Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2009, 12:40   #226
BHPian

Hi All,

Any ideas as to how many LINEAs has FIAT sold till date PAN India ? Secondly when is the upgraded and more powerful 1.6 Litre engines likely to hit the markets.
Old 19th June 2009, 13:27   #227
BHPian

They have sold around 6000 lineas till may.
Old 19th June 2009, 20:00   #228
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
I am planning to do my parking sensors with them. But i am pretty confused to going for these ring light sensors which man machine has done too.
I hope I am not confusing you further. Did you see:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1351062

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-image_154.jpg
What I saw in the mirror

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-image_155.jpg
This was the actual position.
Old 20th June 2009, 08:12   #229
Senior - BHPian

@Trrk...

Well i know these reverse parking sensors cannot be accurate in distance. It just serves the purpose.
The other day my brotherinlaw was reversing his toyota corolla. when he heard the beep and saw a obstruction in the left shown in the mirror display though he could not see a thing through rear view glass. He got down immediately and went to back of the car to see a huge stone that was there which on reversing would have damaged his bumper and scratched it too. So it just serves the purpose thats it.

By the by what were you doing so close to the indica with your honda city . Playing Bang bang game with cars???

@vahan

I am very bad at reversing. Just to quote a incident. When i had sold my santro i was driving my dad's verna. Once when i was reversing (the rear clearence is bad in verna just like sx4 due to uplift boot and all of you would agree with that), i was about to run over a beggar lady who was sitting on the road. I just missed her by a whisker. So i want to install, as it is a definite convenience for me.

Last edited by geeash : 20th June 2009 at 08:14.
Old 20th June 2009, 10:47   #230
BHPian

@Geeash, When are you planning for reverse sensor ? Are you going to meet Karthik too?
Old 20th June 2009, 12:14   #231
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I am sorry to have not communicated my intention of posting the message properly.

Quote:
@Trrk...
Well i know these reverse parking sensors cannot be accurate in distance. It just serves the purpose.
Necessarily, the sensors have left a marign for human errors and so when they say you cannot go further, there would still be a gap. This is to prevent damages.

Quote:
By the by what were you doing so close to the indica with your honda city . Playing Bang bang game with cars???
Well, that was a quick way of showing you the safety margin for the sensors as well as asking you to look at a reverse camera in addition to the sensors that you want to fix.

In addition to the sensors, the camera actually could show you the obstacle and with the night vision it offers it helps in the night too.

In my Safari days I had a two reverse sensor system which really helped in reversing.

All the best.
Old 21st June 2009, 00:03   #232
BANNED

Quote:
@vahan

I am very bad at reversing.
Then it'll be a boon to you. In that case, I would rather say you should have gone for it imdtly after delivery. Make it fast now then. Its better to get it done quickly then to get rear bumper scratched

My suggestion is go for one which gives you the same colour. Black spot on Red bumper won't look good at all
Old 21st June 2009, 15:47   #233
BANNED

Quote:
Tata Concorde has invited me to the launch of punto in chennai today at 3:00Pm in guindy premises. Seems some fiat head is coming. Going there top take up the bumper and chrome beading issue there and get a solution....Mr. Natrajan Had called me yeaterday and he told he will get a solution for than within saturday....Any one here coming for the launch?
Ashwin

did you TD GP? Did you pull all plastics/ levers to check how are they as compared to Linea?
Old 21st June 2009, 16:09   #234
Senior - BHPian

Yes. They are the same from linea. No change of plastic quality. They share the same plastic platform.
Old 21st June 2009, 16:12   #235
BANNED

Quote:
Yes. They are the same from linea. No change of plastic quality. They share the same plastic platform.
Thats what I was sure about & was afraid of when someone mentioned that Plastic quality is improved in GP
Old 21st June 2009, 16:20   #236
Senior - BHPian

No it is the s(h)ame . I even asked about it to the territorial manager of fiat. He says, the plastic parts are sourced from TATA so thats the quality they can expect atleast for now!!
Old 21st June 2009, 17:03   #237
BANNED

Quote:
No it is the s(h)ame . I even asked about it to the territorial manager of fiat. He says, the plastic parts are sourced from TATA so thats the quality they can expect atleast for now!!
So as I guessed the same plastic quality will continue
Tata's influence in plastics is an interesting point & shows Fit N Finish issues here & there
Old 21st June 2009, 18:07   #238
Senior - BHPian

updates

Have finalised the seats at stanleys yesterday. Going for PU and leather combination just like fast love. The picture of the look of the seats are here
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-20062009483.jpg

It costs 24,500 and it includes door trims and gloveboxes and rear handrest and back plastic area with gear shaft and knob and handbrake area.
The only problem is that they want me to leave my car at their premises for 2 days monday evening to wednesday evening which i am worried as they will use my beauty as trial as they dont have templates for doortrims it seems. So they will remove the doortrims send it to banglore and get it done and then fix it. I am having two thoughts now......So i am thinking whether to forgo the doortrims and handbrake and gearknob stuff.
Any advice???

Last edited by geeash : 21st June 2009 at 18:08.
Old 21st June 2009, 18:37   #239
BANNED

Quote:
Have finalised the seats at stanleys yesterday. Going for PU and leather combination just like fast love. The picture of the look of the seats are here

It costs 24,500 and it includes door trims and gloveboxes and rear handrest and back plastic area with gear shaft and knob and handbrake area.
The only problem is that they want me to leave my car at their premises for 2 days monday evening to wednesday evening which i am worried as they will use my beauty as trial as they dont have templates for doortrims it seems. So they will remove the doortrims send it to banglore and get it done and then fix it. I am having two thoughts now......So i am thinking whether to forgo the doortrims and handbrake and gearknob stuff.

Any advice???
Looks cool.
Can't they do it on Weekends so you can be there all the times when they remove the Door trims etc? If its Stanely authorised professional, then the worry reduces, but still see if you can be present.
Old 21st June 2009, 19:14   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Any advice???
very good choice.
what is gloveboxes ,back plastic area with gear shaft ?
go for Seat,Front and Rear HandRest,DoorTrim.
IMO,Black looks cool in Gear Knob and realted area and Hand Rest.

Most Viewed