Haiton Phone Nos : 96299 11197

Address : New No 16,Old No 148 ,Koil Street ,Thiruvalleeswar Nagar
Annanagar West,Chennai - 600 040.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,
Hari.
Old 1st July 2009, 10:21   #287
BHPian

This might have happened during 1st service. After doing the wheel aligment, they probably didn't screw them on properly.
Old 1st July 2009, 10:48   #288
BANNED

Ashwin

What are the reasons TASS is quoting which might have caused this?
Old 1st July 2009, 14:31   #289
Senior - BHPian

To hell with the mechanic. He says even small pot holes can damage the alloys. his theory is that since tyre is rubber the impact of pot holes are withstood by alloys and thats why it has happened.
Old 2nd July 2009, 15:57   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The website is wrong mate!!. will call the number and let you know.

Yesterday strange thing happened. There was a Mountain like speed breaker near my house which i accidentally scraped ( i usually take much care but yesterday i lose my concentration). Since that time i started hearing a grinding noise everytime the car drives on a pot hole and everytime i revved my accelerator. I was pretty much worried whether suspension was damaged or something. First thing in morning i took up the car again to ambattur. I had called up Mr.vickram and had informed the issue. He had Mr.Sairaj waiting up for me there. He also did a road test and confirmed something was scrapping. He put up the car on the hydraulic and examined the underchassis. We found out that there was a small rod like portion of the engine guard which was suppose to protect the silencer was bent and was hitching on the silencer perse . And since the silencer was connected to engine each time when engine pulled back during rev, the silencer moved and was scraping the rod like portion of the engine guard. Lucky that something did not happen to engine or the silencer or suspension.
These guys then removed the engine guard and straighened the portion out and fixed it back. Enquired about it and they mechanic says " Saar, This happens all time in linea as the GC is low. I have got 3-4 lineas with same complaints". So guys better be careful and give due respect to speed breakers.

Now no noise on road test and was satisfied. So thanked them and came back.

I couldnt take the pics so i have altered the earlier pic to explain what it looked like and posted it here

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-eg.jpg

This is how it should look
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-bent.jpg

Imaginary sketch to show how it was bent and hitching on the silencer

I pretty much had a good experience this time at Tata A.S.S. They were able to diagnose things and rectify it. Looks like our hardwork is paying off. And especially due to earlier mails i have become very popular among chennai tata motors bigies. Today most of them were present to have a look at my car, when i informed that i am coming.

And as for the alloy wheel issue i have placed an order for the same and will be getting it in 3-4 days time. Will post back as soon as i recieve it.

Interestingly one of my friend who owns a vocal white linea emotion petrol has his seat belt buzzer missing. I mean they have forgot to install it when the vehicle was manufactured. Now seems they are saying that emotion does not come with seat belt buzzer and only emotion pack comes with it.......

I had a word about it too with the CSM. Oh god if only linea doesnt have these niggles...............

Last edited by geeash : 2nd July 2009 at 16:01.
Old 2nd July 2009, 16:59   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
And as for the alloy wheel issue i have placed an order for the same and will be getting it in 3-4 days time. Will post back as soon as i recieve it.

Interestingly one of my friend who owns a vocal white linea emotion petrol has his seat belt buzzer missing. Now seems they are saying that emotion does not come with seat belt buzzer and only emotion pack comes with it.......
See, thats why i turn dead slow on speed breakers, this is a problem with sedans and all of them barring Sx4. I am used to Scorpio and keep bouncing it off speed breakers, when i took delivery had a big hit on a speedbreaker that day itself and i felt like slapping myself After that am very very careful on even small breakers, hope nothing was bent that day.

I find underbody of Linea very good, covered with those metal plates all around for protecting things.

Also, you placed a order for new alloy wheel? Is that also coming under warranty or you are paying for it?

Regarding seatbelt buzzer issue, my friend also has it missing in his LINEA EMOTION and not E+. He went to 2 service centres and they were unable to solve his problem. My car has it and its a E+, if i tell him fiat forgot to install that in his car he will die of shock and disbelief

We both are going to service centre on Monday and lets see i will ask the SA there regarding tow hook and seat belt buzzer missing in Emotion.
Old 2nd July 2009, 22:45   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is that also coming under warranty or you are paying for it?
Dont really know. Guess i have to pay........If they are giving that under warranty well and good
Old 3rd July 2009, 22:43   #293
Senior - BHPian

The chrome strips have fallen off from my friends car also today.......
Guess what he got the car delivered only 20 days before and has the manufacture in april which belongs to the newer lot...... Can someone give me the mail ID of rajeev kapoor the ceo of fiat, so that we can give them a sound warning???.........
Old 3rd July 2009, 23:59   #294
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
The chrome strips have fallen off from my friends car also today.......
Guess what he got the car delivered only 20 days before and has the manufacture in april which belongs to the newer lot...... Can someone give me the mail ID of rajeev kapoor the ceo of fiat, so that we can give them a sound warning???.........
I already forwarded him series of my mails assuming his ID to be rajeev.kapoor@fiapl.com. And the mail did not bounce back saying wrong ID !!!
Old 4th July 2009, 16:57   #295
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure about this id vahan. I think the real ID is listed in one of the threads. i have read here. ( I think it is the niggling issues thread). I have to search.

Got my minature model of linea of the same colour. will post pictures soon.

Last edited by geeash : 4th July 2009 at 17:00.
Old 4th July 2009, 20:38   #296
Senior - BHPian

geeash,

Is it ceodesk@fiapl.com ? Rajeev kapoor's mail id?
Old 6th July 2009, 09:06   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
geeash,

Is it ceodesk@fiapl.com ? Rajeev kapoor's mail id?
Yes that could be a possibility,but usually these official mails are not read by the ceo themselves. They are read by the secretaries and then forwarded to him. Is there anyway we can invite him to one of our meets and discuss the issues with him?

Last edited by geeash : 6th July 2009 at 09:08.
Old 6th July 2009, 15:12   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_rider View Post
Thanks VahanPujari ! The seats were fitted a couple of days ago; Here are a couple more. The rest will be on my thread once it's published.
Ghostrider, Could you please post some more photos of your seat taken from outside, I mean the full car.
Also is your car colour Vocal white or Pure white, because it looks very different in photo.
Old 7th July 2009, 12:32   #299
Senior - BHPian

Heared some highlevel guys from fiat are at present in cochin and are coming to concorde chennai on 8th and 9th of this months. will you guys at chennai be available so that we can meet them and have a talk about our issues?
Old 7th July 2009, 13:54   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
Ghostrider, Could you please post some more photos of your seat taken from outside, I mean the full car.
Also is your car colour Vocal white or Pure white, because it looks very different in photo.
Hi, it is vocal white; maybe the white balance of the camera was out when the pic was clicked. Anyway, here's another pic of my Linea Emotion Vocal white. Need to click some good pics of the seats before i can post them.
cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-blackgrill.jpg  

Most Viewed