Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2009, 09:20   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
now i am getting the feeling that a certain batch of initial lineas have this adhesive issue
Mine was not from initial batch. I had got it after you had got. on april 22nd, when most of the issues were taken care of. It is really dissappointing to see these things in a 8 lakh car. Can you imaging such things from other contemporary good sedans?. I cant even accept such things happening even in tata nano. It has got me all irritated. And also the rear bumper hook issue too. These things need to be standard. what if my friends car stalls on the road, i will not be even in a position offer a help to tow his car back home. These things are stupid manufacturing defects which without rectifying they should have not even let the car out. Then where is the quality assessment and checks????. what for it is there?. why should they create such portfolios then for quality control and pay these *** a handsome salary?. Dont they even check in the bumper moulding that whether they have given provision for tow hook or not prior manufacturing?. These things are all purely due to negligence on the part of the manufacturing and assembling......
Why dont we all take a initiative and go on a particular day on a particular time to our respective dealerships with media and create a chaos there and ask them to fix a particular timeframe within which they need to resolve all these niggling linea issues..........Can team-bhp and mods do something in helping us in this matter??........

Last edited by geeash : 16th June 2009 at 09:22.
Old 16th June 2009, 11:16   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Mine was not from initial batch. I had got it after you had got. on april 22nd, when most of the issues were taken care of. It is really dissappointing to see these things in a 8 lakh car. Can you imaging......
Seems all the problems are happening with "ai" people (chenn-ai and mumb-ai)

I dont know whichever batch your car was but seems glue on your chrome strips is just getting weaker and weaker. Am surprised as to why till now not even a small piece has fallen off from my Linea, know what i have got fevi bond ready and its lying in my car

I and my friend gautam (not on team bhp) bought our Lineas silver petrol between 30th march and 8th april. Bought have completed 2500 kms and chrome strips are intact everywhere and plastic parts are intact everywhere. Its a issue with certain batches am sure, Jaisha's strips are also intact on his vocal white Linea.

Has anyone else complained of this strip issue barring VP and geeash? F.RED is such a hot color that it melts away the adhesive i must say, oh man silver is best.
Old 16th June 2009, 12:06   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Mine was not from initial batch. I had got it after you had got. on april 22nd, when most of the issues were taken care of. It is really dissappointing to see these things in a 8 lakh car. Can you imaging such things from other contemporary good sedans?. I cant even accept such things happening even in tata nano. It has got me all irritated. And also the rear bumper hook issue too. These things need to be standard. what if my friends car stalls on the road, i will not be even in a position offer a help to tow his car back home. These things are stupid manufacturing defects which without rectifying they should have not even let the car out. Then where is the quality assessment and checks????. what for it is there?. why should they create such portfolios then for quality control and pay these *** a handsome salary?. Dont they even check in the bumper moulding that whether they have given provision for tow hook or not prior manufacturing?. These things are all purely due to negligence on the part of the manufacturing and assembling......
Why dont we all take a initiative and go on a particular day on a particular time to our respective dealerships with media and create a chaos there and ask them to fix a particular timeframe within which they need to resolve all these niggling linea issues..........Can team-bhp and mods do something in helping us in this matter??........
I wholeheartedly agree!

I would be irritated with those things as well. And that's the reason I started that "niggling issues" thread for Linea as I am considering purchasing it. Though they are petty in nature, these issues irritate me. Blame it on my nature or my Virgo moon-sign, but I seek attention to details and expect that a car of this class cannot just ignore it. And as one can see, VahanPujari and CarPG are not only 2 people facing those niggling problems.

Geesh - as a part of initiative to create awareness about this, I started this thread. Have you already added your inputs there?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...nces-here.html
Old 16th June 2009, 14:24   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
I wholeheartedly agree!

I would be irritated with those things as well. And that's the reason I started that "niggling issues" thread for Linea as I am considering purchasing it. Though they are petty in nature, these issues irritate me. Blame it on my nature or my Virgo moon-sign, but I seek attention to details and expect that a car of this class cannot just ignore it. And as one can see, VahanPujari and CarPG are not only 2 people facing those niggling problems.

Geesh - as a part of initiative to create awareness about this, I started this thread. Have you already added your inputs there?

I have already posted a couple of valuble points in the link. But my issues have surfaced only after the 1st service sadly
Old 16th June 2009, 17:19   #215
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
I wholeheartedly agree!

