Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2009, 16:59   #571
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
If you won't get any rattling then you have got a defective piece

Seems so, i got a lemon i think then. Super silent car.
Sometimes think that has my dealer used my car as a demo car or done something to it, any repair etc because just 10% or 0% Linea owners are there who haven't visited TASS even once other than normal service like me.

My Linea knows that if it throws niggles, dad will kill both her and me together so she is being obedient. Also i dont pamper her like VP and Ashwin do, the "nakhras" of their Lineas are going up.
Old 27th August 2009, 17:09   #572
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Just be bindass like me with normal washing and dont care too much by waxing again and again.
I agree. Last 2 months I've been totally careless about everything, washing, waxing etc etc. But now she has developed lots of scratches.

Also Ashwin has overtaken me in terms of No. of visits to TASS. I'm not going there. There are 4-6 issues accumulated & am still holding back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
If you won't get any rattling then you have got a defective piece
Hey Karthik - mine is defective piece, She does not have any rattles
Quote:
Also i dont pamper her like VP and Ashwin do, the "nakhras" of their Lineas are going up.
Hey Rajat - Except waxing I have not done a single thing on Linea. Totally oblivious. Waxing also not done in last 2 months.
But since you reminded me, am now rethinking
Old 27th August 2009, 17:14   #573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i dont pamper her like VP and Ashwin do, the "nakhras" of their Lineas are going up.

Yes,this is the point often my wife told me.
Agreed,This is the problem faced by each of us.
Whenever i see a small scratch or swirls or niggles ,i simply waste that day by thinking it again and again till i resolve it by visiting TASS or myself.
ya this is irritating to others but if you love with somebody/something you can spend/provide anything to make it back to normal till your focussing is towards the issue only.
These is common to everyone.
Lineans has little extra % in this tendency.
Old 27th August 2009, 17:32   #574
Senior - BHPian

Success Success Success

Quote:
where you've marked question mark, I think there is no clip as on the other side. This I compared with Right side nozzle

You are a beauty VP. I must profusely thank you.

Yes the otherside does nopt have that clip thing

After seeing vahans post i went down to examine the thing. When i closely examined i found out that nothing looks like broken. The other side had a ridge and beneath it a groove. I was happy and decided to try my luck. I kep the ridge in position and inseetd the steel of the bonnet into the groove and tried to press the other side which had the clip

Viola!!!. it clipped into the space and got fit snugly. Now it doesnt even budge and stays put there. Atlast i did it. and i am feeling so happy. all the worries have vanished.

Thanks a lot vahanpujari. Your keen observation has helped me out of this issue. ill send you some present soon.

It was very stupid of me to change the title of the thread all of a sudden *2. pretty impulsive of me aswell.

Sorry moderators i am going to request you to change the title once more. Please bear with me for one last time!!!

Thanks again vahan/ amit
Old 27th August 2009, 17:32   #575
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
it is literally harrowing to see all lineas having the same problems. It is emotionally draining too to purchase a premium car worth 8l and then face all these loads of a problems...

i am loosing all my patience

Luckily got a call from TASS now saying the part is available. so i am going tomorrow morning to replace the part rightaway.

Like this how many trips can i make to tass each month?

I have decided that i will not advocate anyone to buy a fiat punto or a linea unless i feel something happy about the ownership of my car.....
Hi Geeash,

After following various Fiat Linea threads, I have almost decided to book Fiat Linea 1.4 Emotion Pk [petrol]. But, after going through your/Vahanpujari's horror experiences, I am in dilemma now. I think, I will wait and watch the situation for some more time, before taking a decision either way.Even now, my heart says situation would improve and we have to give FIAT a fair chance. Any way, for the time being I am keeping my fingers crossed. I wish all the best for the existing and prospective Linea owners.

Old 27th August 2009, 17:35   #576
BHPian

Ashwin Sir,

Dont lose hope. Things will get settled in a matter of time.

Even my car had a lot of these issues.. Now its all done and is in pristine shape. i know the hard feeling we get when something goes wrong.. Even sometimes I used to think that I should have gone for another brand...

But the feeling vanishes once I start driving her (Sheer handling ability and gorgeous looks).. Its simply, a love and hate relationship which we all are having with our beloved lineas.

Keep up your hope and things will be fine soon!

Regards,
Sathya
Old 27th August 2009, 17:44   #577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was taken aback seeing the title of your thread and decided to check what happened, because at home we are considering to buy Linea. Well, Sad that you have to go thru these hassles. Even a used car may not give so much rattles and niggles. Sorry, if that was a harsh statement. Yours and the experiences of others here in this forum is making me to NOT consider Linea MJD as a possible buy. We wanted a Diesel Sedan and Linea was top of the list because of its looks and good fuel effeciency. But ownership experiences here is not giving me the confidence to take the plunge . Well, unless someone from Fiat assures me that these common problems are fixed in recently manufactured Lineas I may not take the plunge
Sorry for misleading you mate!!. that title was out of sheer frustration. it doesnt truely reflect the feelings i have for the car. Things are fine right now. i am happy again. but definitely as you said a lot of things are left undesired and fiat has to give in some assurance to us

May be this issue has surface to teach me a lesson that patience is needed to resolve a issue and impulsiveness is not the virtue.

this time i have escaped because of amits close observation. may be ill also help myself to look close at situation and assess things better than to come here and write some crap out of sheer frustration.

infact i felt happy that the part was available readily when i asked TASS about it and also the keeness to resolve the issue on part of TASS ( senthil) has impressed me a lot.

it is just that i cannot bear any bad thing befalling my beloved car.what karthik says is 100% true

Keep it up fiat

Last edited by geeash : 27th August 2009 at 17:51.
Old 27th August 2009, 17:51   #578
Senior - BHPian

Chennai Linea Meet

Aswin,

This is the time for a Linea meet.
As we discussed,plan a meet on weekends.
we will exchange every issues we have faced and try to resolve ourselves or the ways to fix it.

Chennai Linea Owners,

Right time to solve your niggling issues and make another enjoyable day.
Old 27th August 2009, 17:53   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quiet an interesting posts in the last 2 pages.
I checked the thread cos of the changed title and was kinda worried with so many things happening in Ashwin's car.
Well now as its resolved i think there is a sign of relief.
However,i don't think so many problems in a new car is appreciated by anyone.
6k-7k running is nothing for so many niggles.
Old 27th August 2009, 18:34   #580
BHPian

@geeash Good to know that you fixed the issue yourself. Well your impulsive reaction, caused some ripples with current Linea owners and potential buyers .

But experience could have been in a different league if Fiat had used high quality plastics and other high quality materials. Imagine having no such issues and visiting TASS only for regular services. It would have been a lovely ownership experience. This is very much possible. Fiat is not too far away from that. All they have to do is correct these common issues and they should do it quickly else other people will start perceiving it as a good car with too many small problems. After that, even if they come out with a Linea with Honda like reliability, it will be a tough job changing the initial image that has settled in.

I somewhere read Fiat reads these Forums, I hope they really do and fix these issues ASAP. I am keen on knowing what steps has Fiat has taken to sort these things out. Can you or someone give me a Fiat contact whom I can get in touch with regards these common issues being addressed in new batches of Lineas.
Old 27th August 2009, 20:09   #581
BHPian

@geeash
Glad that this unhappiness is behind you. All of us would love a hassle-free ownership experience. But we all did take a risk with our choice of Linea/Punto. I hope Fiat/Tata realize that we have given them a good opportunity to come good, and do not let us down. Known problems must be addressed in their new production and corrected for existing users.

Meanwhile, I hope mods will change the thread title to what it was ! Quite a panic around!
Old 27th August 2009, 21:39   #582
Senior - BHPian

i have already requested the moderators to change the title. they are busy i think. i have again asked them so that it will resolve the panic.

As karthik said yes it is time for a linea meet

Why not on september 13th? is it ok for you all. i am giving 2 weeks extra time to prepare yourself for the meet

Lets someone else come up with the venue. Can other lines owners from near by chennai like bangaluru and hyderadad and kerala and mumbai / pune drive down?
Old 27th August 2009, 21:47   #583
BHPian

Ashwin,

You scared the hell out of me !!! Reading your email I also thought for a moment to sell my 10 day old Linea !!! I also thought of what car to buy next:

1. Verna: boring car with bad and old interiors and no airbags
2. SX4: bad mileage and boring interiors
3. Fiesta: too cramped
4. City: too expensive and no ACC, alloys and CD player

Looking at these options I realized Linea is a better car with great interiors and exterirors and great mileage. Yes it may have some niggles but how else will we keep this forum active ???
Old 27th August 2009, 21:51   #584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but how else will we keep this forum active ???
we can keep the forum active by singing praises of linea too, if it doesnt have niggles.
Old 27th August 2009, 21:59   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
we can keep the forum active by singing praises of linea too, if it doesnt have niggles.
Human tendency is to comment only on the negatives. Very rarely do people comment when everything is fine. For example my wife say I never praise her cooking daily but when something is not good I always complain. Same would apply to our cars as well !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks