Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2009, 20:31   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
It costs 24,500 and it includes door trims and gloveboxes and rear handrest and back plastic area with gear shaft and knob and handbrake area.
The only problem is that they want me to leave my car at their premises for 2 days monday evening to wednesday evening which i am worried as they will use my beauty as trial as they dont have templates for doortrims it seems. So they will remove the doortrims send it to banglore and get it done and then fix it. I am having two thoughts now......So i am thinking whether to forgo the doortrims and handbrake and gearknob stuff.

Any advice???
Ashwin, this is how stanley works. After you order your seat, they ask you for about a week (it took 4 days for me) to let them get your chosen material/color done at the bangalore factory . Everything is made/ stitched as per your order at bangalore . After it is received by your outlet you are called for fitting which takes a FULL day. In your case , the people (Karigars) are not trained enough to carry out the fitting so they are sending the entire stuff (Door Trims and other parts maybe) to bangalore. In that case i suspect if they can handle the rear arm rest competently.

My advice : If you can leave your beauty at their place for 2 days , do it. Else do your work in 2 phases. Get the seats done now ( a days job) and then you can order the hand brake cover, gear knobs etc . later. and if you are travelling to bangalore maybe sometime in near future you can also meet the experts there to take care of the rear armrest ( black back area) and door trims ..

btw , whats the thing that is being done to the glovebox ??

Last edited by FastLove : 21st June 2009 at 20:33.
Old 22nd June 2009, 01:06   #242
BANNED

Ashwin

Is it possible that you make chennai stanely guys to talk to mumbai stanely guys? also if poossible you talk to bangalore stanely main office. you'll come to know finer details which will comfort you. I know leaving your car for 2 days thinking how they'll open the things, transport it to bangalore etc makes you worrisome. but stanely guys are professional.

also, in every city, are there multiple stanely authorised outlests or only one?
Old 22nd June 2009, 14:03   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Ashwin

also, in every city, are there multiple stanely authorised outlests or only one?
mumbai has only one at andheri.
Old 22nd June 2009, 18:29   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Have finalised the seats at stanleys yesterday. Going for PU and leather combination just like fast love. The picture of the look of the seats are here
geeash,
Lets all go together and get a group discount. I too am going in for Stanley.

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 22nd June 2009, 19:33   #245
Senior - BHPian

Aswin,
After a big discussion with my wife,I planned to change the seat after a year or till OEM Cloth Seat get worsen.
I personally checked the Door Trims and speakers.
Everything is revited in the Door pads.
It's seriously tough to get it out.Need some good craftsmanship.
Old 23rd June 2009, 10:48   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lets all go together and get a group discount. I too am going in for Stanley
When shall we go?. Tell me soon.....
Old 23rd June 2009, 14:19   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Aswin,
After a big discussion with my wife,I planned to change the seat after a year or till OEM Cloth Seat get worsen.
I personally checked the Door Trims and speakers.
Everything is revited in the Door pads.
It's seriously tough to get it out.Need some good craftsmanship.
I got my speakers changed and the rivets can easily be removed with a drill machine. Just need to drill the head of the rivet and it comes out in a jiffy. Stanley was just very expensive for what I wanted. But then, I got my seats done in genuine leather from someone else.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-seats1.jpg  

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-seats_closeup.jpg  

Old 23rd June 2009, 14:44   #248
Senior - BHPian

Ghost rider
can you post more pics. The seats looks awesome. How much did it cost?
Old 23rd June 2009, 15:11   #249
Senior - BHPian

What shade is that for the linea? Doesnt look like Vocal white and that bright white hasnt been launched yet.
Is it true or is it time for me to change my contact lenses

is it silver shade like the palio, am confused its looking so much like a white Linea that too taxi white.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 23rd June 2009 at 15:13.
Old 23rd June 2009, 15:32   #250
Senior - BHPian

More updates

Have fixed up the reverse parking sensors from Xenos galleria near nandanam in HP petrolbunk. It costed me only Rs.3400/- including the painting charge after some bargain. They wanted the tow hook cover for matching the colour of the parking sensors which i gave in the morning at 11AM. Got a call from them at 3PM saying the sensors were ready and i can come and install it. Went there by 4PM and installation was over in half an hour. The quality of workmanship and professionalism is great as they just removed the weather strips from front and back door and concealed the wires through that and in boot they removed the carpeting partly and finished off the job in style. Not a part of the wire is visible. Mine was the 4th linea they were doing which showed in their work. Other 3 lineas were karthik's, sathya's, and binze john's. And to my astonishment the colour matching was 100% that it doesnt show up even from a small distance. The sensors work fine and i had a great reversing when i parked the car in a small place yesterday.

Pictures speak for themselves
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p6220246.jpg

Can you spot the parking sensor in the above pic?. Just zoom. The colour matching is so good that it goes unnoticed

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p6220260.jpg
There now you can see it

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p6220258.jpg

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p6220259.jpg
Closer pictures

I would sincerely recommend them for other car owners as well. for contact call Mr.Subramaniam xenos galleria 044-32970660

Last edited by geeash : 23rd June 2009 at 15:37.
Old 23rd June 2009, 15:40   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Ghost rider
can you post more pics. The seats looks awesome. How much did it cost?
Thanks ! I got the seats customized with additional under thigh support extension, extra bolstering on the sides and base area to fit my tall, slender frame. This pics are a sneak preview from my soon to published, "Linea Transformed" thread. Cost a little over 40 K. This includes center arm rest, gear boot shroud, Handbrake shroud and door panels. The color looks great in Vocal White Linea. Here's another pic :
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-seats2.jpg  

Old 23rd June 2009, 16:21   #252
Senior - BHPian

just a rear sensor or fitted front also.
Xenos is very good and professional,but they ruined my car while installing SunFilm.Mine is the first Linea installed Sunfilm there.that's the issue.

Sensors are very accurate if you drive less than 10/20kmph
Old 23rd June 2009, 16:29   #253
Senior - BHPian

Ghost rider seats seems to like nappa leather like the T-Bhpians Honda city A2HC.
The seat looks like the seat in VW Jetta/Passat.Really looks cool.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-vwjetta.jpg  

Old 23rd June 2009, 17:05   #254
BANNED

Ashwin

Thats a perfect color match. Excellent job done. Enjoy the reversing now !!

ghost_rider

Must say you got very very good covers there. The tan-like colour would look great in White Linea. Just by looking at your 1st post above, I was just about to ask whether you did some thigh-support types & you just mentioned it in the next post. when will the same get fitted? post the pics once done
Old 23rd June 2009, 18:32   #255
BHPian

Thanks VahanPujari ! The seats were fitted a couple of days ago; Here are a couple more. The rest will be on my thread once it's published.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-seats3.jpg  

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-seats4.jpg  

Most Viewed