Manish7,

After observing last few days & thinking about it, IMO if you want to know every minute detail of Linea, visiting each Linea-owners' thread will be much more useful to you rather than that Niggling Issue thread. Why?
  1. Each owner mentions every minute thing in his or other owner's thread which he would not repeat in that other thread
  2. If you notice, I had to do cross-posting everytime which is cumbersome everytime. Also, I wanted to draw FIAT attention big time. That purpose is solved & we've come to know that FIAT is with us to support in case of any issues
  3. That thread is & will be frequented more by Linea Non-owners than the owners who in all probabilities will cite opinions which would not be first-hand personal ownership experience but on hearsay.
  4. Mine & I believe Piyush aka CarPG issues are more or less resolved & as a Linea-owner I'm extremely satisfied about FIAT approach.
You're free to interact with any of us in any of the thread for any of the minute first-hand info/ experience. Hence, am now thinking it'll be more useful for you to go by ownership threads rather than that thread.
Old 16th June 2009, 22:23   #216
Senior - BHPian

update

Hey guys just a update. The message reader works with sony ericsson w810i. So planned to check out the latest SE c905. Will keep you people updated.
Old 17th June 2009, 11:09   #217
BHPian

Quote:
This seems like a good idea but for the case like Skoda and for the niggling issues do we need this....but anyway we are always with you for everything and anything what say guys?
Old 17th June 2009, 16:17   #218
Senior - BHPian

Concore clueless

I called up the sales representative of concorde today morning and enquired about the rear tow provision. He was clueless and i told him to go and see the cars in his showroom. He came back telling that one car has it and other does not. He told me that this is the first time he has heard about this issue and he said he will ask his senior authorities about it and let me know.
Meanwhile i had called Mr.Natrajan ( Manager for sales tamilnadu) and asked him too. He too was clueless and had asked me to send a couple of pictures of my car as well as other cars here. i have downloaded the rear pictures of cars of pranava, karthik, coolboy,jaisha, neotraveller luky13, nehamit, fastlove, vahan, redone, viking, satya and ahonkan and have attached in my mail and have sent to him and to CRM service and a load of others too.
He has sent me a SMS sayimng he has got the pics and will revert back. Lets wait see what fiat have to tell.

Last edited by geeash : 17th June 2009 at 16:18.
Old 17th June 2009, 16:39   #219
BANNED

My my
Not for nothing I mentioned earlier that we initial Linea-Owners are looking at everything with Microscope. Look what we've found out about rear tow hook that Dealer & even Tata CSM are clueless
Old 17th June 2009, 16:47   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
My my
Not for nothing I mentioned earlier that we initial Linea-Owners are looking at everything with Microscope. Look what we've found out about rear tow hook that Dealer & even Tata CSM are clueless
this is getting interesting day by day
Old 17th June 2009, 16:51   #221
Senior - BHPian

I too sent a mail to Tata CSM regarding this issue with Team-Bhp links.
He told , will check with FIL and get back me soon
Awaiting his reply.
Old 19th June 2009, 10:38   #222
Senior - BHPian

My ride has become a little bumpy for the past one week. I feels as if the car is going on micromini speed breakers even on smooth flat road. Have checked the tyre pressure and it seems to be a constant 33 on all tyres. Is this because of some tyre problem?

I had met my friend Mr.Binze john who was at xenos galleria for fitting parking sensors for his vehicle. To my surprise the colour matching of the parking sensors to his vocal white linea was near perfect. The installer also did a neat job. He did not remove the panels. He removed the beading and the boot carpet and finished off the job minimally invasive. Was convinced about the professional attitude of xenos. I am planning to do my parking sensors with them. But i am pretty confused to going for these ring light sensors which man machine has done too.

@ Manmachine
Did the guy at GP road do a good job? How as the colour matching done?. Do you hear any squeaks and rattles after the installation?. Kindly throw more light......

Tata Concorde has invited me to the launch of punto in chennai today at 3:00Pm in guindy premises. Seems some fiat head is coming. Going there top take up the bumper and chrome beading issue there and get a solution....Mr. Natrajan Had called me yeaterday and he told he will get a solution for than within saturday....Any one here coming for the launch?

Last edited by geeash : 19th June 2009 at 10:42.
Old 19th June 2009, 11:03   #223
BHPian

Linea in Red looks stunning! congratulations - wish you happy & safe ownership experience.
Old 19th June 2009, 11:18   #224
BANNED

Ashwin,

Do you really need Reverse Parking sensors? Individual opinions may differ on needs & requirements, here is my take. I would not go for it because of following:
  • I don't need it. Am pretty efficient with reversing & parking. Also I've always made it a habit that when I go to my parked car, I always go from rear side so I know if any bike is parked in rear or any kid is hiding behind the car.
  • Very selective colours available. Hard to find perfect match with bumper.
  • The very thought of drilling holes in bumper makes me shiver.
  • The front sensors are a nuasance. I've a colleague who has Accord, Laura, Civic & Linea. She got top-of-the line (dunno which) 6 parking sensors fit in Linea & got extremely fed up with front sensors in B2B traffic.
  • Do I really need it? Thats the question I asked myself & the answwer came No & hence did not go for it.
However, individual preferences/ needs / requirement differs
Old 19th June 2009, 12:31   #225
BANNED

Ashwin

When you check GP, check its interior plastics & all levers by pulling it every side like an agitated Linea owner , Compare it with Linea & let us know if they are the same, or improved over Linea or inferior to Linea

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks