Fortune Nerul not Powai . the showroom is on highway opposite the DY Patil Stadium (close to home for me)

Last edited by FastLove : 29th May 2009 at 13:02.
Old 29th May 2009, 13:09   #131
BANNED

Quote:
ya ya .i like to deal with people who enjoy what they do , and she does and so it helps. Also , on mudflaps, she ran through an entire pdf on the design ( a very technical document 10 pages long) on her PC . i tried to pull it out from her but cud not manage as it was confidential .
though she did give me a "get it from me if u can" look when i persisted

incidentally, my first car was from wasan chembur and btw brinda is in Fortune Nerul not Powai . the showroom is on highway opposite the DY Patil Stadium (close to home for me)
Oops, I thought she is with Fortune Powai which is nearer to my home.
Another limitation they have is they remain closed on Sunday which is the best day for me to get both the treatments done.
Old 29th May 2009, 13:36   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
KArthik, mine is a petrol , i am not sure if i had any NVH issue before the treatment, but my experience with the car has only improved since day 1 as i find the drive quite smooth and noiseless. the treatments sure must have helped.

and yeah i had done the treatment about 15 days after buying the car.
Ok lemme throw the qst in this way.
Have you felt any decrease in NVH or any improvements you have easily identified?
why i am repeatedly asking the same qst.I need to come out from these noises.
In Diesel Linea,NVH is little bit higher for my convenience.
I hate hearing road/tyre/outside noise while driving or listening music.
Planned for underbody treatment (Sound deadning too) and damping where ever possible to reduce noise.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 29th May 2009 at 13:41.
Old 29th May 2009, 15:49   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Ok lemme throw the qst in this way.
Have you felt any decrease in NVH or any improvements you have easily identified?
why i am repeatedly asking the same qst.I need to come out from these noises.
In Diesel Linea,NVH is little bit higher for my convenience.
I hate hearing road/tyre/outside noise while driving or listening music.
Planned for underbody treatment (Sound deadning too) and damping where ever possible to reduce noise.
Karthik , i cut the Noice and Vibrations in the first place by opting for the Petrol Version .

Anyways , I did use to feel little tyre noise coming into the cabin, now i feel it has reduced quite a lot so much so that i dont feel any noise disturbing my music (not that i had any disturbances earlier). There cant be anything that can reduce the tyre noise to Zero ! and the underbody treatment is definitely not one to achieve that.

I quote a madonna song (Frozen) here which goes .. "You only see what your eyes want to see " rephrase to " you only hear what your ears want to hear "
Old 29th May 2009, 17:01   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I quote a madonna song (Frozen) here which goes .. "You only see what your eyes want to see " rephrase to " you only hear what your ears want to hear "
Yes i too often say the same phrase to fellow people .
But it not opts for me.
I am little stupid that even i can't able to bear any noise than normal(I have my own limitation).
I know the pros and cons of diesel.
What i need is to suppress noise to some extend.
For that,i am looking for the way to achieve.
Most welcome one is Underbody treatment aka Sound deadening.
Some dampings on Doors and Boot and Firewall if needed.

For all ,i need some money and spend in a useful way by selecting the right thing/way.
Every penny will be spent for worth.
Old 29th May 2009, 19:29   #135
Senior - BHPian

The paint protection and antirust coating

With due respects to geeash for using his thread to put this question:

Regarding paint protection:

You have done the paint protection with warrant for x number of years based on regular inspection / application every y months.

God forbid: You get a deep scratch or damage. The area is repainted. would they do the paint protection for that area free of charge?

Regarding anti rust coating:

Umpteen number of small / other size stones etc would be hitting your underbody and possibly damage the anti rust coating. How is it going to prevent rusting if the coating itself is damaged?

In the Linea's (and my City's) case, any decent speed breaker loves to touch / scratch the underbody. So the likelyhood of the anti rust coat getting damaged in day to day use is more.

Once again apologies to geeash for using his thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks