Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2009, 20:45   #556
BHPian

In Bangalore both Prerana and Concorde have the Sonax windshield cleaner liquid and it costs Rs.65/-. Prerana has added it to my windshield tank and it seems to be doing a good job.
Old 27th August 2009, 11:15   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Its Rs. 85 + local taxes and VAT
I got it without asking, I found a strange entry on the bill and since the SA gave the unopened bottle to me,I decided not to have a go at him and I clearly remember that it was 75.00 on the last column , so it must have been some old stock. I got this bottle 3 weeks ago, so the price change must have been quite recent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

OT.

The label clearly says Rs 85 inclusive of taxes.

By law MRP is to include all local taxes including VAT.
I am pretty sure that Concorde dont do any padding. Let me check it up again.
Old 27th August 2009, 14:50   #558
Senior - BHPian

I Guess I Cannot Sleep Peacefully With This Fiat Linea

Issues after issues is plaguing my linea. and i am beginning to hate the ownership experience. Just a few days before i thought i was happy about the car now an issue has cropped up.

Now what?. just look at the pics

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-27082009537.jpg

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-27082009538.jpg

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-27082009539.jpg

I found the wiper nozzle on the left hand side. To my horror i found out that one of the clips whith which it is self attached by press fit to the bonnet broken. and it is not staying in place. now i think it is again a time for me to visit the TASS again.

Bloody hell with damn fiat and tata. why cant vthey make plasics of better quality. how can i expect such things to happen in a 8 lakh car??.
Damn it. I should have persisted with my i20 booking than go for this bloody car!!!. I booked it and now i suffer !!!

I am going to sell this car ASAP and get myself a good car which gives me a happy ownership experience. How many time i have to visit this damn TASS for all these petty issues?. i am totally fed up

Last edited by geeash : 27th August 2009 at 15:00.
Old 27th August 2009, 15:00   #559
BHPian

Man, this is worrying. I'm expecting my new linea next week but have started getting jitters already! I'm listing all the common problems reported by current owners. Will check with BUB, if they are already aware / doing something about it.

Vineet
Old 27th August 2009, 15:01   #560
Senior - BHPian

Aswin,

Don't go to TASS again.
Just send this photo to them and ask a person to come to your place and replace it with new one.If it's not in stock ,get one from the stock new car.
Definitely you can use it now in chennai as it's raining often.
Old 27th August 2009, 15:14   #561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Man, this is worrying. I'm expecting my new linea next week but have started getting jitters already! I'm listing all the common problems reported by current owners. Will check with BUB, if they are already aware / doing something about it.

Vineet
Better cancel the booking and go for a honda city. even if it is expensive you will not have the headache later.

Quote:
Don't go to TASS again.
Just send this photo to them and ask a person to come to your place and replace it with new one.If it's not in stock ,get one from the stock new car.
Definitely you can use it now in chennai as it's raining often
Yes i talked to the TASS guys and they are yet to revert back after checking whether the nozzle is available. the problem is that i am going to bangaluru next week i would definitely want the spray as the windscreen is bound to get dirty on highway driving. If the part is not available them i am gone for good!!. my wife would kill me!!!
Old 27th August 2009, 15:30   #562
BANNED

Ashwin

This is the same left side wiper nozzle I was talking about which got loose in my Linea. I found out on my way to Goa. When I saw, nothing looked broken (where you've marked question mark, I think there is no clip as on the other side. This I compared with Right side nozzle). I tried to fix it but could not. As its fixed with Water pipe inside, it can't fall off. So just placed it in the position & drove off. Entire way to Goa & back, the nozzle was working. You will not face difficulty in your trip to Bangalore.

If this part is anot available in channai, I think I also have to call TASS here to order it
Old 27th August 2009, 15:35   #563
Senior - BHPian

Ashwin,

Pretty bad that your car is giving you so much troubles. Dont know why but your car is having recurring niggles again and again all related to plastics.

Sad to see you frustrated so much, my Linea will be completeing 4000 kms tomorrow and not a single issue related to plastics atleast or rattles, squeaks.
Seems luck is not in your stride mate, cmon we want to see your thread in Long Term ownership threads and not to be closed. Contact TASS and as karthik says they may come to your home to replace it.
Old 27th August 2009, 15:40   #564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is the same left side wiper nozzle I was talking about which got loose in my Linea. I found out on my way to Goa. When I saw, nothing looked broken (where you've marked question mark, I think there is no clip as on the other side. This I compared with Right side nozzle). I tried to fix it but could not. As its fixed with Water pipe inside, it can't fall off. So just placed it in the position & drove off. Entire way to Goa & back, the nozzle was working. You will not face difficulty in your trip to Bangalore.

If this part is anot available in channai, I think I also have to call TASS here to order it
it is literally harrowing to see all lineas having the same problems. It is emotionally draining too to purchase a premium car worth 8l and then face all these loads of a problems...

i am loosing all my patience

Luckily got a call from TASS now saying the part is available. so i am going tomorrow morning to replace the part rightaway.

Like this how many trips can i make to tass each month?

I have decided that i will not advocate anyone to buy a fiat punto or a linea unless i feel something happy about the ownership of my car.....

Last edited by geeash : 27th August 2009 at 15:43.
Old 27th August 2009, 15:52   #565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Luckily got a call from TASS now saying the part is available. so i am going tomorrow morning to replace the part rightaway.
Something happy to cheer about atleast. Seems the spare parts thing is improving now and they are keeping spares of these small things.

Quote:
Good question, i know you are frustrated like hell. I too was when fiat was not responding to my mails a few days back. 1 long drive and the love for Linea returns, its like that, also fiat responded speedily now.
Still you have a lot of patience, till now in 6 months my second visit to TASS will be for seat change, 1st being normal service.

15000 kms intvl goes waste if one has to go again and again to tass.

Quote:
I have decided that i will not advocate anyone to buy a fiat punto or a linea unless i feel something happy about the ownership of my car.....
Seems Fiat has improved plastics in Punto, is any punto owner also reporting falling bonnet lever or falling plastics?

Seems the care you do for your beauty is invitin "buri nazrein" from people
Just be bindass like me with normal washing and dont care too much by waxing again and again.
Old 27th August 2009, 16:31   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
it is literally harrowing to see all lineas having the same problems. It is emotionally draining too to purchase a premium car worth 8l and then face all these loads of a problems...

i am loosing all my patience

Geeash
You are one of the guys who influenced my decision to buy a Linea. I know these problems are not justifiable in a premium car . But look at the bright side of things
1. Spare is available so wife will not kill you
2. Cost of ANHC ( petrol) is min 9.5L Equivalent features as Linea will probably be 10.5L. Saving is 2.5L. So if each trip to TASS is worth Rs 25K, if you make less than 10 trips, you are still at a profit

Disclaimer:I have just reported 7 problems to TASS (BU Bhandari). depending on how it is handled, I reserve the right to change my line of thinking
Old 27th August 2009, 16:41   #567
Senior - BHPian

hmm so many issue in our beloved cars.
Still we are in love with her.
I spent around 9.3 lakhs towards her.
Seeing these level of nigglings i would have chosen some other brand.

But this is a small issue and nothing more serious.
But for me, issue is an issue.needs to be taken care immediately.

I too found new thing in my car yesterday while washing it.
Both ORVM Glass is full of scratches.But it won't affect the visibility and it can not be seen easily but if you look into some angle you can find the swirls.
But was unable to feel the scratches.
I don't have any clue how it happened.

Please check it in your car and lemme know.
Old 27th August 2009, 16:42   #568
BHPian

@geaash I was taken aback seeing the title of your thread and decided to check what happened, because at home we are considering to buy Linea. Well, Sad that you have to go thru these hassles. Even a used car may not give so much rattles and niggles. Sorry, if that was a harsh statement. Yours and the experiences of others here in this forum is making me to NOT consider Linea MJD as a possible buy. We wanted a Diesel Sedan and Linea was top of the list because of its looks and good fuel effeciency. But ownership experiences here is not giving me the confidence to take the plunge . Well, unless someone from Fiat assures me that these common problems are fixed in recently manufactured Lineas I may not take the plunge.
Old 27th August 2009, 16:45   #569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
Geeash
1. Spare is available so wife will not kill you
2. Cost of ANHC ( petrol) is min 9.5L Equivalent features as Linea will probably be 10.5L. Saving is 2.5L. So if each trip to TASS is worth Rs 25K, if you make less than 10 trips, you are still at a profit
Hahahah, ROFL, wife will still kill him if instead of taking her out he takes Linea out to her parents every weekend(read TASS). We singles are better.
Regarding no of trips, he already has made 10 trips to TASS i think

Quote:
Disclaimer:I have just reported 7 problems to TASS (BU Bhandari). depending on how it is handled, I reserve the right to change my line of thinking

Best comment. 7 problems, voila, thats too much. What all are they now? Hope your TASS solves them. Will go tomorrow and check all beadings, wiper nozzles in my Linea.

Scared these days that my car will develop rattles too as it has crossed 4k kms mark but now i think its a prob with mjd lineas only.
Old 27th August 2009, 16:51   #570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Scared these days that my car will develop rattles too as it has crossed 4k kms mark but now i think its a prob with mjd lineas only.
If you won't get any rattling then you have got a defective piece

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks