Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2009, 13:35   #91
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Any take on this?

update:
I have changed my driving style after seeing fastlove suggestion. Now i am driving at slowspeeds at a higher gear. There is no engine lugging either. Only thing is that i have to get used to it. Have not checked the FE as of now.
checked heating of ORVM. I feel pressing the button near to parking flash light button on central console does it.

Your new driving style will surely increase the FE. There is no major engine lugging but the engine response is slower to increase the speed when speed is decreased & you've not changed gear down

Quote:
The car is getting dustier than other cars i have had before. This somewhat bugs me as i happen to spend 2 hours in the morning to wipe the car.
I also thought so initially as I had Steel Mist (Silver) colour car earlier. Compared to that Dust is quite visible on F. Red colour obviously.
Old 21st May 2009, 15:33   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess the button on the central console near parking blip lights is for this purpose
Where is this button?. I cannot see one specific for this. All i have is a button saying max which was supposed to do the job. But it never mists in chennai so i think i have to take my car to antartica to really check it
Old 21st May 2009, 16:26   #93
BANNED

Quote:
Where is this button?. I cannot see one specific for this. All i have is a button saying max which was supposed to do the job. But it never mists in chennai so i think i have to take my car to antartica to really check it
Try the button on Main Central Console located above the Music Player. alongside there is a button for opening boot, then next is this defogger -kind of button & then exactly in the middle is the emergency parking flash light button. Try that Defogger-like button (which is different than the other button on AC control with Max written)
Old 22nd May 2009, 17:02   #94
Senior - BHPian

1 month old

As on today the car is one month old. I have recieved my RC book. The manufacturer tab says Fiat India Automobile Ltd and not Tata as some one else had reported. I have also got the refund cheque for insurance as i chose my own insurance.

A couple of days before only i noticed that the cigar lighter is included with my car. They didnt give it during delivery. I had asked them about it. Now along with RC book they have given the Cigar lighter too.

The socket for the cigar lighter seems to be small though it is apt for cigar ligher provided. Earlier in my santro and in my verna the mobile charger( nokia N82) used to snugly fit into the same socket and get my mobile charged. But in linea the socket seems to be bigger than the charger end and as a result to charger keeps on moving and not staying stable. Have anyone plugged their mobile charger in the socket? Is there a different charger available for such sockets?.
Old 22nd May 2009, 19:16   #95
BHPian

Do you have any pics of the sound proofing layer under the bonnet hood?
Have booked a Linea, and found bits of sound proofing material stuffed in between the metal gaps in the bonnet hood, and then painted over. Looked a bit like a ghetto job.. just wanted to know if thats the normal standard they follow.

Another weird bit I saw in atleast 2 Linea vehicles was that there seemed to be a bit of spray paint droplets here and there in the engine bay. Thought it was a damaged vehicle, but the Concorde chap said its usual since the engine is fitted in before the painting is done :-/ . Of course, cant really take their word, especially since they tried to offload a Showroom vehicle to us before this one :P
Old 22nd May 2009, 20:40   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you have any pics of the sound proofing layer under the bonnet hood?
Have booked a Linea, and found bits of sound proofing material stuffed in between the metal gaps in the bonnet hood, and then painted over. Looked a bit like a ghetto job.. just wanted to know if thats the normal standard they follow.

Another weird bit I saw in atleast 2 Linea vehicles was that there seemed to be a bit of spray paint droplets here and there in the engine bay. Thought it was a damaged vehicle, but the Concorde chap said its usual since the engine is fitted in before the painting is done :-/ . Of course, cant really take their word, especially since they tried to offload a Showroom vehicle to us before this one :P
No i dont have a pic of that right now. I was told that soundproofing was already done in linea when i wanted to have dinitrol soundproofing done, but have not checked it out. But will check it out for you when i clean the car tomorrow morning.

I dont think they fit the engine before the painting job is done. the norm is to complete the painting job and then put the machine under the hood. So by all means he is bluffing. Where have you booked linea in chennai concorde? ambattur or guindy?. If guindy who is dealing for you rajkumar/ vinoth?. Concorde sales guys are prone for bluffing. The sales guy vinothkumar bluffed to me saying the car was in transit for me when it didnt even start from ranjangaon. I called the territory manager and caught him red handed.
Old 22nd May 2009, 20:52   #97
BHPian

Hmm weird. The car didn't look like it had met with an accident or any such thing.. so I'm kinda confused why there were traces of paint.

I was initially dealing with the Guindy chaps - it was Vinoth - however he was so lazy he didn't even get back when I wanted a TD. After weeks of waiting, I finally got hold of someone else in Ambattur, and that chap has been very prompt even if he does bluff a bit.

Another query - I just saw your post about the oil change during run in.
Synth oil is usually not recommended for a run in, so any reasons you went ahead and changed it with synth oil? Or is it that they do not have any mineral oil options for the Linea? Another thing, any idea what oil is filled up when the car leaves the factory?

Thanks for offering to check on the sound proofing

Last edited by Crazy_Eddy : 22nd May 2009 at 20:54.
Old 22nd May 2009, 21:55   #98
BHPian

I think the "manufacturer" section on the RC depends on whether the particular state RTA database has been updated with the Linea models or not (as its a new model).

When I went for registration, the RTA guy put in the manufacturer search for "Fiat" in the software ..... it had several FIAT lists like Fiat automobiles, Fiat ltd etc etc listed and he wasn't able to find Linea.
All he could find were palio, adventure, siena etc.
I noticed his frustration and promptly told that "Fiat India Automobiles Pvt Ltd (FIAPL) is what he should choose .... And there they were all Lineas listed

Quote:
As on today the car is one month old. I have recieved my RC book. The manufacturer tab says Fiat India Automobile Ltd and not Tata as some one else had reported.
Old 23rd May 2009, 22:55   #99
Senior - BHPian

wourth or dinitrol or 3m underchassis

Had a talk with the service dealership (concorde ambattur). It seems they also do a underchassis at their workshop. As my car is nearing first service i need to quickly decide about the underchassis as monsoon will be soon setting in chennai and i dont want to risk my car. They offer a underchassis and door panel protections from 2 companies, dinitrol and wurth. Both the companies give 5years warranty and and inspection every 6 months with repainting the damaged parts regularly. I was given a dinitrol brochure and explained the procedure. When i asked about wurth underchassis ,the advisor said both are just the same treatment offered by two different comnpanies. I was given a quote of Rs3652/- for the same from both the companies. I have searched the internet and dinitrol global website just lists its products and does not say anything about the treatment offered. Wurth is even worse i couldnt even find their website.

When i went for my sunfilm to 3M, they were recommending their own underchassis. 3M has 2 kinds of underchassis protection

1. Essential underchassis protection and internal door panel rust protection which has warranty of just 2 years (i have not enquired about the cost of this)
2. Exclusive underchassis protection and door panel protection which costs Rs.4200 and has a 5 year warranty and inspection every 6 months. They also call this highway soundproofing because it seems they coat the underchassis with one inch thick rubber paint and because of this even if some stone hits the underchassis on highway the sound is deadened and is not reflected inside. It seems it will lessen the NVH index too. ( is this true?).

Can some one throw more light on which one is better and effective and help me to choose one?.

Adding
I just found this in tata website have a look

Tata Motors Customer Care :: Anti-rust Treatments

Last edited by geeash : 23rd May 2009 at 23:12. Reason: additional info
Old 23rd May 2009, 23:08   #100
BHPian

1 inch = 25 mm.
Will the GC be reduced in any way by this treatment?
Old 23rd May 2009, 23:31   #101
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
1 inch = 25 mm.
Quote:
one inch thick rubber paint
1 inch thick rubber pait is just too much. can rubber paint be 1 inch thick?

Having said this, i liked 3M underchasis details fro geeash post & am inclined to go for it
Old 25th May 2009, 12:41   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1 inch = 25 mm.
I really dont know. Never thought about it!!. Are there any reduction in Gc with underchassis painting?. Experts please answer.......

karthik
Is this wheel allignment and balancing a part of 1st service?. I remember you mentioning about it in your thread. Did they charge you. is it better to get it done outside or with the dealer itself?.

Last edited by geeash : 25th May 2009 at 12:47.
Old 25th May 2009, 13:13   #103
Senior - BHPian

Wheel alignment is the part of the first service.
Check the service manual.

Aswin,

for 3m product,have you checked with anybody who is using it.
I need it for sound proofing,
Now i am hearing the road noise clearly and it's irritating too.

Have you heard any sound(humming sound) while stopping the car without brake (slowdown) like something clench the wheels.
Old 25th May 2009, 15:05   #104
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Now i am hearing the road noise clearly and it's irritating too.

Have you heard any sound(humming sound) while stopping the car without brake (slowdown) like something clench the wheels.
Karthik, ive been experiencing the same road noise as well as humming. Does your steering torque steer when the car goes through a pot hole? eg when the left wheel goes through a pot hole the steering turns to the left if not held properly. Also the steering becomes light and has play at high speeds.
Old 25th May 2009, 15:21   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
Karthik, ive been experiencing the same road noise as well as humming. Does your steering torque steer when the car goes through a pot hole? eg when the left wheel goes through a pot hole the steering turns to the left if not held properly. Also the steering becomes light and has play at high speeds.
IMO,Every car has that play and light at high speeds and torque steer.
But compartively,Linea has very precise steering control at any speeds.

we need to check with all other linea owners for this humming and Service Centre too.
I don't know,Whether it's normal or not.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks