Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2009, 12:15   #451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypercar View Post
Haiton uses similar leather that most of the so called Italian leather car seat guys use. These guys use a lot leather produced in Tamil Nadu but Stanley is definitely better. I have seem some terrible looking adverts from Haiton with a kangaroo ( God knows why a Kangaroo !!!) in car magazines and their website does not work. They advertise for a "Nappa leather" on Innvova seats. 10K to 100K ?? LOL. For sure 100K will be a total waste for a car seat from Haiton !! They are just following Stanley. Nothing special same old story and same old stuff. As Sunilrj had posted here only the Swedish leather importer Karlsson Leather in Bangalore has some proprietary leathers from Sweden and they are priced reasonably. Not even their top of the line leather which is imported from the well known Elmo leather company Sweden can be 100K for any car !! So what is this Haiton guy talking about?

Most of the leather sellers use Indian Hide that peels off within 2 -3 years. and most of the leathers like ovion, haiton, saddles, saddlers, stallian, pensee etc quote leather prices from 10K which IMHO cannot be the price of Genuine / Good quality leather.

the top of the range Karllson Leather Costs about 60K. further as i have learnt, Nappa etc are brand names developed in India for leather which is over treated by some manufacturers and not worth the price paid for them
Old 4th August 2009, 19:21   #452
BHPian

First off, my apologies to geeash for hijacking his thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
there is a mirror called broadway available which is about 250mm in length. this gives you a real broad view as well as reduces chances of you cutting across vehicles.

as regards ACC do this test: go to a service station which has a hoist. switch on the car with ACC and hoist it. then observe the condensor drain pipe to check how much of water flows out. if the water flow when the ACC is 16 is not heavy and comes out in drops it means the floor end of the drain pipe is choked with dust and debris. take a screw driver and clean the drain pipe.
Thanks, I was pointed to your post in another thread by a friend and intended to check on that when I do visit the TASS. However I'm not sure I have the same issue, since the compressor never cuts off during the day.
You did mention something about some 'anti-leak stickers' being wrongly placed in the other thread, did that help with anything?

I don't have issues with the view of the mirror; I merely remarked that the apparent distance of vehicles behind is further away with the side RVMs (cause they're convex) and correct with the interior RVMs (since its flat), and can cause a bit of confusion.
The interior RVM has plenty of view, but not much can be done about what you see behind since the rear glass is small, and the headrests are usually blocking whatever little view there is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
When you're saying the compressor cuts off ... you mean the * symbol in display will go OFF?
No the snowflake * symbol doesn't go off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
This is exactly same behavior for me also. I checked again today.
The compressor seemed to have stopped after it reached the set temperature (25).
So just to check if its not the AC problem .. i reduced temp to 22. cold air started coming out again.
Hope we don't have this AC problem.
Just to clarify, the compressor cutting off is *not* a problem. It is supposed to do that once it reaches the pre-set interior temperature.
ACC is a lot more accurate with temperature than the conventional manual thermostat knobs and hence can cut the compressor out more often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
But the deceleration is as you said. it drops sharply after a couple of second after taking the foot off the pedal which is quite normal i think so.

It doesnt happen very often in mine . it takes a long time to cut off. probably there is something wrong with the acc in yiour car. have it checked. It jerks when the compressor is switching on. but it doesnt jerk during the cut off.....I think these concorde fellows dont have substansial skill in handling linea. thats why we are suffering.

What about the throw from the side vents and the central vents?. in mine the side vents throw is not even 20% of the throw from central vents
The sharp deceleration doesn't seem normal. Drive-by-wire is intended to be smooth, and i'm sorry to say but, a conventional cable based throttle is much more smoother.
Take for example: you're driving in stop-go traffic; the car ahead moves a bit forward, so you respond by a slight dab on the accelerator pedal and your car moves forward a bit, till the rpm drops sharply and the engine braking slows down the car suddenly almost like you've pressed the brakes. Its quite sharp, that even the front of the chassis nosedives with the sudden deceleration. I've had to resort to half-clutching in stop-go traffic just to smoothen things out. Of course since the Linea clutch is already heavy, its a nightmare for your left leg in Chennai traffic.

The compressor cuts off often in the night, since the A/c has no difficulty reaching the pre-set temp quickly. I have no issues with that, I'm just disappointed with the unrefined jerking each time the compressor cuts in/out. I haven't seen it in any other comparable car so far.

Yes, the throw from the side-vents is a bit lower.
Old 4th August 2009, 20:16   #453
BANNED

Quote:
Of course since the Linea clutch is already heavy, its a nightmare for your left leg in Chennai traffic.
Ask me!! My daily return home journey takes more than 2 hours for 30 kms ride in B2B Mumbai peak traffic. Thanks to this & heavy Clutch, sole (Bounce-Technology) of my Hush Puppies left-shoe is torn off.
Old 4th August 2009, 21:28   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Eddy View Post
First off, my apologies to geeash for hijacking his thread!

Thanks, I was pointed to your post in another thread by a friend and intended to check on that when I do visit the TASS. However I'm not sure I have the same issue, since the compressor never cuts off during the day.
You did mention something about some 'anti-leak stickers' being wrongly placed in the other thread, did that help with anything?

I don't have issues with the view of the mirror; I merely remarked that the apparent distance of vehicles behind is further away with the side RVMs (cause they're convex) and correct with the interior RVMs (since its flat), and can cause a bit of confusion.
The interior RVM has plenty of view, but not much can be done about what you see behind since the rear glass is small, and the headrests are usually blocking whatever little view there is.

EDDY!! i havent quite understood what u wanted to convey, but still would try to reply! if the compressor cuts off for no apparent reason and you start feeling suffocated as the air inside isnt conditioned anymore, there could be a problem. when the temperature reaches the set temperature, the thermostat cuts off, the compressor doesnt go off but merely goes into a sleep mode as in refrigerators.

now in my case and a few lineas i have examined the compressor would cut off all of a sudden while braking while going down an incline etc. in this case its the flooding of compressor due to blocked drain pipe problem. (google search for this line would give you a detailed explanation)

as regards the anti-leak stickers that you mentioned, i havent said a word. what i said was, there are certain sound deadening stickers on the transmission tunnel which cover a pair of Symmetrical 10MM holes. since the die of the body is imported, it could be that in other countries something is fixed using those Holes. In India these holes are covered with a sticker like that. in my car, the robot missed the holes by about an inch which exposed the two holes as well as let water from the road enter the cabin.

Broadway Mirrors actually provide a wider view and once you get used to broadway you will feel lost without it. invite you for a demo
Old 4th August 2009, 21:29   #455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update:
Finally got a ganesha idol for my car. I had been hunting for a good idol for the car for close to 3 months ever since i got my car. I couldnt get one which satisfied me. I went to buy a gift for a family function to GRT yesterday where this idol caught my attention. It was small and cute so got it at once. Its is made of silver and it is gold plated. Costed a bomb for the small idol. Rs. 2700. Got a big hiding from my wifey for it!!!.
there are somethings which i cant resist...........

only thing is that it is little heavy and now i am wondering where and how to stick it in the car. How have you guys stuck idols on cars? and where?
Have you fixed Idol in your car and need guidance for hiding from wife technology.
Awaiting the Photos
Old 4th August 2009, 21:46   #456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have you fixed Idol in your car and need guidance for hiding from wife technology
I have not yet fixed the idol karthik. The dashboard where everyone fixes the idol is kind of sloping in linea. so by no way i can fix the idol there. i have marked a place in the dash very close to the windscreen where there is a small plastic knob like thing ( dont know for what it is there for), where it is kind of flat so that i can seat the idol. But still i am not satisfactory with the place.

Another place is the area just above the central a/c vents . I am just searching for a good place to paste the idol.
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p4190035.jpg
as far as the hiding from wife technology i am sure all of us who own a linea would be an expert in this field........

Last edited by geeash : 4th August 2009 at 21:47.
Old 4th August 2009, 21:49   #457
BHPian

Quote:
I have not yet fixed the idol karthik. The dashboard where everyone fixes the idol is kind of sloping in linea. so by no way i can fix the idol there. i have marked a place in the dash very close to the windscreen where there is a small plastic knob like thing ( dont know for what it is there for), where it is kind of flat so that i can seat the idol. But still i am not satisfactory with the place.

Another place is the area just above the central a/c vents . I am just searching for a good place to paste the idol.
as far as the hiding from wife technology i am sure all of us who own a linea would be an expert in this field........

Geeash! the knob near the windscreen is the heat sensor for the ACC. its a safe place to stick the idol. the other place is also good. the third option is on the instrument cluster in between the RPM and speedo!
Old 4th August 2009, 21:51   #458
Senior - BHPian

I already bought an idol.But i unable to find a suitable place to fix it.
That's why i asked to you.
Mine(Idol) is not fit in the space above the Audio System.
Old 4th August 2009, 21:54   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the third option is on the instrument cluster in between the RPM and speedo!
But that will hide the MID
Old 4th August 2009, 21:55   #460
BHPian

Quote:
yes a little bit of the MID will get hidden. IMHO the place near the ACC heat sensor is the best. on the same line as the sensor.
Old 4th August 2009, 21:56   #461
BHPian

Quote:
I think he was referring to the place on top of the dashboard (in front of the steering )
Old 4th August 2009, 22:03   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hahaha,yes,This knowledge comes free with Linea.
I do convince my wife rather hiding.She too loves linea (No other way to her)
Cos i often speak about Linea and spend most of time inside car.
if i am not in home,she simply comes to parking and find me in the car.
we both spend time with car(Cleaning/washing/Vacuum)
Even my parents/relatives help me in cleaning .
Simply i engage every one to clean my car on their visit to my home.
Now-a-days people afraid to come to my place
Old 4th August 2009, 22:05   #463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think he was referring to the place on top of the dashboard (in front of the steering )
Answer :
Quote:
yes a little bit of the MID will get hidden. IMHO the place near the ACC heat sensor is the best. on the same line as the sensor.
On top of dash will definitely hide the driving view.

I am also now thing why not stick the ganesha idol on back in places near the sun curtain. seems to be wierd idea .........

Damn the fiat!!. when that can customise cars to suit indian roads why cant they customise it to uphold our tradition of sticking idols too........

Quote:
we both spend time with car(Cleaning/washing/Vacuum)
Even my parents/relatives help me in cleaning .
Simply i engage every one to clean my car on their visit to my home.
Now-a-days people afraid to come to my place
lucky u mate!!. in my case I happen to do all the hard work of cleaning and my relatives just come and sit in the car and make it dirty.
I envy you .............

I always have newspaper in my car and when they happen to get inside the car i give them each a page in newspaper to put it on the mat and ask them to keep the foot on it and not on the carpet. when the finally get down i ask them to carefully dispose the paper out. sounds embarassing right!!. but still holds good when we try to keep the car clean. i dont want anyone to soil the beauty

I am also planning to put a sticker in the car which says " No eatables allowed inside"

Last edited by geeash : 4th August 2009 at 22:12.
Old 4th August 2009, 22:05   #464
BHPian

I have placed the idol just above the central AC vents. Its small in size, so its fits perfectly.

If you place between RPM and speed, it will hide the speedo.

its really funny that we discuss in length about where to place the Idol !. Such is the passion of Linean's towards Linea.

Ashwin, lets start a new thread on this. I am sure, 1000's of suggestion will be pouring in and there will be FIAT bashers who will start complaining that FIAT hasn't even provided a provision for Idol and that's the reason they dont like to own a Fiat.(just kidding. No hard feelings to anyone).
Old 4th August 2009, 22:42   #465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ashwin, lets start a new thread on this
Yes game for it !!.

Just an update....

went to yelagiri from chennai with my friend yesterday as he wanted to check out linea. He had now booked linea today in vst.

The FE was 14.9km/l as i was in a racing mode.

Was able to take it till 170kmpl and able to cruise in same for close to 2-3mins at a lonely stretch. My friend was dumbfounded. He told me that he had never seen a car driving so stable in such high speeds. He was pretty impressed so he booked to day.
Fiat you got to give me commission for luring young customers your way!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks